Thread: Floor pan liner

Default Floor pan liner

I am finally getting around to doing the floor pan this weekend and was wondering what everyones opinion is on what product I should go with on the liner.

Default Re: Floor pan liner

My son's 89, we cleaned down to good metal, applied Rustoleum primer, and used duplicolor over that.

My opinion was paint lasted 20+ years the first time, why would it not last another 10+ years, especially down here in Texas. We do not have bad winters or road salt to contend with.

Now, if you want to pull the carpet out altogether, I used Herculiner in the tub of my TJ. I would use this product again in a heartbeat. Applied the original coat in 99. Touched it up twice in the following years. The coating wears like iron, is very resistant to abrasion, and was fairly straight forward to apply. Took the interior out Friday night. Did the preapplication work Saturday morning (this is very important). Applied the Herculiner Saturday afternoon, reinstalled the interior Sunday afternoon. Took about 2 weeks for the Herculiner to completely cure. Had one scratch I touched up about 2 years later in the back. Area under your heels at the pedals will wear through after about 4 years. After about a month you cannot tell the liner was touched up.
    Semper Fi