Page 780 of 781 FirstFirst ... 280680730755770778779780781 LastLast
Results 11,686 to 11,700 of 11708
    Chats

Default Re: What did you do to your Jeep today?

Replaced the fuel pump. Got creative with the filler neck hose since nobody sells one and welded my own j bolts for gas tank

Chats

Also, just ordered new driveshaft centering yoke for the 2000 that has not run in quite some time

Chats

Bought some of these trail mirrors a little over a week ago and they show up. Need to get mirrors since I opted to get them without mirrors. Ill get some pics but they are well crafted and come with nice hardware.
    https://www.theflopshopoffroad.com/c...nt=23634722305

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by TeXJ View Post
    :O

So did you go with an LS swap in the fox body?
    Of course not. I said I sold my XJ, not my balls.

TeXJ is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

^haha
    GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER

1997 AW4 sport, 4.0L, 33's

prerunner1982 is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Pulled the whole drivetrain from the 93.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20170905_150958.jpg  
    1993 2 door 4x4 4.0 5 speed
    1997 4 door 4x2 4.0 auto RIP 6/6/2016
    2000 4 door 4x2 4.0 auto

Day of Dirt Adventure

Chats

Finally got a chance to work on my XJ. I just didn't know it would be in a NTB parking lot. I was out picking up a couple tires for our work truck and I got the new tires loaded with the old ones and got ready to leave. Didn't want to get them mounted there so after a call to another place it shut off. No warning, hiccup, stumble, nothing. Just on then off. Tried to restart it and it would shutter but not run, finally did start but only ran rough for a second then shut off again. So I started troubleshooting. Of course my mind went to the cps, so I disconnected it and nothing. Spent four and a half hours going through what I could. Disconnect battery cables, reset computer, check tb, checked cap and rotor (of which I did find a crack in the cap I need to fix too now), checked plugs, pulled coil and tested, tried in neutral, jiggled shifter, disconnected cks, you get the point. Long day. Lots of researching sensor values and all. I did check the cps but can't say I am firm on the results. What is infinite resistance? My feeble brain can't seem to comprehend it. What will it show as on the multimeter? I read 0, 1, but mainly no one seems to put it into layman's terms.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170909_171108.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	1.95 MB 
ID:	10387

Long story a little shorter I ended up calling my brother who was working on his xj to come to my rescue and retrieve a new cps. He had to install his new trackbar and once he got there I searched for a place so he could get the cps but literally no one within 30 miles seemed to have one. I live in one of the most crowded places on earth and one of the most commonly needed parts for XJs is no where to be found! So I admitted defeat and i put up my tools. We only live a couple miles from there so we got the jeeps hooked together with two straps and got ready to leave.

Name:	P9096403.JPG 
Size:	2.83 MB 
ID:	10389

Of course you have to try one last time to start it and... it freaking cranked! Probably my literal 20th time but it was running like normal. So we threw the straps off and i hightailed it home. Fun stuff...

Also, i got hungry (you know how it is parking lot wrenching) but didn't want to leave the xj and tires so got a pizza and here's how they identified me.

Name:	20170909_180630.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	10388

Oh, and earlier in the day i met a guy to buy a spare tire off him. I've been looking for a decent spare for a decent price for over a year since i got my 33s and at 50 bucks i grabbed this km2 with 35-40% tread. A little rot in the tread but the sidewall is mint and the tread is pretty even.

Name:	P9120107.JPG 
Size:	2.61 MB 
ID:	10390

abebehrmann is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Of course you have to try one last time to start it and... it freaking cranked! Probably my literal 20th time but it was running like normal. So we threw the straps off and i hightailed it home. Fun stuff...

Also, i got hungry (you know how it is parking lot wrenching) but didn't want to leave the xj and tires so got a pizza and here's how they identified me.

Name:	20170909_180630.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	10388

Hahahahaha, I love the pizza description!

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by abebehrmann View Post
    Took a road trip up to St. Louis last weekend for a wedding. Thank god for the relatively mild weather, within the first hour of the trip my AC stopped blowing cold. Decided to check under the hood at our first gas stop and there was UV dye all over the passenger side of the engine compartment. It all worked out though, my dad is a mechanic so we were able to swap out the AC hose assembly and charge it up before the trip back. It was nice spending a Saturday morning in the shop with my dad again, it reminded me of when I was in middle school and every Saturday morning we'd wake up early and head to the shop to work on my old 1978 F150.
    Love the black grill. doing mine this weekend

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Pinkyman is online now Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

I brought my Xj home this weekend. It was living at my in-laws house while we were doing renovations, bt now that were living at our new home, its finally there.

Im going to clean out a spot in the shop tonight so it finally doesnt have to sit outside. Im so happy i finally have a place for my stuff!

prerunner1982 is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Since I have last posted I have pulled the drivetrain from the 97, separated the engines from their respective trans/tcase, and fixed some of the wiring harness that the rat who previously occupied the Jeep snacked on.
    1993 2 door 4x4 4.0 5 speed
    1997 4 door 4x2 4.0 auto RIP 6/6/2016
    2000 4 door 4x2 4.0 auto

Day of Dirt Adventure

Chats

I always wondered what flavor that wiring was. They sure seem to like it
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Dusterjack View Post
    Love the black grill. doing mine this weekend

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
    Been thinking about installing my black header panel and grill on my XJ.. But then I think it'll look better with the white header panel, and just the black grill and headlight surrounds... I'll try it once I get situated a bit, and get the job situation worked out..

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkyman View Post
    I brought my Xj home this weekend. It was living at my in-laws house while we were doing renovations, bt now that were living at our new home, its finally there.

Im going to clean out a spot in the shop tonight so it finally doesnt have to sit outside. Im so happy i finally have a place for my stuff!
    Can't wait until I have a place of my own, and a shop to work on my XJ... hell I'd be happy if I could just have a garage I could actually work on my stuff in.. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by 4.3LXJ View Post
    I always wondered what flavor that wiring was. They sure seem to like it
    I've always wondered this same thing... Need to try and keep remembering it.. so I can ask the maker when that day comes... LOL
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

denverd1 is online now Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

gave it a gander. pondered the things I need to do so I can move it to the house and install new transfer case linkage from A to Z? that's not it..... I'll post where I got it later...

edit: azzydesignworks linkage
    Last edited by denverd1; 1 Week Ago at 11:10 AM.
    Wheelin' East Texas in a RED XJ

RED 98 XJ with 4.5" lift, ZJ steering, front and rear locked on 33's
    Cobra CB, SYE, bumpers, 10K winch, lights
    ,___________
    //___l__,\____\,00_
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]|
    (o)_)--(o)_)--(o)_)

Chats

Drove it to the gym (as I usually do, I enjoy driving it more than the Ram most of the time [just wished I had the power the Ram had, in the XJ])... got the hey dummy you need gas light to come on as I was pulling into the neighborhood... Thought about how cold it's going to be yet again this year without having the headliner in, so once again thought about wanting to recover the headliner board (that I pulled out three years ago to recover)... I had plenty of time to do it this year, and for whatever reason, didn't get it done... and now it's getting into the too cold to get it done period....
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Page 780 of 781 FirstFirst ... 280680730755770778779780781 LastLast