Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rear Drum Brakes or BREAK

Default Re: Rear Drum Brakes or BREAK

I have a question about the drum brakes. ok....Without the drum on there , looking at all the springs and parts ....there are 2 springs at the top coming from each side ....there are 2 smaller retaining springs coming thru the shoes about halfway down....and ONE spring hooking the bottom together. (sorry no pics,still dont have a working camera) ......My question is about that spring across teh bottom. My Shoes each have a "big" hole and a "little" hole at the bottom, yet when i hook it into the little hole,the spring is way too loose .....when i move up a half inche & attach it to the big hole the spring is super tight. WHICH hole does the spring hook into? Anyone know? tyvm in advance. everyone who has responded have been a tremendous help. really

LizardRunner is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen

here's a handy reference pic.
    2004 4.7v8HO WJ OMG, it's RED , Green bits are now under the hood. Loving the F/R Lockers and D44's. RIP 2011 Lil Ric and Gordo. RIP 2012 Jessie RIP 2013 Kat. RIP 2013 Ed . Lizards can always climb but sometimes they loose their tails to get away. The true patriot will stand beside the soldier when the time comes to fight Now building Asnikiye heca (Buzzard's Roost) homestead farm. My road is my wheeling trail

yeah, I see that the spring that runs across teh bottom, hooks in at the Adjuster thingy. Mine is hooked directly to the shoe on the right connecting the two shoes. OOPS. Looks like i will be pulling the wheel & hub again to correct that. Ty for posting. Good shot. Almost identicle to mine,but ....cleaner~

Just looked at my OTHER brakes on the other side of the truck .......They had the lower Spring.....Hooked into the hole on the left shoe,like your pic shows , But then had it hooked Into the little hook on bracket self adjuster flat piece that the skinny cable hooks to.? Weird.
    Your pic shows that spring going straight across into the other shoe. wonder if the previos owner had the spring hooked in the wrong place maybe.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oGJEw6Haof8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oGJEw6Haof8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oGJEw6Haof8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></embed></object>

well.......for some reason i cant get the youtube video to show up on here so im just posting the actual link if anyone wants to see my brakes.

[ame]http://youtu.be/oGJEw6Haof8[/ame]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12