Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TimJ408 has joined!

Smile TimJ408 has joined!

Glad you could find us TimJ408!

Hey thanks Mudderoy! Allow me to introduce myself...

Hello everyone. My name is Tim Johnson. I am 18 years old and purchased my first vehicle about a month ago. It's a 2001 Jeep Cherokee Limited. Spotless in and out! 97,000 miles, Auto, non-ABS=8.25" rear, 3" Rusty's Suspension lift, 31" MTR's, Warrior Front Bumper, Rusty's upper and lower control arms, Rusty's drop pitmint arm, Rusty's drag link, Rusty's steering stabilizer, Rusty's throttle body spacer, K&N intake w/ rustys mount, cat back flowmaster stainless exhaust, optima red top battery, thule rack... and I have to say, I love the heated leather power seats... Note that I did nothing to the Jeep. I would however like a full size safari rack to keep the spare on and to hold some junk.

Anyways, although I'm not one to abuse, I do like to use. My best friend has a 88 fullsize bronco that he paid 500 for. Since I've had my cherokee, I've been trying to get him to go wheelin with me. Finally, about 2 weeks ago held the day. We hit a spot that I had checked out called Jockey Hill. It starts off at Rt 28, kingston. You turn onto Jockey Hill Rd, and pull off onto a side lot (so your buddy can lock his hubs on his bronco and figure out how to put it in 4x4 for the first time, lol!). Then you turn back onto the gravel road and head up the mountain. It's a little bumpy and there's no way a 2wd could make it up the road. The road lead to where the state blocked it off (way back when, before it was blocked off, my dad drove his ol' cj5 through there. But that was when he was my age...) But before that there is a hill on the right. To be honest I had only walked a short bit of the trail, but knew people used it and that it went on for a while. The very first obstacle, if that's what you want to call it, is some tree roots. They were very washed out were spaced out just right to catch a tire in, and just the right distance apart that you couldn't go around or throught (lots of trees!!!) To get one thing straight, you need to understand my friend George. He is reckless and knows he only paid 500 for his truck, which by the way came with 33's on it. He got pissed that I was going slow up the road and when we got to where the dirt trail starts, HE JUST WENT FOR IT! He pretty much floored it, bounced around when he hit the roots, probably hit his head a little, and surprisingly when right over it. I was laughing my *** off and decided to go again and go for it too, but a little more gentilier. He took off and his eyes popped out when he saw the mud pit/"puddle" ahead (lol!). Then it was to the right and downhill. Some tight turns and a real good water pit. Sadly, we hit a deadend that only quads could go through. We took some pictures of our rides, since it was kindof a special day, and turned around. We decided to take videos of going through the water on the way back, I'll post the link if he puts them on youtube, nothing really special but cool at the time! The way back up the hill after he kept stalling out, lol. And as much as I wanted to hit the other trail, I couldn't get him to do it. We got back out and through the tree roots. I have to say that he really impressed me, and I impressed myself. The trail was so tight that he knocked the mirrors on the bronco in (adjustable, but he doesn't used them anyways, lol). We both had a good time, and we'll be back to hit the other trail (which may connect to another road that I know of!)

Hope you enjoyed my story. I graduated last friday what do you know, now it's summer for me! (Work and play) Then College, George will be there so we can still have fun and go wheelin. I'm always wheelin when I get a chance. I took it out at 8:30 a week ago friday during my friend's graduation party. I stuck George in the back and my buddy Ralph on shotgun and hit some DEP land (Ashokan Reservoir) where they were logging. That was the first time I hit a road made out of logs (extra rough!) and impressed ralph by not getting stuck or getting a single scratch (the way I plan to keep it since it's my daily and only driver!) If anyone around here knows of any trails or events let me know!

Next post will hold some pics! Thanks for reading! -Tim

Great story, thanks. It sounds like you have the better "wheeling" head on your shoulders. If the rig is right you shouldn't have to floor it.

Welcome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    01 XJ /4" lift /33" DC Muds
    / M/T Sidebiters/ Surco / Hi-lift /Pilot Navigator lights / Bad Apple Fab diff gaurds / Midland/ Wilson / Front and rear receiver hitches / Rusty's LCA's / Magnaflow / AEM Intake / TB spacer / Jet Stage 1 / Pioneeer & Fusion Sound / AJ's Super rails / Warn Skid / BW Flat Flares/ Bedlined Rockers and Quarters / Big Daddy Tie Rod / Rustys Steering Brace

Hello and welcome from Oregon!!!!

Welcome!!!!! how do you know mudderoy?

Hello from Indy!
    2000 Cherokee Sport 4.0L/AW4/NP242....

" the ONLY reason you're still conscious is I DON'T want to have to carry you!"
    ......Jack Bauer

Voldemort Guest

Welcome to xjtalk

Welcome from Montana
    2001 XJ
    5" Lift
    Iron Man 4X4 Control Arms,Trackbar,Tie Rod
    Smittybuilt XRC10 winch
    Logans metal works winch bumper
    Skyjacker shocks
    ION 171 Rims
    3.55 Gears
    Kargo Master Rack
    Home Brew Tire Mount
    Air Aid cold air intake
    Kenwood stero

welcome!!!
    '94 XJ Country
    4.5" Rough Country lift
    31x10.50x15 BFGoodrich M/T's
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Hatchetman017

Welcome to xjtalk we are very glad to have you. Post up pics when you can. We love to look.

Welcome from waaaaay over here in the UK!!
    1998 XJ
    RE 4.5 inch superflex lift, RE GEN2 disconnects, 15x8 Crager 352's, 33x12.5x15 BFG MT, ARB Lockers Front and Rear, 4.56 Diffs, Cut & Tap Short Shaft Conversion, CV Rear Prop, B&M Transmission Cooler and Gauge, Bushwackers Cut-Outs, Skid Row Armor, AJ's SuperRails, Warn Diff Guards, LeBaron Hood Vents, KargoMaster Rack, Safari Snorkel, KC Daylighters, Midland CB, Brantz Navigation
    Loads a mud!!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3189080

ol"blue is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen

"In America You Do Have Freedom of Choice. Love It or Leave It!"

www.cherokeetech.com

Welcome from another newbie from Texas!

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Here's a few pictures.

When I get some time and a nice day I'll take some pictures of whatever else. Stand by for a help request. I have a horn that I would like to wire up, that is if it's worth doing. I do not have any experience with electrical work, so any help would be apprieciated.

-Tim

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast