Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another one..saved?

Default Re: Another one..saved?

Yeah and now it is 22 here and freaking snowing again..ugh....
    Never drive faster than your angels can fly

Im bringing this one back to life..I have been using this jeep for a push truck at the farm and decided to get back on it. First few pics are of the repair to the broken,then hacked upper door hinge.

I didnt think to take pics of the filler piece. I just used a piece of 3/16" plate I had laying around. I had to pull the fender and door to really do the repair correctly. I had to cut the heads of the torx bolts as they wouldnt budge. I then welded 5/16" nuts to what was left of the bolt. The heat from welding helped alot and then they backed right out. I replaced them with regular metric bolts. Then I welded up the hole in the "A" pillar and skimmed it with fiberglass reinforced body filler(Kitty hair).

I also did the S-10 Bastard pack rear spring swap. I used leaf springs out of an 88' S-10. I was skpetical as to wether or not the older S-10 spring would do much..so I dove in and went with it.At stock hieght the rear measurement at the center of the flair was 29" after the swap I was at 33" I was happy with that as it gave me 4" lift. On a side note the S-10 uses a bigger 5/16" center pin and the cherokee used a 1/4" pin. I ended up drilling out the cherokee springs to match the S-10. I only used 3 leafs out of the s-10 and 2 leafs out of the cherokee. I also flipped the over load spring to give a lil more flex. I wanted to reuse the over load as to keep the spring from flexing to much when it went into an invertered arch.

Well I tried to upload photo's but this site siad they were to big..so I resized them to the smallest I could (100x75) and it still says they are too big..oh well
    Last edited by GT MOTORSPORTS; 01-04-2011 at 11:30 AM.

The price is right!

To bring this thread back up to speed. I finished the suspension and a close friend had to have it. I sold it to him and moved on to another Jeep. this was one jeep I wish I still had it was fun for no more lift than it had. Ill be on the hunt for another cheap broke down Jeep I can throw together for a winter beater.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12