Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Check Engine light on, Scanned codes need help!

LizardRunner is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen

Default Re: Check Engine light on, Scanned codes need help!

glad you found the problem and it's fixed. Pesky fuel pumps.
    2004 4.7v8HO WJ OMG, it's RED , Green bits are now under the hood. Loving the F/R Lockers and D44's. RIP 2011 Lil Ric and Gordo. RIP 2012 Jessie RIP 2013 Kat. RIP 2013 Ed . Lizards can always climb but sometimes they loose their tails to get away. The true patriot will stand beside the soldier when the time comes to fight Now building Asnikiye heca (Buzzard's Roost) homestead farm. My road is my wheeling trail

So I'm really on my last fuse with this damn jeep...today the transmission issue started happening again....

My transmission slips when I go into OD, but when I disconnect my TCU, I can shift manually and it works fine.

I've already tried spraying Electronic Cleaner in the adapters near the trans dipstick and it didn't work this time like it did for me the first time.

I've tried a different TCU and it still did the same thing...

It really is one thing after another with this jeep I really love my jeep but these problems are extremely frustrating and make it seem like its almost not worth it...WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Oh and also, my jeep "transmission wise" was driving perfectly fine other then the fuel pump issue, no slipping or anything, I could shift into OD perfectly fine, and then once I put my fuel pump in last night, today is when it started acting up again. I haven't gone mudding or off roading in a week, so that isn't the issue...I just really wish I could put this behind me!!!

LizardRunner is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen

I would reset the computer (ECM) at this point, changing out the fuel pump worked for a while but the computer is still trying to configure to the old settings, just pull the battery terminals and hold them together for a few seconds, re-install and go driving to see if that fixes the problem now. anytime you make a change to things that make it go, it seems a good idea to force it to relearn the correct computer settings.
    Last edited by LizardRunner; 02-06-2012 at 07:29 PM.
    2004 4.7v8HO WJ OMG, it's RED , Green bits are now under the hood. Loving the F/R Lockers and D44's. RIP 2011 Lil Ric and Gordo. RIP 2012 Jessie RIP 2013 Kat. RIP 2013 Ed . Lizards can always climb but sometimes they loose their tails to get away. The true patriot will stand beside the soldier when the time comes to fight Now building Asnikiye heca (Buzzard's Roost) homestead farm. My road is my wheeling trail

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12