New House Project - Page 4 - Jeep Cherokee Forum xjTalk
Jeep Cherokee Forum xjTalk
jeeptalkshow.com

Go Back   Jeep Cherokee Forum xjTalk > General > General Talk

Notices

General Talk Non specific items, general chit chat, items of interest.

Old 3 Weeks Ago
Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
Ryan's Information

Thanked 1,390 Times in 581 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Chats: 70
Pinkyman has a reputation beyond reputePinkyman has a reputation beyond reputePinkyman has a reputation beyond reputePinkyman has a reputation beyond reputePinkyman has a reputation beyond reputePinkyman has a reputation beyond reputePinkyman has a reputation beyond reputePinkyman has a reputation beyond reputePinkyman has a reputation beyond reputePinkyman has a reputation beyond reputePinkyman has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: New House Project

Well i got home last night to (4) new LED shop lights in the garage, and a 100' extension cord. My wife is pretty awesome

So now i have at least temporary lighting in the shop, and man those things are bright! I got them all wired up to a surge protector, so thats my "on/off" switch for the time being, and i have an extension cord running to the shop from the house. Its not ideal, but at least I can go out there and work on stuff now! And it says they light instantly down to 0*F, so hopefully they will work alright this winter. If its that cold i wont be out there working on stuff anyways lol.

Last edited by Pinkyman; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:19 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pinkyman For This Useful Post:
abebehrmann (3 Weeks Ago), bluedragon436 (2 Weeks Ago), XJ Wheeler (2 Weeks Ago)
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Abe's Information

Thanked 1,564 Times in 800 Posts
Groans: 2
Chats: 2348
abebehrmann has a reputation beyond reputeabebehrmann has a reputation beyond reputeabebehrmann has a reputation beyond reputeabebehrmann has a reputation beyond reputeabebehrmann has a reputation beyond reputeabebehrmann has a reputation beyond reputeabebehrmann has a reputation beyond reputeabebehrmann has a reputation beyond reputeabebehrmann has a reputation beyond reputeabebehrmann has a reputation beyond reputeabebehrmann has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
windows_98_nt_2000safari

Heck yeah! I just installed my 3rd LED Shop Light in my garage and man do I love the amount of light those things put out. Makes working out there a lot more fun, not having to drag a smaller shop light from place to place to actually be able to see things clearly.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Super Moderator
Steve's Information

Thanked 8,655 Times in 5,973 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Chats: 1816
4.3LXJ has a reputation beyond repute4.3LXJ has a reputation beyond repute4.3LXJ has a reputation beyond repute4.3LXJ has a reputation beyond repute4.3LXJ has a reputation beyond repute4.3LXJ has a reputation beyond repute4.3LXJ has a reputation beyond repute4.3LXJ has a reputation beyond repute4.3LXJ has a reputation beyond repute4.3LXJ has a reputation beyond repute4.3LXJ has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
macossafari

are those four tube or two tube lights? Nice and bright
Griffin radiator
On board air
Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
30 gal gas tank
lockers
And a bunch of other stuff
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Ryan's Information

Pinkyman has a reputation beyond reputePinkyman has a reputation beyond reputePinkyman has a reputation beyond reputePinkyman has a reputation beyond reputePinkyman has a reputation beyond reputePinkyman has a reputation beyond reputePinkyman has a reputation beyond reputePinkyman has a reputation beyond reputePinkyman has a reputation beyond reputePinkyman has a reputation beyond reputePinkyman has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
windows_98_nt_2000safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.3LXJ View Post
are those four tube or two tube lights? Nice and bright
I believe they are 2 tube? But they are LED, so I guess they dont really have tubes... They are super bright though. I thought 6 would be good, but 4 seems to be plenty

These are the ones:

https://www.menards.com/main/lightin...0080852477.htm
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Ryan's Information

Garage
windows_98_nt_2000safari

I finally got the hardware for the upstairs shower, so thats up and going now, and i put all the outlet and light switch covers on. I still need to replace all of the outlets and switches, since they are old and yellow/brown. But that may be a winter project.

