Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Chats

Default Re: Don't buy from amazon!

Quote Originally Posted by Mudderoy View Post
    Well we are up to 19 clicks on the Amazon banner ad, but no purchases yet. I'm curious to see what kind of percentage xjtalk will get from the sale. We encourage you to make any vacation home, yacht or air plane purchases through out link on the xjtalk home page.

hahahahaha yacht...lmao. thats great. I don't go on amazon that much anymore..but if i do, ill def go through the link on my favorite jeep site.

Chats

Default Re: Don't buy from amazon! (without clicking on our link first!)

I finally remembered to come back and click on the Amazon banner when I decided to upgrade my speakers! Got a pair of 6.5"s and a set of wiring adapters!

Hopefully, xjtalk will get the straight cash homey!
    2000 XJ Build Thread
    Clayton 6.5" LA / 33x10.50 BFG ATs / AA SYE / H4 upgrade / D30 & C8.25 w 3.55
    Dad's 1999 XJ daily driver
    Stock/Stock/Stock/Stock/Stock

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Sneedle Vision View Post
    I finally remembered to come back and click on the Amazon banner when I decided to upgrade my speakers! Got a pair of 6.5"s and a set of wiring adapters!

Hopefully, xjtalk will get the straight cash homey!
    Yeah that's the hardest part, remembering to click the banner ad. Thanks. I just checked. It's not showing up yet, but I believe it has to be shipped first. I'll check back!

So far we're up to about 22 after about 375 in purchases!

Chats

Just made another purchase using the link... Hey do you know if the link will still benefit xjtalk if I purchase something that was already in my cart from a previous session on Amazon when I hadn't used the link?? Like the other day I threw a few items in my cart while I was surfing at work... but couldn't access from work, so wasn't able to get the link, so I just saved the cart and moved on.. now if I was to click on the link, and bring up Amazon from the link... then purchase the items I had saved earlier in the cart.. would those purchases still credit towards ??
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by bluedragon436 View Post
    Just made another purchase using the link... Hey do you know if the link will still benefit xjtalk if I purchase something that was already in my cart from a previous session on Amazon when I hadn't used the link?? Like the other day I threw a few items in my cart while I was surfing at work... but couldn't access from work, so wasn't able to get the link, so I just saved the cart and moved on.. now if I was to click on the link, and bring up Amazon from the link... then purchase the items I had saved earlier in the cart.. would those purchases still credit towards ??
    That's a good question. Send me a PM with what items were in your cart and I'll check the list to see if got credit for them.

Chats

I would love to use your link to amazon but my wife has an associate with amazon also,so she would kill me if she found out I wasn't going thru hers so she could get her kickback

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Rayburne View Post
    I would love to use your link to amazon but my wife has an associate with amazon also,so she would kill me if she found out I wasn't going thru hers so she could get her kickback
    Geez man you could be banned "from home" for even admitting to this!

Chats

Remember when you click on our Amazon banner and then purchase something through Amazon, your purchase goes on the list that we use during the XJ TALK SHOW! segment "You bought what?!?!?!"

So before you buy from Amazon, go to the xjtalk.com home page, click on the Amazon banner.

Make your purchase and then keep listening to the XJ TALK SHOW! (www.xjtalkshow.com) and listen for us to read the item you bought! No we don't say your name, in fact we have no idea who bought what, just when it was purchased and the item name.

So play along with the "You bought what?!?!?" and support your favorite website,

Chats

Recently an member clicked on our Amazon banner then purchased over 700 in goodies. It's tax refund time you know.

He contacted us to verify that xjtalk was getting the credit. Sometimes it takes a few days, but we kept checking.

Well he's received most of the items he's ordered and still nothing showing up in our WIN column. I told him not to worry about it, and it was great that he thought of us, but sometimes these things happened.

He really wanted to know so he sent me the order numbers, boy there was a lot of order numbers!

I contacted customer service at Amazon and provided all the order numbers. This is a bit of a "canned" response but it may help the rest of you out knowing what you can and can't do to make sure xjtalk receives proper credit for all your online shopping hard work!

Hello Tony,

Thank you for sending in the order number for us to check. I've researched the order numbers your provided and have found these orders were not tagged to your Associates account. I am very sorry, we're not able to provide advertising fees for this order.

There are a number of reasons why this may have happened.

- If a customer realizes that they forgot to place their order through an Associate link, and clicks back through an Associate's website after they already placed an item in their shopping cart, then the item in the cart will not be tagged.

- These items may have already been in the customer's shopping cart from a previous visit to Amazon.com. Items stay in the shopping cart for 90 days. If a customer tries to place an order for the same item and it was already in their shopping cart, our system is set up to not record the same item twice and will default to the first time the item was added to the cart.

- If they update the quantity i.e. from 1 to 2 items, only one item will be tagged to the Associate account. This is to help ensure that we avoid duplicate orders and customer misunderstandings.

- If they visit a different site after clicking on your link, the items could be tagged to a different Associate. Each item is tagged only if it's added to the cart during the 24-hour shopping session that begins when your link is clicked. That session ends early if the customer completes an order or clicks through another site.

For security reasons, I'm not able to offer any additional information.

I hope this additional information helps.
    She doesn't say in this response but I suspect you could EMPTY your cart, click on the Amazon banner ad on and start over. But really the idea here isn't for you to have to do hardly anything and certainly NOT spend any of your money to help the site. Just catch us next time!

Chats

I have yet to find the link where is it
    91 Cherokee RC 4.5 long arm lift ECTED locker in the front Lock Rite locker in the rear Warn front and rear bumpers with 8000lb Warn winch sliders Skyjacker shocks and disconects exterior paint orange/black Rinoline. Roof rack with KC lights. SADLY GONE BUT WON'T BE FORGETEN But hay there is still a XJ in the family

97 TJ 6" Super Lift lift 2" body lift 37x13.5 tires front and rear OX lockers full roll cage custom made f/r bumpers and sliders made by AAE Customs 8000# Ramsey winch with Kevlar rope and a sound system that can make you ears bleed

Chats

Thumbs down Re: Don't buy from amazon! (without clicking on our link first!)

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeXJ View Post
    I have yet to find the link where is it
    If you click on the "HOME" or the xjtalk logo top left of each page, it will take you to the main, or HOME page of

Just below the chat you'll see a cardboard colored banner in the center of the screen. Just below the banner ad you'll see "Help support xjTalk.com click above to make your Amazon purchases!"

If you click on that banner ad it will take you to Amazon.com.

Any purchases you make for the next 24 hours will be credited to

Looks like this...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	amazon-affiliate.png 
Views:	99 
Size:	68.6 KB 
ID:	1573

Chats

One thing i had thought about is i, and i'm sure others, browse amazon. And while we're there we see items we would like and put it in our cart for future purchase. INSTEAD, just put it in your "Wish List" and it'll be there for later when your purchasing after you click the xjtalk link. That way no one forgets something was already in their cart.

Chats

Say Tony, Is it possible to have the right link so if our wives and friends want to access for our credit they can just click on it and use it from our desk top? Wive buys a lot of stuff from Amazon, but doesn't visit our site
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by 4.3LXJ View Post
    Say Tony, Is it possible to have the right link so if our wives and friends want to access for our credit they can just click on it and use it from our desk top? Wive buys a lot of stuff from Amazon, but doesn't visit our site
    Click the banner on the xjtalk front page. That will take you to amazon. Drag and drop that on to the desktop. I tried to post the link, but it's too long and the site keeps abbreviating it.

Chats

Thanks
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast