Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Chats

Default The New xjtalk.com SUPER Membership!

Well many of you have asked me "How do I become a member of xjtalk.com" Usually this was in the chat at the top of the page, so I was confused. I mean you can type in chat unless you are a member, right? After a few questions it's always the same. The member wants to help financially with the site. The appriciate it sooo much they are willing to give up their hard earned money.

We have never planned on this being a paid site. The best sites are free because those are the sites that everyone can afford. You can get anyone and everyone to participate, not just the few. So membership to this site will remain free. Access to all forums will be free, now some of them might require a few posts before you can access them!

We have created a subscription service for xjtalk.com. If you go to the Home Page and scroll to the bottom you'll see a place where you can subscribe to xjtalk.com and become a SUPER member!

The only benefit to being a SUPER member is the warm fuzzy feeling you have in knowing that you are helping the site to succeed and at the same time helping to provide stickers, t-shirts, hats, etc... for people that want them.

Just as a side note what we will be doing with stickers, hats and t-shirts is selling them. With your monthly subscriptions we'll be able to buy enough to get a good price and have them on hand for people that want to buy them. If you've read the t-shirt thread you can see how cumbersome it has been to try and get everyone to agree and pay up front. If we just bought a bunch of t-shirts then sold them as people ordered them it would be much less trouble and people would get what they wanted when they wanted it.

Frankly other than putting the t-shirts on a credit card and hoping I'd get enough money back in time to pay it was the only way. Hopefully this subscription idea will help and help us continue to grow.

Chats

Default Re: The New xjtalk.com SUPER Membership!

Actually there will be one benefit. If we get a few subscribers I'll remove the floating ad from the home page!

That ad generates about 20 a month.

Chats

Seem like a great idea.

Chats

Awesome Idea man. I would love to subscribe, hell if I could I'd pay all the xjtalk expenses myself... maybe someday I'll win the lottery and donate a few million.

But unfortunately I'm living paycheck to paycheck right now, so obviously there are times there isn't even 2.50 in my bank account. But I will definitely continue to donate anytime I can though!
    "Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out of it alive." -George Carlin

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by toebee97 View Post
    Awesome Idea man. I would love to subscribe, hell if I could I'd pay all the xjtalk expenses myself... maybe someday I'll win the lottery and donate a few million.

But unfortunately I'm living paycheck to paycheck right now, so obviously there are times there isn't even 2.50 in my bank account. But I will definitely continue to donate anytime I can though!
    Hey don't you, or anyone feel bad that you cannot subscribe. This isn't any way shape or form mandatory or even encouraged. It's simply a way to let those of you that want to and can afford to, subscribe.

The important thing is you come here and participate on the site!

Chats

After responding to a few PM's about this I've decided to make things a little better for xjtalk.com subscribers.

No Google Ads, starting now (this is also extended to the folks that have donated to the site temporarily)
    xjtalk stickers, up to two for 1 each, shipping included.

Stay tuned for more "Super" member benefits coming.

** You will still see the vendor ads.

Vendors will no longer see the Google ads either.

Chats

I really like this idea.

Chats

It's worth it to have a great site!!!!

Chats

Everyone please welcome OrangeXJ "Greg" to the growing ranks of SUPER member! Subscribed!

Chats

Everyone, and you know who you are, please welcome steph74 as our latest xjtalk SUPER member and monthly site subscriber!

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Mudderoy View Post
    Everyone, and you know who you are, please welcome steph74 as our latest xjtalk SUPER member and monthly site subscriber!
    definitely need to find a smiley with a French flag lol
    "if yer not larnin sumptin new everday, check yer pulse."

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by steph74 View Post
    definitely need to find a smiley with a French flag lol
    lol yeah I thought of that before I hit the button. Son you're in American now!

Chats

That seems like it could be a valid concern... Not one I think I have ever really thought about on any website though.. Only concern I have is how to do it without paypal, since I have had some major issues with paypal in the past..

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by bluedragon436 View Post
    That seems like it could be a valid concern... Not one I think I have ever really thought about on any website though.. Only concern I have is how to do it without paypal, since I have had some major issues with paypal in the past..
    Yeah that's a problem. Paypal makes it easy to do such things. Getting an account set up with Visa, Mastercard would make it cost prohibitive for me to do it.

So if you can't, or don't want to deal with PayPal, no worries. The only thing that is really important to me is that you are a member and continue to find the site helpful and entertaining.

I may look into other options. I think Google has something like PayPal now, but I don't know that if you were burned with PayPal that you'd feel any more secure with another ONLINE option.

Chats

Hey, welcome. Thanks for your support.
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast