Thread: Passenger heater vent fix?

Default Passenger heater vent fix?

Howdy ,

So my family has owned this jeep for a good 18 years now, and its seen some good use. When I was a kid, i was a little PITA and decided it would be fun to rip the little ribs out of a few of the vents in the car

Ive messed around with trying to get the vent out of the dash, but haven't had much luck. at my local pick and pull, there are plenty of pre-96 jeeps with good vents, I just cant get them out! Any ideas???

Thanks!

Default Re: Passenger heater vent fix?

They just pop out like the later versions I would imagine.

A bit of gentle leverage to get one of the pivot points, out of its slot in the vent surround ... and pull the vent forward, on an angle.
    I hate watching simplicity and reliability being ruined by bureaucracy and technology.

Quote Originally Posted by MattybPDX
    If my jeep is going to be a grocery getter it's at least going to be a friggin awesome one.

The beauty of the local pick and pull is you can break stuff to figure out how it goes in or comes out. Carves is right but you may want to cock it to one side cause it is oval shaped and that may be your trouble. If I see one tomorrow I'll try and if I figure it out I'll post a video here.
    There are no rocks, log trails or public land here so I’m building a mall crawler... Dawn of the Dead style!!!

Thanks for the replies! Ill run to the pick n pull this weekend with a screwdriver (and some PB blaster ) and post what I find out!

There were only 2 XJs at the picknpull today and 1 had no dash but the other one was a 97+ which is very different from yours.
    There are no rocks, log trails or public land here so I’m building a mall crawler... Dawn of the Dead style!!!