I have been having an issue pretty much since I reinstalled the center console a bit closer to the tunnel and since then my reverse has been VERY temperamental usually it doesnt go into reverse when I first get in the jeep but after driving it for a few miles I can put it into reverse and it goes right in.
items Ive tried thus far:
adjusted the TPS cable near the throttle body
checked the fluid level
two months ago I replaced the filter and cleaned out the shifter solenoids
I drained and refilled with lucas stop slip

Ive searched google a few times and came up with several how to's but the how to's dont give a good verbal description and the visual doesnt show HOW to remove the cable properly , its nasty in there and Id REALLY hate to break something by pulling on it wrong also it shows to release the adjuster cam but not HOW to release it...
also how do I perform the shifter cable adjustment under the console...

I'm pretty sure the issue might be under the console because since ive done this 99% of the time my key cylinder wont let me take the key out of the ignition ALSO it wont allow me to manually shift down to 1-2 and when im in drive position it can shift from neutral all the way to 3 without pushing the button so im guessing the shifter is out of sync or something...
HELP ME PLEASE