Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey Folks

Default Hey Folks

Haven't been on here in over a year..Hope all is well with everyone..Things are fine here in Maine..Been doing more Motor cycling than off roading..Still got the XJ though..Everyone have a great summer and be safe..
    1996 XJ Sport-RE 4.5" & Daystar BB netting about 6"s..Adjustable Upper & lower control arms..HD adjustable track bar...RE Mono shocks...Mojave teflon rims w/BFG 32x11.50 KM2s...RR SYE & CV shaft combo...Treck's steering frame brace and M.O.R.E. Brace...Kargo master roof rack w/home brew light mount...Home brew snorkel w/K&N filter...Yaesu 857 & Galaxy DX99V CB radios...DeTours Backbone and Tailbone system...8000 lb winch....

Default Re: Hey Folks

Good to hear from you again.
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

Icon14 Re: Hey Folks

Thanks 4.3 LXJ , I found that there isn't much for good 4 wheeling places left in Maine, unless you want to drive way up into the northern part of the state..so I ended up getting back into motorcycling last summer and that took up a lot of time as well as family stuff too..Plus my business takes up a huge amount of my time too..anyways everybody keep having fun with there wheels and make safety top priority...
    1996 XJ Sport-RE 4.5" & Daystar BB netting about 6"s..Adjustable Upper & lower control arms..HD adjustable track bar...RE Mono shocks...Mojave teflon rims w/BFG 32x11.50 KM2s...RR SYE & CV shaft combo...Treck's steering frame brace and M.O.R.E. Brace...Kargo master roof rack w/home brew light mount...Home brew snorkel w/K&N filter...Yaesu 857 & Galaxy DX99V CB radios...DeTours Backbone and Tailbone system...8000 lb winch....

back!! I can understand the getting into/back into old hobbies due to lack of wheeling available.. I am actually thinking of getting back into building computers for people, RC cars and even back into imports, as those are all things I can do without having to drive over three hours to enjoy... Glad that you are still around, and still Jeepin'!!
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Thanks BLUEDRAGON436, I still use my XJ but pretty much mostly road driving..After 18 years of not having bike,I bought an older 1998 HD Fatboy in the fall of 2009 and fixed it up over the winter...Put it on the road in spring of 2010 and used it for two months, then traded in on a 2007 HD Road King FLHP police interceptor..Had a great 2010 summer for riding...Hope to have a good one this year...

welcome back

Thank you saar.....

Hey man welcome back!!
    Shot of Whiskey and a camp fire. Perfect night time

Thanks 4x4DALTON....

Welcome back !! But ya never should have gotten rid of the Fat Boy , Road Kings are nice but nothin beats a Fat Boy !!!
    Aint got no whistle, don't belch out smoke, but my V10 aint no joke !!!

LizardRunner is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen

Welcome back! I too ride, solid disc wheels do suck in wind. I'm wanting to get either a roadking or gezerglide ultraclassic for my next bike.
    2004 4.7v8HO WJ OMG, it's RED , Green bits are now under the hood. Loving the F/R Lockers and D44's. RIP 2011 Lil Ric and Gordo. RIP 2012 Jessie RIP 2013 Kat. RIP 2013 Ed . Lizards can always climb but sometimes they loose their tails to get away. The true patriot will stand beside the soldier when the time comes to fight Now building Asnikiye heca (Buzzard's Roost) homestead farm. My road is my wheeling trail

Hey thanks for the welcome back payless..Yes the 98 Fatboy was nice because I do like the older harleys...But..The 07 Roadking is much smoother riding two up..and that equate to much more comfort for longer distance..

Thanks LizardRunner...I didn't seem to have or notice much problems with the solid rims..I have read of others not liking them...the only thing I found with the fatboy was after long rides of 200 miles or so was fatigue from the vibration...but thats the nature of the beast..on the choice of roadking vs gezerglide...pretty much the same bike...but both very nice...good luck on your future choice...

LizardRunner is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen

The only thing I have against my fb is side winds tend to make us change lanes with out wanting to. That is what makes me tired. The wife on the back seat has to get off every 100 miles for twbs. lol
    2004 4.7v8HO WJ OMG, it's RED , Green bits are now under the hood. Loving the F/R Lockers and D44's. RIP 2011 Lil Ric and Gordo. RIP 2012 Jessie RIP 2013 Kat. RIP 2013 Ed . Lizards can always climb but sometimes they loose their tails to get away. The true patriot will stand beside the soldier when the time comes to fight Now building Asnikiye heca (Buzzard's Roost) homestead farm. My road is my wheeling trail

oderdene is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen

glad to see you again, welcome back. just for interest, please post links to your HD build photos
    '91 XJ Limited | 4.0 H.O. I6 | AW-4 | NP242J | D30 | C8.25 | BFG KM2 33x10.50x15 | front winch bumper ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast