Thread: My Computer

Default My Computer

OK, I am trying to become more computer literate. This is a test uploading pictures.

Tony, what am I doing wrong. I am trying to upload from photobucket and I am still getting notes that my file is too large. The photo I am trying to upload is the same one as my avatar. It definately is not too large. Help.
    Semper Fi

Default Re: My Computer

Are you copying the image code or trying to load the photo directly? All you need to do is move the cursor to the photo. Then there will be a pop down menu. Move the cursor to the bottom code, the one that says img.... Then right click on it and it will be copied to your memory. Then just paste the code where you want it in your post.
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

Default Re: My Computer

When you "upload" a photo to the Internet what you are basically doing it putting it on a server that will DISPLAY your photo for you. That is a web server, like what xjtalk.com runs on. Because we don't have a lot of money we don't host the pictures from our server. Lucky there are other web servers out there that will do it for free.

Photobucket it one of them. They accept your picture as an upload then they give you a link to it. That link it just like any ordinary website address, although it might look a little different.

Photobucket makes it easy to get the link to your picture and once you have copied it you paste that link in your post here.

Now people will see the link and they'll be able to click on it to see your picture.

If you want the picture to be displayed in your post you just put [img] in front of it and [/img] and the end of the link. That tells the xjtalk.com software it is a link to a picture and it should show the picture not a clickable link.

So what this means is when you are reading a post here the text is coming from our web server, but when you see a picture is it coming from somewhere else! It all looks like it's coming from xjtalk.com though. Fancy!