Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chats

Default Another one..saved?

I went and picked up another abandoned jeep cherokee..my way of trying to save every one I can..lol

I tried to uplaod pics but it said they exceed quota..what does that mean?
    Never drive faster than your angels can fly

Chats

Default Re: Another one..saved?

Chats

Chats

Well I got the pics posted. I had to load them into photobucket. Any ways heres a story of the jeep.

It started as a project my friend,Mike,who picked it up from his friend. Origanolly Mike was supposed to change U-joints. Then Mike ended up buying it. It sat at his house for a year as he was trying to get a plan and spare change together to build it. I went over a few times to help mess with it. Alternator was locked up. After messing with the alternator he was ready to get moving on the suspension. It was at this time it wouldnt not start. After failed attempts at beating the ever living beejeusus out of the starter,He gave up. He called me and asked if I wanted it. I said sure.

So this is were the story gets real good. Yesterday we decide it was the right time to get the jeep loaded and hauled to my shop. Well After 2 failed attempts at trying to get my trailer out of the yard at the farm I told mike I would just try to get it running some how. I head over with a fresh battery. I try to get it started by messing with the neutral switch,which has gone bad in my 96' before. I asked for a piece of cardboard to lay on and soon found out if I jump the starter it would run. So we get it running and since its low on fuel we decide to make a run for the local fuel station. Well we get to the end of his dads drive way(150 ft.) and it dies and smells like burn coffe grinds.. We push it across the street to his house and proceed to get fuel,thinking its ran out of fuel. So on return we load it down with 5 gallons of shells finest grade 94 oct. Climb back under it and try to start it..no luck.. startes but dies immediatly. I put my hand on the exhaust and its cold from the cat back..Not wantingto spend time unbolting the exhuast..we decide to cut it..In goes the sawsall..sweet..that was easy..go to start it again and bame..covered in tranny fluid..damn..I knicked the line. We searched and couldnt find any fuel line or transmisson line. So to the parts store we go..20 min. drive..come back with tranny fluid,clamps and a piece of hose. Got the line cut at said knock,then tried unsuccessfully to get the hose over the line. Getting real mad,I decide to run to my shop(20 min)get back to Mikes and get the line slid on and clamped. Top of fliud and start again. This time it runs fine and not to loud. We decide to let it run for 15 min to make sure. Time to drive it to the house.Great blower motor starts to whine and it quits, no heat therest of the way home.Start slow just to make sure it stops and doesnt stall. Finally feeling confident in my purchase I lay into the throttle. does well,no slipping and seems to pull fine. So I get it home after 4 hrs of screwing around. Hope you enjoyed this entertaining story of my new project.

Chats

that is how my day and luck goes so how many do you have ?

Chats

So what do you want for the price you paid anyway?

Chats

I have 4. But one is a parts jeep for the other one. Whitey has no floor pans and is being stripped soon of its suspension.

I did give 200 and built his Y pipe and exhaust on his F-150.. I dont think I did bad...

Greg

Chats

My point exactly. You did good

cantab27 is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

good score id say...man it looks cold over there...
    keeping it red........

I DRIVE A BARBIE JEEP

Quote Originally Posted by XJ4IV
    .... lol Im a jerk tonight!
    Originally Posted by bigjim350 View Post
    Think I would go that crazy too if my Jeep turned white

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGg0C...eature=related

Chats

looks like with alittle loven it will be just fine. good luck. "nock on wood"
    01, Tera Flex 6" long arm kit, jks quick disco's,jks bar pin eliminators, Fox 2.0 shocks I won for 5 bucks, Tom woods Sye with rear drive shaft, Tera flex rear disc brakes, custom front bumper, customer rear bumper, rage roof rack. H4 head lights, k&n intake and cone, black steelies with 285x75x16 retreads, metal gas skid. Finally I have a nice jeep no more pos.
    .,=====o00
    //___l__,\____\,___
    l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
    _(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_

Chats

4.3XJ, I knew what you meant just wanted to post what I gave for it...

cantab, It was 38 degrees!!! It was a heat wave..lol..No kidding..its been around 22 until the first of this week. there was 24" of snow last week...

alwaysxj, We knocked on wood all night last night..It does need a little love..

Im hoping to get a chance to work on it in 2 weeks.I got to haul a truck to Mobile,Alabama and haul another back here. Then come home and finish painting a cobalt then back south to Daytona. Then stop in Tenn. to pick up a 67' truck cab.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by GT MOTORSPORTS View Post
    4.3XJ, I knew what you meant just wanted to post what I gave for it...
    Don't mind me, just my sense of humor

Chats

No problem here..Im usaully the one who has to explain my sense of humor...great minds think alike!

Greg

Chats

But of course they do.

Chats

looks like you have one hell of a "cheep Jeep" and I understand the cold it is currently 4 as I type this!
    =====_____
    /__l_l_,\____\,___
    l_---l_l__l---[o]llllll[o]
    _.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast