Thread: National Geographic: Guns In America

Default National Geographic: Guns In America

I caught about 15 minutes of National Geographic: Guns in America show during the wee hours of the morning today.

I was pretty upset when I saw the liberal twist, hell it was a Linda Blair 360 degree head spin. They showed a man, and his two daughters shooting pistols and a rifle. It was a family thing where he was teaching his family the value and responsibility of gun ownership and use.

Pretty positive, then the narrator came in and says "But what happens when this arsenal of guns is stolen..."

So I guess that the positive note of a LEGAL RESPONSIBLE gun owner was too powerful of a argument for the supporting of the 2nd amendment, they had to throw the "what if" in.

Society's problems cannot be solved with or without a gun. The problem with guns are the criminals that use them. Do you REALLY think that if guns were outlawed in American that there is a snowballs chance in hell that guns would disappear in 5 years, 10, 50!?!?!

No the only difference would be that only the criminals would have them, and then what ever fear they have now that they could be met with deadly force would be virtually removed.

They had a few police officers on there saying that it was "out of control", "it gets worse every year", "we are out gunned". I guess if had a choice and I could be the only one with the gun, I'd pick that option too. I have no doubt that the police are facing an up hill and very dangerous battle. We should all thank them and respect that they go out each and ever day facing the people we hope NOT to face. But let's be realistic. The police see people that run, lie, and even shoot at them. How many of us see that as often? I think the police, and rightly so, would like to see the criminals without guns, but I wonder how they look at law abiding citizens. I suspect they see us as criminals that haven't been caught yet. With that mind set then I can see how "some" police officers would like to see guns out of the hands of the citizens.

You know I thought liberals were supposed to be so smart. Why then do so many liberals want gun control? Haven't they thought this thing through? Haven't they seen what gun control has done to places like England, Australia? Oh they cite statistics but even when the stats are given correctly they show a tiny slice of reality.

Please feel free to speak your mind here, I am just trying to understand why NO GUNS in America would be a good thing.

No guns doesnt work . Other countries have tried it and the crime rates increased. All the laws do is keep honest people honest
    01 XJ /4" lift /33" DC Muds
    / M/T Sidebiters/ Surco / Hi-lift /Pilot Navigator lights / Bad Apple Fab diff gaurds / Midland/ Wilson / Front and rear receiver hitches / Rusty's LCA's / Magnaflow / AEM Intake / TB spacer / Jet Stage 1 / Pioneeer & Fusion Sound / AJ's Super rails / Warn Skid / BW Flat Flares/ Bedlined Rockers and Quarters / Big Daddy Tie Rod / Rustys Steering Brace