Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Chats

Default Second XJTalk Gift Card Give Away titled "Idiot Award"

So post up your true story's. You know the ones they your regret doing but find it funny later. Pics would be great too follow too. I'll ask the moderators to vote on the best one by 10-29-11 and announce the winner on the 31st

Trailer Queen Jeep Member (Hoping Bigjim350 will show me how to wheel since 2011)
    Now charging a shop fee!

Chats

Default Re: Second XJTalk Gift Card Give Away titled "Idiot Award"

This sounds like a job that I look forward to. I have seen quite a bit that would qualify for an idiot award so lets see your submissions guys and girls.
    Hey bubba get your hand off my ass,

Some days it is just not worth it to gnaw through the leather restraints.

R.I.P. Brian 96_XJ Perrine 1990-2011

Chats

Come on Matt, you just trying to figure out a way to give yourself the prize

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by bigjim350 View Post
    Come on Matt, you just trying to figure out a way to give yourself the prize
    its easy i'm friends with you
    Trailer Queen Jeep Member (Hoping Bigjim350 will show me how to wheel since 2011)
    Now charging a shop fee!

Chats

An Idiot Award ..

Awwwww .... not fair ..

Cantabs gunna win it everytime ......

Chats

Ok A true story that i regret doing.

It was a rainy day when i first got my license back in 2007, I had my white 97 XJ and dad had a 90 YJ. It had been raining all day and we decided it was time to take a stroll to the San Jacinto back in magnolia bend behind our neighborhood. We found some pretty good holes to go through and then i saw a road i hadn't seen before. I decided to drive down it, (my dad some ways behind me in the YJ) I saw a very steep hill and got out to examine it, I only looked on the left side of the hill and it was very muddy and i said what the heck i'll go down it, I got back in the Jeep and started easing down, all of a sudden the right front side slides slightly right and i drop down like 5 feet, by the time the jeep stopped it was sitting straight up and down, being help up by the front clip and bumper (this was when it was stock). It was basically teeter tottering so i immediately jumped out of it and grabbed the back tires, if i barely pushed it would have gone completely over. My dad comes flying down the hill flipping out asking what i was thinking, what i didn't know was a back hoe had dug a deep hole on the right side of the hill and i was in too much of a hurry to look at that side which i immediately regreted. My dad quickly hooks up a strap to pull my jeep out and i told him not to hook it to the loose part in the YJ's bumper, he said it would be fine, he gave it one tug and ripped the whole bumper off the YJ. He was pissed...by that time, the owners of the property showed up which made things even worse. we finally got her out and the only damage i had was the plastic bumper piece was dented in and my alignment was way out of whack. Maybe thats why i've had so much trouble with the alignment since this incident. I regret being young and not looking at every angle like i should have. I could have easily totaled my new ride. Now my dad and I look back on it and laugh and he tells all his friends how dumb i was
    i dont have any pictures, so just imagine standing up and the gas tank at your face lol

cantab27 is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Carves View Post
    An Idiot Award ..

Awwwww .... not fair ..

Cantabs gunna win it everytime ......
    lol...dudes got similar user name but no 27......idiot...........
    keeping it red........

I DRIVE A BARBIE JEEP

Quote Originally Posted by XJ4IV
    .... lol Im a jerk tonight!
    Originally Posted by bigjim350 View Post
    Think I would go that crazy too if my Jeep turned white

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGg0C...eature=related

Chats

Hi,

Nothing that I'm proud of.. :-)
    As most of you know (I think) I'm restoring an Alfa Spider.
    2 months ago I gave the cylinder head to the workshop for rebuilt.
    One of their tasks was to set the valves clearance.

2 weeks ago, I installed the VVT solenoid and checked the valves clearance, I noticed that the intake ones have over 1mm difference than it should be.
    I got pissed, called the workshop and got the engine back to them, telling them that I do not understand how they gave me the engine like that!

Then they asked, maybe I replaced the camshaft....
    I felt like an idiot... sure I did, I fixed the VVT and replaced the camshaft with a used one I got from another store...

I apologized again and again and get back home with a shame...
    Saar

Chats

***WARNING*** PICTURES ARE GRAPHIC** IF YOU DONT LIKE BLOOD DONT LOOK***

Well here goes, I’m sure I have several that I could put in here but this is the first that comes to mind...

One night(early morning bout 3AM) 5 months ago I was drivin around with my gf looking for anything interesting to wheel. Well we stumbled upon a gas right-of-way down here in south Houston and started cruisin around... going this way and that way down whatever other pipelines crossed just seeing where they went and how far etcetera.
    I found a hole in a fence that followed a small ditch and followed that it... Next thing I know all the trees and shrubs were gone and were on some really short and really green grass... A golf course! lol So I tootled around for a bit drivin through sand traps and what not just for fun( I didn’t really tear up the course). Before we headed back towards the pipeline we took a couple souvenirs... Flagpoles...
    Being it was about 4am at this point we decide to head back down the main pipeline towards the road and my lead foot disease set in and we were haulin a & bumping right along the rough trail... When I come to, I cant see, I’m stopped, jeep stalled, uncontrollable throwing up and my hand is on my head with blood gushing from it... My gf is hysterical and I'm trying to get her to tell me what had happened.
    Turns out with the flag poles going from the back cargo area and out the rear drivers window, they stuck out a bit. Weeell. The flag end of the poles caught a tree branch, bending them back until something gave... They didn’t break, instead they came loose from whatever they were wedged against in the back and whipped around like a catapult and the iron end of the poles hit me in the head.

Outcome was a major concussion with two head contusions that got 8 staples.

My gf went back a day later & collected the flag poles that were still laying where they got pulled out by the tree brush
    Last edited by prcjeep; 10-06-2011 at 04:58 AM.

cantab27 is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

bahahahaha............brilliant...... i new golf was a stupid dangerous game..
    keeping it red........

I DRIVE A BARBIE JEEP

Quote Originally Posted by XJ4IV
    .... lol Im a jerk tonight!
    Originally Posted by bigjim350 View Post
    Think I would go that crazy too if my Jeep turned white

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGg0C...eature=related

Chats

That was painfully halarious!!! Contest over, we have a winner.

98 Cherokee Sport,
    Build thread:http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=5172

Some big gnarly rock crawler thingy.
    Build thread:http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=16616

My offroad Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-...75944179170166

Chats

If you had died you could have won the Darwin award.

It's cool that you have your own medical stapling gun. Ahhh it was a medical one wasn't it?

Chats

OUCH! That looks like it hurt like crap...By the way, i work at a golf course lol

Chats

This is horrible Patrick! I'm glad you made it out ok. Matt told me that the only after effect is when you are struck in the head, and even a mild tap, you scream at the top of your lungs "FOOOOOUUUUURRRR!!!!!"

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Mudderoy View Post
    If you had died you could have won the Darwin award.

It's cool that you have your own medical stapling gun. Ahhh it was a medical one wasn't it?
    It was a medical one and was at the hospital. It wasn't easy to tell them a believable story that didn't involve stolen flagpoles... They had a cop question me after I was fixed up to make sure I wasn't involved in an assult of some kind.
    As far as a medical staple remover.. I thought i could do it without one. Took one out, then went to the clinic lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast