Thread: Pure Genius!!

Default Pure Genius!!

Over Christmas my 6 year old nephew got a new video game for the Wii. It's called Skylanders. It's been pretty popular around here so most people with young kids probably know it. Well in case you don,t it has these little plastic toy figures that you put on this pedastal and you can play the character in the game. Nice idea, the kids can play with the toys even if they are not playing the game. The game only comes with a few figures and you can buy the others for about 8 each. I was playing the game with Brady the other day, actually I was mainly watching and hitting buttons I had no clue what the heck was going on in it! Then the little skeleton guy onscreen runs across a box and a little movie starts that is a commercial for one of the other figures. So of course Brady sees it and wants it. I'm thinking to myself whoever came up with this idea of advertising toys inside the game is a freaking genius.
    So a few days later I'm over at wallyworld and they have some of the figures on an endcap. The shelf was full of them with about 50 or 60 of them there. I send a text to my sister asking her wich ones Brady has. She sends me a list and there are a few he doesn't have. I pick up a couple (They are 8 each) and move on. Then I start thinking about how hard they are to find so I figure I'll go back and get a couple more. It's been maybe five minutes since I walked away and the shelf is completely empty.
    Since I wasn't busy I got curious and drove down the street to Meijers, they didn't have any neither did Target wich was right across the street. So I hop online and start looking at ebay and amazon and those dang little things are selling for 50 bucks and higher!. I look for the little guy that was Brady's favorite and people are bidding over 130 on an 8 toy. Why the heck couldn't I think up something like that!!

Default Re: Pure Genius!!

That is why McDonalds has play land. The kids put the pressure on.
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

Yeah I was looking at that game the other day at Walmart.. but have yet to see any of the characters.. I have been to three different Walmart's in my random travels around the DE/MD area, and none of them had them.. Someone can def make some bank if they are able to grab a bunch of them when they are first stocked at the store though...
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

you remember pound puppies? or cabbage patch kids or beanie babies... the very first craze was a pet rock
    You gotta learn to walk before you can crawl!

92 XJ
    dana50 front locked
    dana60 rear locked
    5.13 gears
    cowl snorkel intake
    37 boggers
    best mod yet... God has given me permission to wheel!

Tickle me Elmo, several years ago that was THE hot toy for Christmas. It was selling on e-bay for 3 or 4 times the "store" price. I got the inside scoop on when Wally World was putting thier's on display. I was there with the calvery, we bought about a half dozen or so and put them on e-bay. PRESTO I had my Christmas money made in a week!!

98 Cherokee Sport,
    Build thread:http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=5172

Some big gnarly rock crawler thingy.
    Build thread:http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=16616

My offroad Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-...75944179170166

I wish I was that smart. When the Elmo craze hit I bought half a dozen but gave then to family and friends kids. I was not smart enough to see the potential.
    Hey bubba get your hand off my ass,

Some days it is just not worth it to gnaw through the leather restraints.

R.I.P. Brian 96_XJ Perrine 1990-2011

I wish I was that smart. When the Elmo craze hit I bought half a dozen but gave then to family and friends kids. I was not smart enough to see the potential.
    Hey bubba get your hand off my ass,

Some days it is just not worth it to gnaw through the leather restraints.

R.I.P. Brian 96_XJ Perrine 1990-2011