abebehrmann (2 Weeks Ago), Brasscatz (1 Week Ago), XJ Wheeler (1 Week Ago)
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Super Moderator
James's Information

Thanked 2,417 Times in 1,653 Posts
Chats: 38880
bluedragon436 has a reputation beyond reputebluedragon436 has a reputation beyond reputebluedragon436 has a reputation beyond reputebluedragon436 has a reputation beyond reputebluedragon436 has a reputation beyond reputebluedragon436 has a reputation beyond reputebluedragon436 has a reputation beyond reputebluedragon436 has a reputation beyond reputebluedragon436 has a reputation beyond reputebluedragon436 has a reputation beyond reputebluedragon436 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
macossafari

Coming along nicely... Seems like an early winter project would be getting heat in the shop... Can't have the "Baby" freezing.. not to mention can't not be able to work on the Jeep when things come up during the winter.. lol.. The house is coming along nicely...

Can't wait to get a place of my own, so I can pickup some of those LED shop lights like that for mine..
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Ryan's Information

Garage
windows_98_nt_2000safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedragon436 View Post
Coming along nicely... Seems like an early winter project would be getting heat in the shop... Can't have the "Baby" freezing.. not to mention can't not be able to work on the Jeep when things come up during the winter.. lol.. The house is coming along nicely...

Can't wait to get a place of my own, so I can pickup some of those LED shop lights like that for mine..
We will have heat in the attached garage before winter. We are going to run power and gas lines to the shop, but it doesnt make sense to heat it until its at least insulated, and that wont happen before winter lol.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Super Moderator
James's Information

Thanked 2,417 Times in 1,653 Posts
Chats: 38880
bluedragon436 has a reputation beyond reputebluedragon436 has a reputation beyond reputebluedragon436 has a reputation beyond reputebluedragon436 has a reputation beyond reputebluedragon436 has a reputation beyond reputebluedragon436 has a reputation beyond reputebluedragon436 has a reputation beyond reputebluedragon436 has a reputation beyond reputebluedragon436 has a reputation beyond reputebluedragon436 has a reputation beyond reputebluedragon436 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
macossafari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkyman View Post
We will have heat in the attached garage before winter. We are going to run power and gas lines to the shop, but it doesnt make sense to heat it until its at least insulated, and that wont happen before winter lol.
Going back to my original statement... priorities are all wrong... LOL... I kid I kid.. that does make sense to take care of the insulation first.. and at least you do have somewhere to do work if need be that will be heated.. And a great house that is done up just the way you want, to enjoy when there isn't any vehicle jobs that need to be done..

Last edited by bluedragon436; 2 Weeks Ago at 06:48 PM.
Old 1 Week Ago
Ryan's Information

Garage
windows_98_nt_2000safari

We got a ton done this weekend. Were almost ready to have everyone over for the little mans birthday party on Saturday.

I got a bunch or brush cleared up and stacked, and we finally got the railing done, and a bunch of painting, and i hung the rest of the light fixtures. I also swapped out a bunch of bulbs for LEDs. Ive got a bunch to go, but man i like how they look!

We also finally fixed the spot above the microwave where the fan vent goes. Her dad routed a piece of wood and we painted it white, and magneted it on so we can still have access.

abebehrmann (1 Week Ago), bluedragon436 (1 Week Ago), XJ Wheeler (1 Day Ago)
Old 1 Week Ago
Ryan's Information

Garage
windows_98_nt_2000safari

Last night I pressure washed the whole outside of the house, and the shop, and the sidewalk/patio and the stairs. I think its safe to say that it hasnt been done in a good 20 years or so. I would like to get a brush and a bucket of soapy water and scrub the shop off, but ill probably worry about that in the spring.

XJ Wheeler (1 Day Ago)
Old 1 Week Ago
Ryan's Information

Garage
windows_98_nt_2000safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkyman View Post
Last night I pressure washed the whole outside of the house, and the shop, and the sidewalk/patio and the stairs. I think its safe to say that it hasnt been done in a good 20 years or so. I would like to get a brush and a bucket of soapy water and scrub the shop off, but ill probably worry about that in the spring. The shop cleaned up good enough for now.