Thread: Dipstick Blowby Fixed

XJ4IV Guest

Default Dipstick Blowby Fixed

Ok so after several people all not knowing each other said something about fixing my oil that was spewing out of the dipstick Idecided to finally take advice and quit marking every parking spot known to man.
    First off my PROBLEM lies within a aftermarket intake that I put together,
    Well being that the valve cover hose that USED to go to the air filter box didnt have a new fitting on the intake I figured "well it was just filtered air going in there right" well thats where I was wrong apparently the suction from the intake removes built up pressure in your crankcase and relieves the blow by.
    My solution was simple, IF you still have your factory hose which I didnt go to auto zone and go to the ricer section I bought a hose fitting one side was threaded the other was flared so I bored out a whole in my intake and slapped that thing in place and tightened it down pretty good and buttoned it all back together. Now I know SOMEBODY out there is saying well what about the OTHER hose coming from the valve cover to the intake manifold, why wouldnt that one relieve the pressure? well More often then not your not creating ENOUGH suction to fully relieve the pressure that is needed, CAREFULLY remove this hose... Now that you have broken it go to either the dealer and buy some new ones OR go to a junkyard and HOPE to buy one that isnt brittle anyhow Replace those little elbows and replace all hoses with clean new hoses and before you know it... no more marking territory
    I will attest this!!!

Default Re: Dipstick Blowby Fixed

Glad to see you got it figured out.