Chats

Default Shackle relocation

If I use shackle relocation brackets will I need to adjust my pinion angle? I am looking at HD Offroad Engineering's brackets.
    4.5" RC lift, 33 MT/R's on 15x8's, Unibody stiffeys, JCR Front Bumper,Custom Rear Bumper and Tire Carrier and RR's, RE Adj Trac Bar & Brace,Rusty's Skids.

Default Re: Shackle relocation

Well, it just all depends on if you end up increasing the amount of lift you've got in the rear. If you do, then your pinion angle will have increased and you might need to shim it down. You'd probably have to end up with an additional 1.5" or more of lift for it to make enough difference to be an issue though. No different than adding taller shackles.
    Jason West - Jeepin.com / JeepinOutfitters.com
    '95 XJ, RE 5.5", 35" MT/Rs, D30 w/hubs & ARB, D44 w/Detroit, 4.56s, C4x4 bumpers, XD9000i, etc, etc.
    '09 JK, Unlimited Rubicon, RE 3.5" SF, 35" BFG KM2s, Expedition One bumpers, T&T Customs rockers & skids, XRC10 Comp winch
    '00 TJ, SOLD, wife's, RE 4.5" long-arm, 35" MT/Rs, D30 w/OX, D44 w/ARB, 4.88s, full cage, winch, C4x4 bumpers, etc, etc.

Chats

I have a RC 4.5 inch lift and I am thbinking about lifting the rear a bit for a raked look. With my bumper and gas tank skid and equipment my jeep sits level.
    4.5" RC lift, 33 MT/R's on 15x8's, Unibody stiffeys, JCR Front Bumper,Custom Rear Bumper and Tire Carrier and RR's, RE Adj Trac Bar & Brace,Rusty's Skids.

Chats

There are several relocation kits out there. The only ones I have seen would have a longer shackle and thus affect your pinion angle. How much would depend on the spring and would be impossible for me to tell from cyberspace. You will just have to adjust it when it is done. I can tell you how if you don't know how when it is done.

Chats

In most cases the shackle relocation kits help you pinion angle. Like the one from HD engineering only drops about a 1" or so so the effect on the pinion angle is minor. I did a 2" shackle to help my pinion angle as well as give me more lift.
    1993 Jeep YJ: (Project)
    1994 Jeep XJ: (Weekend wheeler and DD) 4.5" RE long arm kit, 35" KM2, 15x8" ProComp Steel wheels, Ruff Stuff Steering, 8.8 rear, 4:56s, Filthy Addictions sliders & Steering kit, Custom bumpers, Rigid Industries LED lights, Etc

Chats

I think the HD offroad relocations kit with JKS shackles. Then In guess it's time to get a SYE and then someday...a LA upgrade!

Chats

Just a thought.....could I just replace my rear 4.5" leafs with some RC 6" leafs and leave the front coils with the RC 4.5's to correct the leveling from the bumper and skid and crap in the cargo area?

Chats

That is probably a better solution. 6" leaves might be a bitt stiffer and ride rougher though

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by 16guns View Post
    Just a thought.....could I just replace my rear 4.5" leafs with some RC 6" leafs and leave the front coils with the RC 4.5's to correct the leveling from the bumper and skid and crap in the cargo area?
    I thought RC didn't have anything larger than 4.5" leaves. They add a 2" shackle for the 6.5" lift.