Thread: What is a "Father"?

Default What is a "Father"?

Any common dictionary states that the definition is "a male parent". But really the word can be left up to a person's understanding; it can have more depth, like many words, or it could have very little meaning. For example: Some one could feel tat a father is just a person that helps with conception and does nothing more. But to others, "Father", can mean a man who takes tremendous care of his family, more than just a male parent.

And to me? To me, a Father is the man who has given me more wisdom about life than I could ever hope to gain in my own experiences. Someone who, in all honesty, made me a complete dork! The one man in my life who I know will always truly love me, and who will continue to show me love. The man who has ultimately helped in the very construction of my character.

The word "Father" presents such profundity to me, I can't just explain what it is the word should mean, but who it is to mean. Because I firmly believe that MY Father, MY Daddy, is what the word "Father" should mean. Yup, the man reading this right now, YOU are what every father should be like in my opinion. Strong in the way of thinking and open to conversation with you're children.

So happy Father's day Daddy, and thank you for being my Dad. And this is not just a way for me to suck up!

I love you.

Love, Cassie

LizardRunner is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen

Default Re: What is a "Father"?

very much words of wisdom there.

My father, taught me much more than the teachers in schools. He let me stand or fall on my own but was always there when I needed picking up. He worried when I stepped into any race car and when I crashed he made me get back in the seat just to prove to myself I could still do the thing I loved. He taught me that while it is good to never back down, it is also good to know your limits even though these must be pushed to the edge of oblivion at times inorder for growth to occur. He taught me patience, and how to see things through others eyes instead of being blinded by only my own ideals.
    Last edited by LizardRunner; 06-20-2011 at 08:34 AM.
    2004 4.7v8HO WJ OMG, it's RED , Green bits are now under the hood. Loving the F/R Lockers and D44's. RIP 2011 Lil Ric and Gordo. RIP 2012 Jessie RIP 2013 Kat. RIP 2013 Ed . Lizards can always climb but sometimes they loose their tails to get away. The true patriot will stand beside the soldier when the time comes to fight Now building Asnikiye heca (Buzzard's Roost) homestead farm. My road is my wheeling trail

Oh I'll add I don't necessarily agree with her, I could be a much better Dad. But it's nice reading her words and I'm very proud of her writing abilities.

LizardRunner is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen

I will only say this about that. The way we percieve ourselves, is not necessarialy the way others percieve us. While we may not think we are as great as they think, in the end it is more what they think than what we think. all you show by your assessment is that you are humble.
    2004 4.7v8HO WJ OMG, it's RED , Green bits are now under the hood. Loving the F/R Lockers and D44's. RIP 2011 Lil Ric and Gordo. RIP 2012 Jessie RIP 2013 Kat. RIP 2013 Ed . Lizards can always climb but sometimes they loose their tails to get away. The true patriot will stand beside the soldier when the time comes to fight Now building Asnikiye heca (Buzzard's Roost) homestead farm. My road is my wheeling trail

My dad got me into cars, did my first oil change/fuel filter change with him when I was 10