Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Modifications "NOT" to "AVOID"

oderdene is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen

Default Modifications "NOT" to "AVOID"

We always have such great plans for modding our XJs. Please post here your great mods.

I will start.

I fabbed my front winch bumper and result is ocean of satisfaction; some skill of stick welding and finally enthusiasm to fabricate ...
    '91 XJ Limited | 4.0 H.O. I6 | AW-4 | NP242J | D30 | C8.25 | BFG KM2 33x10.50x15 | front winch bumper ...

Default Re: Mods "NOT" to "AVOID"

lift and big tires
    i know my spelling and grammer are bad but dont worry its not getting any better

Lockers have been my favorite upgrade. I ride with some friends some only have locked rear ends some have nothing and I am always amazed at how much easier I can get through obstacles without busting my junk up in the attempt.
    Black '90 XJ Limited, 4.0, 231, 6' lift, 33's D30-D35
    Gunshop: www.wildwestguns.com
    Alaska Hunting and Fishing: www.fishhuntalaska.com

LizardRunner is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen

lockers, fabricated parts such as; bumpers, roof racks, tire holders, skids, engine compartment vents for extra cooling, headers, sliders. alternator exchanged up for more juice, dual batterys, better air intake/snorkel (hidden or not) upgrade radiator.
    2004 4.7v8HO WJ OMG, it's RED , Green bits are now under the hood. Loving the F/R Lockers and D44's. RIP 2011 Lil Ric and Gordo. RIP 2012 Jessie RIP 2013 Kat. RIP 2013 Ed . Lizards can always climb but sometimes they loose their tails to get away. The true patriot will stand beside the soldier when the time comes to fight Now building Asnikiye heca (Buzzard's Roost) homestead farm. My road is my wheeling trail

lockers,or LSD, lift kit, tire/wheel combos, heavy duty front end, transfer case swaps,etc. Fabricated parts such as; bumpers, roof racks, tire holders, skids, engine compartment vents for extra cooling, headers, sliders. alternator exchanged up for more juice, dual batterys, better air intake/snorkel (hidden or not) upgrade radiator, extended/raised wheel wells. That's about all I can think of on my to do list right now.
    2004 4.7v8HO WJ OMG, it's RED , Green bits are now under the hood. Loving the F/R Lockers and D44's. RIP 2011 Lil Ric and Gordo. RIP 2012 Jessie RIP 2013 Kat. RIP 2013 Ed . Lizards can always climb but sometimes they loose their tails to get away. The true patriot will stand beside the soldier when the time comes to fight Now building Asnikiye heca (Buzzard's Roost) homestead farm. My road is my wheeling trail

Recovery points, SYE and Heavy Duty Grand Cherokee clutch fan.

yeah, I forgot to list those. I want to strike the hood vents for anything but the cool factor cause that is all that mod really is. I would add: heavy duty steering box from durango, rear disc brakes with emergency fitment, and using stainless braid hoses everywhere is a great way to up the cool factor and not have worries about your hoses.

recovery points I build into bumpers and these pull through the "frame attachments".

cantab27 is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen

sounds ,,,got have sounds so ya can hide all them little new noises after wheeling
    keeping it red........

I DRIVE A BARBIE JEEP

Quote Originally Posted by XJ4IV
    .... lol Im a jerk tonight!
    Originally Posted by bigjim350 View Post
    Think I would go that crazy too if my Jeep turned white

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGg0C...eature=related

Recovery points should be the first mod. Upgraded lighting and a aftermarket stereo with iPod hookup! Lol

This is my opinion if I were to start over with a stock XJ, and I knew it was going to take a few years to get it to the point I'm at now. Revovery point, homebrewed dicos, rock slidders, lift, gas tank skid plate, lockers and gears at the same time (reduce setup cost), bumpers. Other performance and appearance mod's can and probably would happen in between the body mod's.

now that sounds like a good plan of attachment !

I have to first get all my mechanicals up to snuff. I am doing this in this order; brakes, steering, engine. I have completed the rear brakes, found out I need a new steering box and highpressure hose, brake booster and master cylinder, engine rear seal, then new front discs. These will take care of most all my leaks. I will be upgrading with heavyduty parts everywhere I can so I don't have to go back cause I hate re-dos.

Once that is all done, I can get into my mods list starting with front linkage from currie, then the welder will come into play for front and rear bumpers with two shackle points each and front winch, sliders then I'll make skids for the front, trany and TC, front and rear will then get lockered/geared and heavy duty diff. cases. the last thing will be the lift and 31's or 32's. I think this order will allow me to make sure of my height with the lift, I am wanting 4-5" but I also may need heavier springs with the other stuff to get my height right, so doing everything else first will hopefully mean only one spring setup purchase.
    Last edited by LizardRunner; 01-13-2011 at 12:38 PM.

'91 XJ Limited | 4.0 H.O. I6 | AW-4 | NP242J | D30 | C8.25 | BFG KM2 33x10.50x15 | front winch bumper ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast