Thread: Front suspension angles off?

Default Front suspension angles off?

I am a new owner of a lifted cherokee, my first lifted vehicle. I am not new to wrenching but I need help getting this front suspension right. First of all it has Rusty's springs in front with spacers, tuff country lca's with drop bracket for control arms, sway bar disconnects, track bar drop bracket with adjustable track bar, and pro comp explorer shocks. Problem is this thing has horrible bump steer and it also looks like the springs are bowed way to much and also looks like the diff is pointed up to high. I have another set of springs and a different set of lca's that seem to be longer but dont know anything about either one. what should I do with this thing to make it better on the road and still be great off-road? Any opinions would be much appreciated. BTW it is a 97 sport.

Default Re: Front suspension angles off?

If you are new to the forum, then welcome.

First, the bump steer. You have a track bar drop bracket. You have two choices. First you can use a drop pitman arm that drops the same amount as the bracket. Second, you can raise the frame end of the track bar to the stock position. The idea is that the track bar and drag link need to be the same length and parallel.

Second, the castor may not be correct. You can get it checked at an alignment shop or get a simple angle finder at any good tool store and use the top of the steering ball joints for a reference. You need an angle of about 7 degrees toward the rear. This will straighten out your springs and prevent any death wobble in the future. You will need an upper or lower adjustable link to accomplish this.