Thread: long arm measurements

Default long arm measurements

I will be building a long arm kit for my jeep here soon. i want to make a radius style i only need to make a lower arm with the mount for the upper arm. I need some one who has a long arm kit with a radius arm or not to measure how long they are from eye to eye and for the people that have the radius style measure where the upper arm mounts to the lower arm. also if you have any pics that would be great as well. thanks
    01, Tera Flex 6" long arm kit, jks quick disco's,jks bar pin eliminators, Fox 2.0 shocks I won for 5 bucks, Tom woods Sye with rear drive shaft, Tera flex rear disc brakes, custom front bumper, customer rear bumper, rage roof rack. H4 head lights, k&n intake and cone, black steelies with 285x75x16 retreads, metal gas skid. Finally I have a nice jeep no more pos.
    .,=====o00
    //___l__,\____\,___
    l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
    _(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_

Default Re: long arm measurements

The length of the lower arm is determined by the mounts. Make them first. Then take the springs off the axle and jack it up into fully stuffed position and measure. That will be your length. Most people start with the arm, or try to when building a long arm. But in reality, you need to build the mount first, and decide on whether or not your cross member will be removable and what type of bushings or rod ends you will use. Then build the arm to fit those specs. That is the easiest part.