Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: XJScarlet's Project

Default XJScarlet's Project

This is my cherry bomb, she is bone stock right now. I have invested all of my money into seals, gaskets, u-joints, and such. The only place I have a leak now is from the t-case.

I am in the process of altering the interior. I have started ripping out the carpet so I can Herculine the bottom, but have run into some rust. I removed the center console and replaced it with one out of a 99 TJ. I will post pictures when I am done. I couldn't deal with the size of that thing.

In about two weeks we are pulling the head to fix an exhaust leak. The stud on the back, near the firewall is broken. (SURPRISE!) I will be doing the head gasket at that time.

Recently someone gave me a 2 inch lift, so I might put that on. I want bigger tires, but I don't think I am ready to do any fender trimming. So I am undecided there.

She is my daily driver, so I have to keep things quick, and street legal. For now.....

I wasn't very happy this night, it was cold and all I wanted to do was replace seals in the OFA. Finally I had results.

Default Re: XJScarlet's Project

OOPS! Sorry about the picture size! I will watch that next time!

cantab27 is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen

and so it begins..... looks like a nice straight xj there...
    keeping it red........

I DRIVE A BARBIE JEEP

Quote Originally Posted by XJ4IV
    .... lol Im a jerk tonight!
    Originally Posted by bigjim350 View Post
    Think I would go that crazy too if my Jeep turned white

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGg0C...eature=related

eh Im not worried about the picture size but im interested in seeing the tj console in there

I will post some pictures of the TJ console tomorrow. I am not finished, so you can't harass me about it's unfinished nature. I am getting creative, and enjoying it.

LizardRunner is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen

well at least you named it scarlett and not red buttons. Seriously though, sweet looking starter rig.
    2004 4.7v8HO WJ OMG, it's RED , Green bits are now under the hood. Loving the F/R Lockers and D44's. RIP 2011 Lil Ric and Gordo. RIP 2012 Jessie RIP 2013 Kat. RIP 2013 Ed . Lizards can always climb but sometimes they loose their tails to get away. The true patriot will stand beside the soldier when the time comes to fight Now building Asnikiye heca (Buzzard's Roost) homestead farm. My road is my wheeling trail

Thank you.

Your Welcome ! wish mine had that good a clear coat left.
    2004 4.7v8HO WJ OMG, it's RED , Green bits are now under the hood. Loving the F/R Lockers and D44's. RIP 2011 Lil Ric and Gordo. RIP 2012 Jessie RIP 2013 Kat. RIP 2013 Ed . Lizards can always climb but sometimes they loose their tails to get away. The true patriot will stand beside the soldier when the time comes to fight Now building Asnikiye heca (Buzzard's Roost) homestead farm. My road is my wheeling trail

I can see places the clear coat is starting to break down. There are also some pretty bad cancerous places on the roof.

But all in all, she's in good shape. I have painted some things, especially the silver stuff, I am the anti silver. Flat black baby.

I have noticed some rust in the tub, not anywhere critical, but does anyone have any suggestions on what do to? I want to make sure I fix it, so my Jeep doesn't make me think of the Flintstones?

Flat black goes great with GREEN......just sayin'

Looks like a nice start you have there.. I am also waiting to see the pics of the TJ console.. There are a few threads on here of where folks have fixed their floor panels due to rust.. Don't be worried about going to larger tires on a DD.. there are quite a few folks on here who drive their XJ's on DD duties with 32+" tires.. including myself.. I am running 7.5" of lift and 33's on my DD, and drive almost 45mins each way to and from work.. Look forward to seeing how your herculiner turns out on your floor, as I have been contemplating pulling my carpet and doing Herculier on the interior.. especially since I live on a farm, so I am constantly tracking mud, and other into my Jeep!!
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Thanks!

I am also worried about tire size and rubbing. Without trimming the fenders, how big can you go before you have a problem? (with a 2inch lift)

My bro in law is going to weld a couple plates on the floor board for me, where the rust has actually gone through.

Here is the center console so far:
    I am still measuring and making adjustments, as I still need to rip the carpet out. I also need to make something for the heat vent that comes out underneath. My motivation was the fact that the one piece console was noisy, space consuming, and unusable. And it had no cup holders!

Before you weld in those plates don't forget to get completly rid of the rust, it will just come back to haunt you if you don't. With a 2" lift you can run 30-31 tires with no rubbing at all and probably get away with 32's if you don't crank it all the way

Next weekend I am pulling the head on Scarlet. I have a few friends to help out, but none of us have done it before. I need to fix the broken stud on the back of the i6. The exhaust leak is getting bad.

Any advice? Anything I should have on hand?

cantab27 is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen

beer ,,lots of beer......
    keeping it red........

I DRIVE A BARBIE JEEP

Quote Originally Posted by XJ4IV
    .... lol Im a jerk tonight!
    Originally Posted by bigjim350 View Post
    Think I would go that crazy too if my Jeep turned white

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGg0C...eature=related

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast