Thread: A random fantasy/disaster story im working on.

Default A random fantasy/disaster story im working on.

(its what ihave so far, if you want i post what i have until finished)
    for those that are bored at work and need sodething to read

The day all went absent and silent

Like every other mid-summer Midwest day. I woke up around 7:30AM, used the restroom, got dressed and made some coffee. Sitting on the loveseat in the living room I sat in silence and drank coffee, peaceful but eirey.
    Realizing I haven’t heard any vehicles drive by. Looking out the window seeing no1 is normal in the morning, but nothing at all stirring. The air outside no different but the aura feeling that something is defiantly out of place. Im ready for work. I hop in my jeep,. I head out of the neighborhood and out onto the main road…..not 1 vehicle. Like a blizzard on Christmas and no-one to be seen cuz all have sheltered in. strikingly odd. Not 1 good reason goes through my head. I keep driving.
    Into main city not 1 living soul or vehicle. Deciding to figure this out I stop at moms house. I knock on the door no1 home, maybe at work like usual.. a well known neighbor across the street, retired, maybe il ask him. No answer after several knocks. So I keep on driving. I get the gate at work. NO-ONE there. gate open. No one guarding and maintaining the gate to a US military installation?! I proceed like normal. No-one at the shack. Proceeding on slowly looking around for a sign of life. Not to far is my building, very tall maybe unlocked. There are a few cars in the lot but usually theres a few at all times.
    I get out of the jeep. Enter the building, by now the gripping reality of being alone has me. I go the highest floor 7th and enter into the roof access area. Onto the roof high above the rest of the city. Looking on every side to ever corner of the city. Not a soul is moving about.
    A lot went through my head, scenario after scenario floods me. Nothing reasonable comes to mind. Reality then hits me like a brick and I am all alone. Something has happened to all humanity and im the last one. The brick of reality, of life all by myself was harsh to accept but then the epiphany that all on earth is now commendeerable…
    Now that I don’t have to sit at a desk all day. Now that I can drive any car I wanted, stay in any place I wanted
    I remember learning about sustainable energy, power, food when I was in surfing the internet all the time.
    Ideas upon ideas come to me.
    I search all the desks on all the floors for keys. Finding handfuls of car keys and house keys. Each desk I take the name and find a home address.
    Now with keys I enter the parking lot hitting panic buttons. A few go off. A few are junky or undesirable, some are low on gas. Some not capable of hopping curbs and hauling things. then some of the last keys. I found an almost new ford f250 turbo diesel crew cab , a smile went across my face. Opened the door, hoped in. FULL on fuel. YES!. moving to my jeep I get my things out. I now own this truck. The crazy realities are still coming. I can do whatever I want to do?..
    No need for money or keys. I seen a bow hunting sticker on this truck, maybe the owner had guns, I did take the address down, its also on the registration. Its in the next town over. so I venture over. all the while still not seeing a single person. I pull into the driveway and still my conscious that’s programmed says “oooh braking the law” I look in all the windows. I knock just in case. In my possession I don’t own much so I might as well start scavenging for food, guns, ammo, safe sleeping quarters incase there is anyone alive but crazy.
    His door is locked. 2nd guessing I walk around the house again and knock. Wonder whats in his shed. Just some basic garden and yard tools…and a crowbar. Commandeering once again.
    I use it to smash out the window on the back door. Entering with caution. No alarm. No dog bark. No human. Going to living and sleep quarters for even more proof. No1 there. Seems as though he was an older single adult male, surprising lacking in anything in his house. snooping around seems to be so mischievousness but exciting to find lots of neat things. normal living room nothing of interest. Kitchen cupboards had lots of canned food. I put that in the back of the truck. A few jugs of water. Exploring through the house I begin to run out of things useful. Went through bedroom, closet, drawers, under bed. Found a pistol with a few rounds. Nothing else. Taking that for protection from whatever, im still not understanding everything yet.
    Back into the truck. Felt heavy conviction because a joy rose up in me that everyone is gone. It seemed malicious and selfish then the sadness overwhelmed me that I will be all alone for the rest of my life all I have to do is live my life out. Wondering how long electricity will be provided without its normal maintenance. The lack of knowledge and skill start to bombard me. Thinking of all the insufficiencies i head back to work where there is internet. I start to search and print off all kinds of material . info on how to fly for dummies. For maybe a standard small Piper private plane that is abundant at airports. With much info and DIY and how-tos I head to the airport to maybe explore farther out.

On the way to the airport, its about noon now midday in summer. It’s a tad hot and im starting to get hungry. I stop at a local gas station. From printing out how-tos I learned how to use the gas station clerks registor to turn on gas, so I fiddle with that not that I need any just figuring out how it works, in the mean time in the back of my head I tell myself it will not be easy like this forever once electricity goes out. I grab whatever I want to eat, some snacks and drinks. And I take a bottle of vodka. I dump it all over the front door. Load up the truck and I set the gas station on fire  drive off to the airport. Quickly ablaze I drive quicker hoping it wont blow up on me while im close. Finding the local airport close. (listening to moody blues, blue guitar).
    I don’t even bother with the building. I ram one of the fences and easily plow through it and enter the air strip. I head to one of the small private plane buildings. Pulling up. There are locks on them. I didn’t think about that nor did I have any bolt cutters. I did have that pistol though. A 9mm but it will work maybe. I try to fire off one of the locks with no luck. Realizing again my poor planning and inefficiencies. Looking through the bed of the truck I find a long chain. I hook that to the front bumper and the padlock. Backing up the lock snaps right off. Yet..no plane inside. I pop a few locks. One stall had a parts plane. One had one with no fuel. Then 4th stall I had a newer looking private prop Piper with almost full fuel.
    Seeing that I have gotten this far with what I have I take a minute out to gather my thoughts and calm the foolish excitement. I tell God “thank you for letting me stay alive and getting me this far”. Then I power up the Piper and pull it out of the garage. Rifling through all the notes and manual for it learning how to fly it on a whim from some quick reading and some videos at work. I feel confident but nervous. Thinking down the road what-ifs. What-if I crash or get messed up and theres no1 to help me??? Onward, I load up the plane with the snacks.

Then I hear a small explosion…hopping out quick to look, it was the gas station. I chuckle and get back into the plane.
    Finding thrusters, pedals and reading gauges. Its about 2:00pm now. I have to stop playing around, the day is half over.
    So I drive the plane onto the run strip. I get it up to speed but im very nervous and cant seem to get the plane off the ground. A few trips back and forth. Then I get the hang of it. finally at the end of the strip. I get the wheels off. What a rush. Teaching myself how to fly a plane in a few hours and here I am. Suddenly off the ground I realize that landing cannot be as easily. Now figuratively punching myself in the face. Onward anyways. I circle abit knowing im leaving this place behind and that really nice truck. I see a fire, it’s the gas station. It went up pretty good and set other things on fire, oops.
    Now quickly planning from a birds eye view of the rest of my life in the scope of positiveness, where am I going to live, what will I do, whats the point? I head west towards a warm stable climate such as Utah maybe. With maps and calculations and estimates. With the speed im going and direction il be in mid Utah in 3.5hours.
    Flying not as high as I probably should. Keeping an eye on the fuel guage and other things. looking around I don’t see other planes, cars, anything at all. All kinds of emotions flood me. But one must keep in check, especially while flying aircraft.
    Eating some snacks and looking around distracted me to avoid the gauges. The aircraft started to sputter. Fright leaped on me. Down I go I thought, this is over with, shortly lived. Scrambling a view of all the gauges. Its overheated and on low oil pressure. Before it shuts off I take it down quickly and attempt to land. I thought when I land hopefully I can land as nicely as when I took off but now its an extreme emergency. Sweat begins to pour from my face. I let the snacks fall to the floor and spill. Sighting a large empty highway I line up and bring it down. I land it very hard and bouncy. Screeching to a halt with the brakes that didn’t really work. I clip a light pole with the wing I apparently didn’t see spinning the craft around abruptly. In an instant I realize what a dumb choice I made to joy ride an airplane with no knowledge or wisdom. Being unbuckled I was slammed against the side of the cab. Hitting my head pretty hard and bruising my ribs on an awkward shelf. The Piper is at a stop, im hurting, and now im stranded.

Slowly making my way out of the craft. Grateful im alive I kiss the ground and exhale deeply but quickly followed by a sigh because its about 7:30pm and night will shortly be here, stranded in a random state with little food and no vehicle. Quickly things got out of hand and back to the bottom.
    Measuring up my confidence and some snacks left. I start walking toward what looks like a large city in the distance.

Off I walk toward a large city unknown what city. After 1 mile I see a sign that says something about i70 and Grand Junction. Well I almost made it to dart on the map destination Utah, Im in Colorado. A few miles more I walked off the highway to a gastation on the outskirts of the city. Decided to find a place to rest, sleep, hide. The gas station was locked for some reason. Finding a rim from a car on the side of the gas station I smash the window. Finding medical kit under the clerks desk. Grabbing more vodka. I head to the back room where they had an office, ironic they had a cot there but the room stunk like curry and old clothes.
    I had a bad cut on my head, bleeding and bruising already showing. My ribs seems to be fine now.
    In the back room I open the vodka and pour it on my cut, it seems as though it needs stitches but finding some super glue in the desk drawer I hold the cut shut and glue it. Me watch says 9PM its dark out
    Very tired. I drink some milk from the gas station and fall asleep on the cot after shutting and locking the office door.

I woke up around 2AM I had to use the restroom so I did and went back to sleep after gazing out the window still in awe and new reality. Laid back onto the cot and sleep until sun up. Around 7am. I rub my eyes and take a deep breath. A chilly morning, I find some food in the gas station. Filled up my belly, found a coat, and bandaged up I head out toward the tall buildings. Signs say GRAND JUNCTION REGIONAL AIRPORT. I gave a loud remark “are you kidding me?!” just a few miles more I would have see in, maybe not have made it though. The thought came to be I quickly discarded the thought to try this all over again just because I could. Im an expert at driving a truck but not an aircraft.

Still walking I see a neighborhood, from a walk to a run I head in that direction. Passing a few houses and closing in on one that seems to be well kept and cleaner. Still my conscious programmed from youth wants to knock and look in the windows first. I oblige, then proceed to try the door. Open. Great. Slowly and cautiously because that’s my nature I enter the home. Smells of cinnamon and new carpet. Awesome. Glancing into each room its full of nice clothes, beds and furniture. Then my mind tells me this all belongs to a family, but like everyone else they mysteriously disappeared. Each move I make and every decision I make I become more numb to the fact everything once belonged to someone and that I can do whatever whenever however I want. Strange feeling to have no authority over me but God. Almost a fearful thought because I have dumb ideas and do dumb things like set gas stations on fire.

I find a real nice bathroom. Needing a shower and some clean clothes, maybe some more durable.
    I look into a bedroom scouring through drawers and closets. Some1 my size lived here. Construction worker perhaps.
    Finding a pair of jeans, boots, clean socks, underwear and a nice button up hunting shirt. I shower, change I don’t bother to shave, whats the point now?

I take my sweet time showering using up all the hot water

Default Re: a random fantasy/disaster story im working on.

Damn dude, proof read first, that was hard to read! Also in long form text why are you using "text speak"? I like the general idea but you skipped over the decision to fly to Utah, seemed very odd that someone would just jump in a plane like that, I think for that to be viable you'd need to stretch your timeline out to make the character desperate to get to Utah as he heard something on the radio or for some other reason. What's with blowing up the gas station? Seems like a dumb move to destroy readily available supplies.

Default Re: A random fantasy/disaster story im working on.

Thanks for posting this up! The story is definitely a captivating topic. Put up any continuation when you can! I surely want to see where this goes.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

changed "I" to "him"

Taking his sweet time showering using up all the hot water, cleaned and motivated to search and explore more. Water off, dried off, suit uped. He begins to scavenge through drawers finding nothing useful, just curious searching is what it really is. Onto the kitchen. Looks like they made dinner and put it in the fridge. BBQ chicken. Smells ok. He helps himself, puts it in the microwave, eats and doesn’t bother to cleanup. Onto the garage.

In the garage the man of the house seemed to like toys…first thing seen was tall poles with little orange flags on them. Dirt bikes and 4hweelers, a boat and a parts jeep half put together. The thought of just staying here is appealing but why? Theres so much to see and do. At the same time caution must be had and there needs to be consideration of his back, no one to aid him if he gets jacked up etc. checking fuel in all vehicles and considering one of these toys for transportation. Finding a green helmet that fits almost right and a backpack. He had put some food and tools in it, still having the pistol. Suited up and he takes a dirt bike.
    A Yamaha TTR230. Pretty easy to ride. Another jug of fuel strapped to the back.
    Off he goes without really planning once again. Slowly rolling down the neighborhood. No hurry to do anything really. A life of exploration and adventure seems like a dream come true to him. All the while he knows he needs to get more west before winter, he doesn’t want to be somewhere cold when electricity shuts off on me. Taking mental notes for things as far as transportation, gas, electricity.

Dirt bikes and 4wheelers don’t need keys, and older cars can be rigged to start off a switch, granted it runs. He wonders how long gas can sit in tanks, maybe a year or 2 without fresh or stabilizer. There is stabilizer in every store almost. The goal is to stay uninjured and make it west yet explore what can be explored. Thoughts are robbing him of peace, “what will you do when you find a permanent place to stay?” Day by day he will tell himself, “how will i live, alone, with no purpose?”.

Onto a main road west, wide open throttle..yet only 45mph-ish. Thinking to himself he may do anything but not everything is smart or profitable. A small dirtbike is not a good idea. Its out of gas after awhile. Dumping the extra jug of fuel into it that he had on the back. Knowing this also will be spent he spies a new car lot in the large city of Grand Junction. “Nice city but not for me to dwell” he tells himself. An overwhelming feeling of Christmas as he strolls down a main road. Seeing many car lots. Old, used, new etc. outlet stores and dept. stores…the same smile crosses his ugly face. A grin more like.

All the world is under the Christmas tree so it seems, Ford, Chevy, Dodge car lots down the road. One dealership had a turbo diesel swapped jeep brand new, but telling himself “diesel in the cold will not like me, nor can I get diesel anywhere.” While pondering on it he spots a black jeep wrangler, not liking like the color black but who cares jeep Rubicon, brand new, with one of those dealership installed lift kits and mall crawler rims on it. Something out on a magazine cover, would be a fortune but without checking the price tag because it doesn’t matter anymore. Seeing the apple of his eye, he sarcasticly snorts “Il Take It! How Much?! FREEEE!” as he ghost rides the dirt bike into the dealership doors whether unlocked or not. Crashing through with a loud crash of glass, the bike stopping as it collides into a cubicle where once people sat and put themselves in bondage to a loan they will never pay.

Strolling into the busted glass doors and fancy lobby. He gets this childish fever of “dealerships have scammed me before, lets set this one on fire maybe, after I wreck some things. First things first. Finding the key box, its locked, so he fires off a round, pistol blows off the tiny lock on it. Going through keys, hitting buttons to find the right jeep. Found it after a few. Just like all dealerships.. “freaking empty on gas. Great. Oh well I’ll fill it up…free of charge”. It starts though has a little bit left in it. He mumbles “Boy this thing is really nice. Super clean and smells good. Locking difs and fresh tires, oil.” A super smile is painted on his face.

Pull up to the doors. He puts his bag in it with snacks and some tools he grabbed from the last house. Using some like a hammer and pry bar. The onslaught of decommissioning TVs and monitors hits at a rapid rate. “I hate TV. I’ll take a hammer to the first one then I’ll get creative.” He takes a fire extinguisher and throws it through the air at a large wall mounted TV. It cracks and falls to the floor off the wall with a loud thud. With the few victims of equip he goes on a frenzy smashing all the office glass in all sorts of ways. Throwing chairs and tables, the place is a mess, a total heap of glass and broken desks and chairs.

The rest of the gas in the dirt bike he puts in the jeep. After spilling some…on a stack of paper on desk. Fire it is. The place smokes up quickly. Running out, hops in the jeep with the tools. Heading off down the street looking for a gas station. Finding one and knowing how to start the machine. The childish man goes in to the register hit the right buttons and fill up…with premium.

Onto the outdoor store that was passed on the dirtbike. A fishing/hunting store full of goodies. Parking outback. They have landscaping blocks in the front lawn as you walk up the store. Hulking up all his strength he heaves one up and chucks it into the main glass door. His eyes quickly scan all walls and rack and is in awe at all the great wonderful free stuff. “What do I grab first. What do I need? What should I take?”

A tackle box full of gear, a very high end fishing pole and extra string. Durable hunting clothing, flashlights, batteries, and nice boots and extra socks. Loads that up. Onto the guns….breaking all the windows seems to get tiring on the spine, needing need a 12g shotgun or a heavy caliber pistol he moves to the back. Theres a cable lock on all the rifles. Pistols are all in glass cases with locks. No big deal. A hammer breaks the glass easy. Bolt cutters that were found there in the back cuts the cable. He takes a user friendly Remington 700 tactical with the fancy 10rd mag mod. A Mossberg 500 shotgun. And he leaves the 9mm ruger pistol behind once he sets his eyes on a 1911…his eyes lit up when he sees it. Blued with tactical fittings. Says Wilson Combat on it. “Boy I hit the jack pot” he says.
    Theres a case with surefire lights in it. He finds one of those xs300 pistol lights. Fits perfect on the 1911. He finds a nice comfortable outside hip holster. He takes all different kinds of ammo with him. Dream jeep, fueled up. Loaded it up with beef jerky, ammo, guns and GPS, fishing gear, A tent and accessories to explore.

“Now what?” he tells myself. “Not sure” his mind fumbles out. About 3pm now. After a snack and an energy drink hes drunk with excitement to do whatever he want to do, at the same time everyone is gone, he will lose his mind being alone.

Looking good Jesse!!
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

When do we get the continuation?!

working it boss. will have some more today

“Now what?” he tells myself. “Not sure” his mind fumbles out. About 3pm now. After a snack and an energy drink hes drunk with excitement to do whatever he want to do, at the same time everyone is gone, he will lose his mind being alone. With all of this in his mind as hes trolling down the road. Looking at maps and wondering he finds and knows what hes going to do. Mount Wilson in Arizona. Great name, mountainous and not very livable and not any house really to make a permanent abode there. Yet its very close to the Hoover Dam, producing hydroelectric power and will for decades without maintenance.

The journey will take him 7 hours, but will be worth it. Arizona has a stable climate, near a mountain named after him, located by sustainable power for the rest of his life. He sets the GPS to Hoover Dam Arizona, smiling as he does knowing this will be the first time in person he will see it. With a full tank, some food and gear he heads out. Earlier, seeing on the maps all the national forests he knows he wont be able to resist.

Nearing Fishlake national forest, the jeep is low on fuel and the sun is going down. Taking an exist to rest and fill up. With wondering eyes looking for a fuel station he spots one along with a dirtbike/4wheeler shop. He fills up the jeep like last time. Not wanting to set fire to any forest he keeps himself in check. Proceeding onto the shop across the street, he thought it would be a good idea to snag some jerry cans and keep as back up fuel and water. Seeing that the dealer had put sissy highway tires on the jeep he ponders getting something more capable. Wandering around the shop in the back where they bring in new bikes and work on them he finds a few new sets of mud tires for trucks/jeeps.
    Finding exactly what he would like. 37” MTRs on steel wheels. That just happen to be same bolt pattern.

The shop didn’t really have a suitable place to sleep nor did the gas station but he could tell just a jont away was a few more business’. Finding a standard motel 8 he finds rest but hes still hungry. Across the street from it was a Wendy’s.
    He never really thought about making food in a restaurant but the thought was intriguing almost a challenge since it seemed as though he had no cooking skills.
    Finding his way on the other side of the street again all the doors were locked. So he decided to use his shotgun and blast the glass doors. Reaching in and unlocking them. Into the kitchen he has no idea what he is doing but hes excited to do this for the first time and make a mess. Finding the grill, he fires it up and meat in the freezer. He decides to make some burgers. While grilling those he finds bread, rather stale but uses it anyways and puts them in the bun warmer thing.

After grilling a few and making his own concoction of breads, meats and veggies that were almost no good. He proceeds to the fryer after heating it up and gets fries from the hopper and then makes his favorite food. Being satisfied he doesn’t feel the need to wreck and wreak havoc in the place, tired he goes back across the street and finds a room on the 2nd floor. Subconsciously he still thinks about safety. Not staying on ground floor. Locks jeep and locks his motel door. Hes still programmed from his former days.

Laying on a fresh clean bed, he drifts off to sleep while his mind is still swirling with questions. As the sun rose the next morning he awoke from having satisfied rest. His back was not hurting as much he noticed, which make him perk an eyebrow and a grin. He knows he still has a journey ahead as he rises up and showers. The restaurant across the street as he didn’t destroy it was still there to provide breakfast as he made what he desired, he took his time and sat by a window drinking coffee and eating hashbrowns. His mind is churning, trying to squeeze out any useful wisdom. Motivated to get on with the show and head west because summer will come to a close soon.
    Considering his new life, quickly his mind grows up yet he knows he will only live once.
    He uses a legal pad from the managers office and a pen, begins to write down all the things he would like to see in the west, how far they are and what it will take and when he should do it.
    Resuming where he left on from his GPS trek back onto the highway, very mountainous he drives slow seeing everything he can. He hasn’t been to the west of the US since he was a kid and everything he sees amazes him.
    Forbidding himself many times from stopping at little shops just to take little things or explore a rabbit hole type roads.
    Finally he reaches highway i15. His GPS says almost to Las Vegas a city he must skim by to get near Hoover dam. He says to himself “Sin city, city of demolition of human moral...today you will be the city destruction” with the biggest smile hes ever had, while childish ideas flood him. No holds barred he tells himself.

Nearing the large city of Vegas his grin is plastered, “I do need to zero this rifle...” he mentions to himself.
    Pulling onto a boulevard some of the lights are still flashing and strobing like in the movies. Seeing that he’s found himself a great spot to fire some rounds….or all of it.

Hopping out of the jeep in the middle of the road with lots of big buildings on both sides with lots of glass. He drops the tailgate and unloads cans of munitions. Loads his R700. Takes the Leopold scope out of the box and attaches with some tools. With a laser bore sighter he dials it in. then puts in the 10rd magazine, laying it on the hood of jeep he starts to fire. Firing at windows, signs, lights and other little things he zeros the rifle in. Doesn’t seem to be any wind here between buildings. He thinks to himself a full-auto gun would be pretty sweet here or a M203…. Or even a mark 19.

Deep down inside there is a sincere hate for the city with no opposition to stop his actions. With his new weapons tested, fired and operating as they should he walks across the street to the nearest largest casino with his 1911 on his hip. The front doors are unlocked, that makes it easy. He walks around the machines amused, wandering about looking at all the machines and lights. Knowing theres a large volt in here somewhere but the cash would be useless, but never the less he wants to burn something here if he cant burn the whole city. Searching and scouring through any door that is unlocked he finds an office with an access badge with a name on it “Joann Dunken” with a rather disgruntled profile pic.
    Most likely a menopausal divorcee that hates the world he thinks to himself.

Trying the badge on the first locked door it pops green and clicks, a satisfying sensation catches him. Like winning on the machines almost. entering behind a locked door. He looks for more locked doors. They access card seems to be an overseers card, it seems to open almost anything. Only finding break rooms, utility rooms and VIP offices he finaly stumbles on a door that perks his interest. At the end of a hall, with lots of warning signs on the door, a door unlike the others. Using the card doesn’t work, very disappointed he ponders how to get it opened. The window on the door is blacked out. Curious if its something worthwhile he scavenges around in a very VIP office for maybe a different card.

Finding nothing, frustrated he flips the desk, lo and behold secret parts on the bottom of the desk, a locked drawer that couldn’t be seen from the topside. With his 1911 he blows out the key lock. Finding 2 access cards and a pistol and some medicine for migraines and blood pressure. Back to that door down the hall, one of the badges works and it lights up.
    Inside is a rather small room. Turning on the light reveals a rack of firearms. Some standard glocks and some H&K MP5 variants. Like Christmas he gets one of those poke chip carts and takes all ammunition for an MP5, seems to be 40cal.
    At least 10,000rds in boxes and loaded magazines. Takes 2 MP5s, one had a folding stock there other was just a shoulder hanger. Finding something to plug his ears for close quarters gun fire, he finds some noise canceling headphones in a surveillance room. With both on the cart and ear phones on he whistles and old song and pushs the cart slowly back to the surveillance room. Feeling like a fire squad captain at the door, he opens fire, full-auto at all the tv screens and camera monitors and electronics. Laughing hysterically as he drops a magazine and puts in another making sure every screen is out of commission.

Going back to a media room he disregarded earlier he fiddles with sound equipment, no idea what he is doing but seems to be able find a satalite radio station for the whole building. The song “stop the train” by Bob Marley is playing.
    Hearing music in the building makes him not feel so alone.

Whistling and pushing the cart down the hall to the lobby, while full of excitement his conscious speaks.
    “going crazy already?” he tries to shrug it off telling himself “I just want to burn this city down.” his mind replies “..perfectly normal right?...” Full of anger for a city he feels justified in his work. infront of a row of slot machines with an MP5 in each hand 30rds of 40cal in each on full-auto, he lowers them both and pulls the trigger, sparks fly everywhere, smoke rises and plastic and glass shrapnel consume the atmosphere in a craze. Reloading a few times destroying most of the machines in a frenzy with belligerent laughter.

Not feeling content, his madness is only fueled. In a closet he finds a dolley, taking it back to the lobby he loads a machine and takes it into the middle of the street and dumps gasoline all over it, placing a sheet of shrapnel steel up against it he stands back about 30ft and fires a round skimming the sheet metal creating a spark. Up in quick colorful flames the machine goes, it burns hot and smells terrible. Still he feels the need for more demolition all the while something is bad is maturing in his mind.

Very hungry he goes to the jeep for snacks and a rest but by now he is stir crazy. He always liked the idea of burning money especially since there is no need for it anymore. After some water and cheezits and combo pretzels he heads back into the casino. Stepping on broken glass just about everywhere now. He looks for the place that holds all the stacks of cash. Back into the area he had access to he finds a stairwell that was locked, using the cards he makes it to a lower level. Knowing that he just entered a place that has pretty thick concrete walls he knows hes closer. Walking down the hall with less doors, bigger doors though. Aftering checking the 3rd door. The VIP key card unlocks a big heavy door, it swings up automatically. Walking in slowy, analyzing the area another door even heavier but is wide open. Through that door there was an extremely heavy and thick vault door that was open as if someone was working here and left it open. Stacks and stacks of fresh green money lined the floor to the ceiling with bags of coins.

Cart after cart he takes bundles of cash to the 1st floor in the café lobby until he has built a house shaped pile of money. Viewing his creation and admiring its shape he sets it on fire. Watching it burn with lots of black smoke and the stench of paper up in a blaze he completely forgets about the sprinkler system. With fire alarms beginning to go off and water valves opening his fun with fire is quickly snuffed out. He accepts the lesson learned and jumps back into the jeep where its dry. Nothing to dry himself off with and the sun is going down on another completely meaningless day.

Being in Vegas there must be some mighty fine hotel and restaurants around. Just down the street is the MGM Grand, seeing it as a kid once but never staying there. hearing about it and seeing it on TV, he makes the decision to stay there.
    Rolling down the street seeing all the colors in the nearing night mesmerizes him distracting him from his reasonable agenda. Seeing that the doors large and glass. He drives the jeep right through the front doors and parks in the lobby crushing one end table and lamp. Hopping the counter he finds the biggest grandest suite. A bellboy had left his cap on the counter. Putting it on and pretending to be a desk clerk, he talks to himself.
    “sir have you been here before?” “no I haven’t, happens that all the other places are booked” and ending with a fake fatguy chuckle as he finishes up finding room # and programming a key for the floor and door.

Up on top floor is a penthouse room very luxurious with much to do. First on the list is to shower then find something to eat. Taking his sweet time and using all the hot water contemplating on the fact he wants some clean fresh clothes.
    Back into his same dirty clothes he uses a laptop in the lobby for internet, noticing many websites are down. Realizing no-one to maintain them they will not be up. Getting up and heading to the restaurant of the place. Walking calmly and thinking about food…the lights flicker. Stopping in his tracks, looking up. “I thought power would be on for awhile?!”
    He blurts out. Well onto the next move anyways. Into the restaurant enterance looking around he finds a favorable spot. The table has a cloth on it with all the usual dining pieces. With no further thought he knocks the table over spilling everything to the floor then sets its back up right with just the pieces he needs.

Onto the kitchen, nothing but stainless steel everywhere. Going through fridges and freezers spying much food, but the food in the fridgerator seems to be wasting away. Some kind of fish half frozen, broccoli and potatoes. Finding a user friendly stove fries everything because he doesn’t really know how to cook. Making a mess and spilling grease on the floor and counters. Waiting for it to cook. He drums on the counter tops with 2 large pans then throwing them across the place as his food finishes frying. Carrying the tray with a plate of food and grape juice with a towl on his arm. Wetting his hair and slicking it back carries the tray to the table and speaks to himself to the empty chair, “suer yuer dinner, I apologize for the long wait, please enjoy” setting the food down and sitting himself down he looks up to where he was standing and replies “thank you, but your fired!”.

The night isn’t young and hes glad, he is tired. Taking his time eating and looking around. As he finishes his food and is satisfied he stands to his feet and knocks the table over and walks back to his room. Seeing signs for a lion exhibit he is curious, heading over to the glass cage area he sees nothing. Sadness that not even animals are around but happy at least the lions aren’t here. Too tired he takes the elevator. Finally laying his head down and falling asleep.

He stirs all night and dreams wild things that only in videos one sees. He had a dream he had a humvee with a mark 19 mounted, in a rage mowing down anything that stood. Awaking in the middle of the night with a cold sweat almost in a terror. With failed attempts to drift back off into sleep. He gets up and walks around his room, looking for quite some time out the window from the 30th floor. Looking out at all the lights and but nothing moving….depression sets over him. Rather to be in his farmhouse with wife and kids and dog instead hes all alone and on the 30th floor of a place for so-called kings he could never afford no matter what he tried.

hopelessness and pointlessness overwhelms him, but he turns himself away and refuses to crack. With this dream so real to him he remembers seeing signs for a “Nellis Airbase” right by Las Vegas. In the middle of the night he ventures out. Turning on both LED light bars on on the jeep with headlights on. A short drive away he finds gates with no easy entrance. In his tool kit he has bolt cutters. He thinks in retrospect a compact acetylene torch would be pretty handy.
    Hopping out with a head mounted flashlight he starts snipping and cutting away fence links large enough to barge the jeep through. Onto an airstrip, hes not entirely sure what hes looking for. But something in him says look for a mark 19 and a few belts. Trading in his weapons for some familiar military good seems very appealing.

After venturing around for an hour hes kind of lost and the effects of no sleep is getting to him. One of the buildings easily presents itself as a café/DFAC. Using the 1911 to get into the door he proceeds to the coffee machine. Learns how to use one of the Bun coffee machines for the first time hes excited for a cup as it brews. Learning many things useful machines and tasks is a cheerful thought.

Sitting on a bench as he adds his normal creamer and sugar to his joe and drinks it down. He has about 3 cups. The sun is on the brink of shouting its arrival once again. He relieves himself in the restroom and in the mirror the appearance of no shave seems to bother him a little, only winces and heads back to the jeep. With daylight and everything in plain view he can find things easier. Finding a squadron HQ, the main door is unlocked, quickly finds base maps, military and civilian maps on the walls of a commanders office.