Chats

Default Best replacement floor pans?

It looks like there are a few different replacement floor pans available out there. Who has replaced theirs and were you pleased, displeased, etc, with the ones you got?

My passenger side front is pretty much toast.

Chats

Default Re: Best replacement floor pans?

post pictures if you can... I might have a simple extremely cheap fix... I replaced the driver side floor pan in a CJ for about 12 bucks
    You gotta learn to walk before you can crawl!

92 XJ
    dana50 front locked
    dana60 rear locked
    5.13 gears
    cowl snorkel intake
    37 boggers
    best mod yet... God has given me permission to wheel!

LizardRunner is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

I've always just gotten 18 ga sheet and formed my own floor pans, then welded them in. If your going prefab, check the thickness of the metal they use, that is the most important thing. A 22 ga floor isn't going to last to long or be as safe as a thicker material.
    2004 4.7v8HO WJ OMG, it's RED , Green bits are now under the hood. Loving the F/R Lockers and D44's. RIP 2011 Lil Ric and Gordo. RIP 2012 Jessie RIP 2013 Kat. RIP 2013 Ed . Lizards can always climb but sometimes they loose their tails to get away. The true patriot will stand beside the soldier when the time comes to fight Now building Asnikiye heca (Buzzard's Roost) homestead farm. My road is my wheeling trail

Chats

Check out www.toolshedofamerica.com they are very reasonable priced and I have welded several of there replacement body panels in also they can get brand new fenders hoods etc for a very good price.

Chats

Thanks guys.

No pics yet. I haven't pulled the carpet.

I plan on using a prefab panel.

I definitely only want to do this once, so I don't want to skimp. I want something at least as heavy as factory.

I've been hearing good things about Raybuck ( http://www.raybuckc.com/ ). Their catalog says all of their panels are 19ga or heavier.

http://www.toolshedofamerica.com/ does seem to list the thickness.

Chats

18 gauge is like 3/64
    16 gauge =1/16 inch
    10gauge=1/8 inch

Chats

Reawakening an old post. Stoneattic, did you end up buying the floor pans? I'm eyeballing a couple items from Raybuck at the moment.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by TheWeiss View Post
    Reawakening an old post. Stoneattic, did you end up buying the floor pans? I'm eyeballing a couple items from Raybuck at the moment.
    I ended up getting the Raybuck for the passenger front floor, which was totally gone, and patch the other areas with relatively 'minor" issues with sheet steel.

The Raybuck panel was very nice. It was beefy, had all of the proper features (grooves, raised areas, etc) and fit very well requiring only minor massaging. I was very pleased with it.

After I finished doing everything I regretted not just getting all four Raybuck panels.

Chats

I think you've sold me on Raybuck. Any chance you could tell me what the Rocker panel backing plate is? I think its the flooring that runs under the Jeep right next to the Rocker panels (in line with the wheels).

I need to replace both of my front floor pans and the pieces (maybe called rocker panel backing plates) that run lengthwise down the sides of the bottom of the Jeep. I just want to make sure I'm buying the right parts.

http://raybuck.com/i-130934-1984-01-...iver-side.html

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by TheWeiss View Post
    I think you've sold me on Raybuck. Any chance you could tell me what the Rocker panel backing plate is? I think its the flooring that runs under the Jeep right next to the Rocker panels (in line with the wheels).

I need to replace both of my front floor pans and the pieces (maybe called rocker panel backing plates) that run lengthwise down the sides of the bottom of the Jeep. I just want to make sure I'm buying the right parts.

http://raybuck.com/i-130934-1984-01-...iver-side.html
    They look like the inside sill pieces, where the seat belts mount, not under the Jeep. The Raybuck floor pans run all the way up to the sills/rocker panels.