Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My tube flare

Chats

Default My tube flare

Well after driving the jeep flareless for 2 years, I finally got pulled over for it. The cop gave me a warning and said I have to put flares on. I have TJ flares but I really didn't want to put them on unless I had to. So, I figured I would try to build some tube flares. I am still very much a newbie at fab. so bear with me.

Here's some pics of them so far. I have 3 of them finished except for bedlining. I sprayed them flat black for now. I am going to bedline them and the bottom part of the jeep.

I am pretty happy with how they are turning out. I hope you guys enjoy the pics.

The beginning.

And here's a couple of my 14 year old son standing on them. He weighs 125 pounds, so I think they are pretty strong.

Chats

Default Re: My tube flare

very nice , I'm in the process of making mine i had almost the same idea but your seems easier can you take a pic of the tabs and how you mounted it
    1996 classic -4.0 - NP231j with OMIX SYE with Tom Woods Drive Shaft - HP D30 - C8.25 - 3.55 Gears - 6.5 RC lift - M/T 35x12.5x15 Baja Claws On M/T Black Signature Series Wheel 15x10 cast Aluminum -Rusty Front Prerunner Bumper - Smittybelt RXC8 8,500LBS in Front and Champion 10,000LBS in Rear - Custom Rear Bumper - Iron Rock Off Road OTK Steering - Cut Fenders- Crystal Clear H/L Housing with 8K HIDS - Bed lined Rockers and Quarters-

WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Chats

Those are saaweeeet. On my list of things to do too.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by 96xj View Post
    very nice , I'm in the process of making mine i had almost the same idea but your seems easier can you take a pic of the tabs and how you mounted it
    I will get better pics tomorrow. All I had was my cell phone for these pics. The flares mount with 5 bolts. On the front flares There are 3 braces I made to strengthen the flare and the fender. You can sorta see some of the braces in the 6th and 7th pics down. I put them at each end then 1 on top in the middle. I was really surprised how strong they are.

But the rear is a whole different animal. I couldnt make tabs like I did for the front because of the limited access to the back of the panel and also the wheel well itself is in the way. The rear tabs I made sticking straight out.

Then I made 3 slots for them to slide into in the quarter panel. The forward tab and middle tab are bolted to the inside of the wheel well The back one was too high to do that so I have a piece of angle bolted to it that holds the flare in place and spreads out the load if there's weight on the flare. The back end of the flare has a brace to the inside of the wheel well. The front end was a pain. I took out the little access panel in the door jamb and fish a bolt through there. I will get pics so you know what I mean. It's kinda hard to explain.

I like the fact that I can take these off if I have to.

cantab27 is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

mate they look sweet , not to happy with the tj flairs on mine already knocked one off, im going to steel your idea if thats alright with you....
    keeping it red........

I DRIVE A BARBIE JEEP

Quote Originally Posted by XJ4IV
    .... lol Im a jerk tonight!
    Originally Posted by bigjim350 View Post
    Think I would go that crazy too if my Jeep turned white

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGg0C...eature=related

Chats

That looks a hell of a lot better than TJ flares. Nice job, thanks for sharing. BTW, I think you could make some money making and selling those.

Chats

hell ya i would buy some of them from you. they look dang good nice work.
    01, Tera Flex 6" long arm kit, jks quick disco's,jks bar pin eliminators, Fox 2.0 shocks I won for 5 bucks, Tom woods Sye with rear drive shaft, Tera flex rear disc brakes, custom front bumper, customer rear bumper, rage roof rack. H4 head lights, k&n intake and cone, black steelies with 285x75x16 retreads, metal gas skid. Finally I have a nice jeep no more pos.
    .,=====o00
    //___l__,\____\,___
    l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
    _(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_

Chats

No way I would make them to sell. I don't have the time , and they take so dam long.

Chats

Love this idea, great job
    01 XJ /4" lift /33" DC Muds
    / M/T Sidebiters/ Surco / Hi-lift /Pilot Navigator lights / Bad Apple Fab diff gaurds / Midland/ Wilson / Front and rear receiver hitches / Rusty's LCA's / Magnaflow / AEM Intake / TB spacer / Jet Stage 1 / Pioneeer & Fusion Sound / AJ's Super rails / Warn Skid / BW Flat Flares/ Bedlined Rockers and Quarters / Big Daddy Tie Rod / Rustys Steering Brace

Chats

Very nice flares!
    1993 Jeep YJ: (Project)
    1994 Jeep XJ: (Weekend wheeler and DD) 4.5" RE long arm kit, 35" KM2, 15x8" ProComp Steel wheels, Ruff Stuff Steering, 8.8 rear, 4:56s, Filthy Addictions sliders & Steering kit, Custom bumpers, Rigid Industries LED lights, Etc

Chats

Damn, those are sweet. I like the fact you can bolt em on. Good job!
    Panda: 98 XJ Limited*4.0L*AW4*NP242J*HP D30*C8.25 *RE/RC 5" lift*33"MTR/Kevlar*MB Predator 15x8*Serious Offroad Front Bumper*Serious Offroad Longarms*Serious Offroad UTK Steering*Ohana Fab Sliders*2 KC Daylighters*
    6 Hellas*Viper 9klb Winch w/Tough Stuff Synthetic Rope*Rage Roofrack*Uniden CB*Detours A-Pillars*

XJ4IV Guest

LOL if I EVER get hit for no flares Im gonna get another set of Cherokee ones and glue velcro on the backs side or STRONG *** magnets something EASILY removable

Chats

very good looking flare what tubing bender are you using ?
    i know my spelling and grammer are bad but dont worry its not getting any better

Chats

I actually borrowed a bender from a friend. It's just one of those bottle jack bender type of deals. It did work ok, but it does kink the tube pretty easily.

Chats

"Still a newbie at fabricating..." Looks great to me! NIce work!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast