Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Embarrassing

Chats

Default Embarrassing

Just a bit... not my smartest idea.

As backstory, I'd just installed the locked/armored 8.25 I'd driven to Jersey for, and wanted to do some 2WD assaults on stuff to see how well it worked... got a little too happy with the skinny pedal and high-centered on a dirt pile, in the middle of a parking lot. Broke my dinky strap, and the cop was there because someone had called saying, and I quote... "There's a truck stuck on a irt pile, and it's slinging dirt all over the place."

The dirt getting slung? about two feet behind me from where the rear wheels just dug and didn't hook. The cop laughed and said that technically I wasn't doing anything illegal, since it WAS a parking lot and someone had illegally dumped the dirt there a few weeks before and it wasn't owned by anyone. He told me that the humiliation of a decently-built Jeep getting high-centered (in a PARKING LOT, no less) was punishment enough, and waited there with me shooting the until my buddy came and pulled me out.

Lesson learned? Mall-crawling is embarrassing and dangerous.
    1999 XJ, 3" Skyjacker, 33x12.50 Cooper STT's, custom bumpas, dents

1988 MJ, lowering in process

Chats

Default Re: Embarrassing

Quote Originally Posted by CT99XJ View Post

As backstory, I'd just installed the locked/armored 8.25 I'd driven to Jersey for, and wanted to do some 2WD assaults on stuff to see how well it worked... got a little too happy with the skinny pedal and high-centered on a dirt pile, in the middle of a parking lot. Broke my dinky strap, and the cop was there because someone had called saying, and I quote... "There's a truck stuck on a irt pile, and it's slinging dirt all over the place."

The dirt getting slung? about two feet behind me from where the rear wheels just dug and didn't hook. The cop laughed and said that technically I wasn't doing anything illegal, since it WAS a parking lot and someone had illegally dumped the dirt there a few weeks before and it wasn't owned by anyone. He told me that the humiliation of a decently-built Jeep getting high-centered (in a PARKING LOT, no less) was punishment enough, and waited there with me shooting the until my buddy came and pulled me out.

Oh this is great, and what a great shot. Everyone looks at my Jeep and says "I bet you can't get that one stuck!" I always respond with "You can get ANYTHING stuck!"

Chats

Wow, man, this is great stuff! I'm not poking fun because I have been highcentered once in my life in a parking lot on a BIG snow drift :-)
    Off road enthusiast's are not the ones killing nature, it's new sub-divisions, businesses, and strip malls.

Chats

Thats great!!
    It reminds me of the time I got my '91 Wrangler stuck on a dirt mound on my job site my friend thats sittin on the hood pulled it off with a backhoe.... but I didnt get any cops lol...

picture kinda faded as its a scaned polaroid

Chats

now that is just great. i got stuck in my AWD Subaru in a parking lot in the snow, and got pulled out by a 2wd truck.
    01, Tera Flex 6" long arm kit, jks quick disco's,jks bar pin eliminators, Fox 2.0 shocks I won for 5 bucks, Tom woods Sye with rear drive shaft, Tera flex rear disc brakes, custom front bumper, customer rear bumper, rage roof rack. H4 head lights, k&n intake and cone, black steelies with 285x75x16 retreads, metal gas skid. Finally I have a nice jeep no more pos.
    .,=====o00
    //___l__,\____\,___
    l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
    _(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_

Chats

Too Funny!!!! Great Pic with COP in the background!!! At least he was a cool cop to shoot the "shaving cream" with!!! Thanks for the story!!!
    This is my action pic on "the Squeeze" in Left Hand Canyon near Boulder Colorado. I almost rolled it down the mountain..my right rear got about 4 feet off the ground with my left mirror less than foot to the ground!!! 96 xj on 4.5 on 32x11.5x15 tires --- lets go wheelin....charlie

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by CT99XJ View Post

I believe that's what the kids today call "epic fail" lol. Great story man!

Chats

Funny stuff man. Hey coulda been worse,the cop's car has a video camera in it. You might be on youtube by tonight

Chats

Awesome pic...so sorry that you got embarrassed about your actions...

prerunner1982 is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Been there, Done that... but it was on my own street... dark, frosted over windows and a big mount of gravel. Got pulled off by the wife's minivan....
    1993 2 door 4x4 4.0 5 speed
    1997 4 door 4x2 4.0 auto RIP 6/6/2016
    2000 4 door 4x2 4.0 auto

Day of Dirt Adventure

Chats

Yikes..are you sure that you want to admit that a minivan saved the Jeep? I think not...lol.

Chats

HAHA Secure men are not afraid of mini vans.

Chats

i kind of laughed when the "featured XJ" was mine, and the pic was this...
    1999 XJ, 3" Skyjacker, 33x12.50 Cooper STT's, custom bumpas, dents

1988 MJ, lowering in process

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by drakan1908 View Post
    HAHA Secure men are not afraid of mini vans.
    Lol..I'm a secure woman and the thought of a mini van scares me.

Chats

Thought I had a pic of a guy in the local VW club. He has a VW van that is 4wd and it is lifted. It is one of the camper models that him and his wife camp in. Found this one....not to bad.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast