Thread: d44 progress finally

Default d44 progress finally

ive had all the pieces for a while now but i just finally got off my arse and put it all together and it looked so purdy i figured i would show it off tell me what you think is a 87 xj d44
    straight out the junk yard

shock mounts cut off ground smooth and primered

painted her up and got my zj disc brakes on

all the hard lines were screwed up so i gotta get new ones but im happy with the way it turned out now i just need my jeep back to put it under (long story)i also got a few more goodies to show off later too

Default Re: d44 progress finally

That is purdy. You are right,you do need the rest of the Jeep now.
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

i know its so sad i got the sye i gotta swap to the other case and some ss truxus mt's 33's on pro comp steel wheels and a con-fer roof rack (pics below) just no jeep i should have my xj back by the first though or short there after then its go time plus once i sell the radflo's from my frontier ima order the re 4.5" lift and ruff stuff covers front and rear

damn i hate waiting

looks good now just get the jeep to put the parts on to. they look lonely just siting their not on the jeep.
    01, Tera Flex 6" long arm kit, jks quick disco's,jks bar pin eliminators, Fox 2.0 shocks I won for 5 bucks, Tom woods Sye with rear drive shaft, Tera flex rear disc brakes, custom front bumper, customer rear bumper, rage roof rack. H4 head lights, k&n intake and cone, black steelies with 285x75x16 retreads, metal gas skid. Finally I have a nice jeep no more pos.
    .,=====o00
    //___l__,\____\,___
    l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
    _(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_

Nice it looks good, I really like the brakes

I just got done doing 4.88s, ARB, with 35 spline shafts on my D44 so far its one of the best things I have done to my XJ.
    1993 Jeep YJ: (Project)
    1994 Jeep XJ: (Weekend wheeler and DD) 4.5" RE long arm kit, 35" KM2, 15x8" ProComp Steel wheels, Ruff Stuff Steering, 8.8 rear, 4:56s, Filthy Addictions sliders & Steering kit, Custom bumpers, Rigid Industries LED lights, Etc

thanks guys and yeah gears are on the list of things to do i just welded the spiders the other day every other option was too much didnt wanna get a locker without gears and had lsd so couldnt go lunchbox but oh well its not a dd so it wont be bad till i can afford gears only a week away from getting my jeep back

well im screwed so to speak looks like im not getting my xj back any time soon(family reasons) so im gonna have to save up and buy another one but oh well mine was a pos it just might take a while since im currently unemployed the other part is ive already ordered my 6.5 rc long arm kit a week or two ago so after rc dries out after the huge flood they had and sends my kit ill have all the parts and ill just have to sit here and drink beer and stare at them till i get a new xj im going to look in the 97-99 range this time instead of the older style ill keep ya posted

also i purchased my lift from payless 4x they are a site sponsor and located here in chico and they are great guys to deal with very knowledgeable and awesome to deal with and have great prices

Hey Tom, sorry to hear that. You must be too nice. Good to hear somebody takes care of the family before oneself.
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff