Page 774 of 808 FirstFirst ... 274674724749764772773774775776784799 ... LastLast
Results 11,596 to 11,610 of 12110
    Chats

Default Re: What did you do to your Jeep today?

Quote Originally Posted by MattybPDX View Post
    I'm going to bring it to an alignment shop here in town. It's time to get definite answers instead of throwing money at it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Hope they're able to figure out what is going on... and that it hopefully won't cost much to get back running straight.. Look forward to hearing what they find, and what takes care of the issue(s)...
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by MattybPDX View Post
    Well I put the new arms on and the pos still pulls to the right really hard. I'm about down with it and ready to trade it in. So far I put on new arms, new stabilizer, track bar, tie rod, tie rod ends and nothing has solved this problem. There's no play in the wheel up and down or side to side to indicate a bad ball joint or wheel bearing. I don't know, I give up.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Check to make sure you don't have a brake caliper hanging up causing the pull if you haven't already. Alignment caster/camber sweep should tell all if not.

oderdene is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Friend bought a set of axles with 4.10 gear from former XJ owner. Rear is 8.25, but I've never seen this carrier. It seems 2 part carrier with open differential. PO said he removed 3 or so springs from rear to eliminate locking action, but there is no spring seat etc. Is it possible identify a carrier from picture?

Sent from my ASUS_Z00UD using Tapatalk
    '91 XJ Limited | 4.0 H.O. I6 | AW-4 | NP242J | D30 | C8.25 | BFG KM2 33x10.50x15 | front winch bumper ...

Chats

Not familiar with that one specifically Od. However....
    You will find a clutch pack when you split the halves there will be some clutches inside. If you could find those original parts you can tune it like we used to do the Dana Power Lock. Couldn't find anything on it
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

Chats

One other thought. The reason clutch type positracks chatter is improper lubrication. I don't know if you can get it in Mongolia, but there is a product called Power Punch. One for engines and one for differentials. I have used it for years and makes the posi nice and smooth.
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers

oderdene is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Quote Originally Posted by 4.3LXJ View Post
    Not familiar with that one specifically Od. However....
    You will find a clutch pack when you split the halves there will be some clutches inside. If you could find those original parts you can tune it like we used to do the Dana Power Lock. Couldn't find anything on it
    I found it, it is suregrip locker and it factory installed :-). 93 parts catalog have part numbers. PO has removed preload springs and plates, so it is look like open diff

Sent from my ASUS_Z00UD using Tapatalk
    '91 XJ Limited | 4.0 H.O. I6 | AW-4 | NP242J | D30 | C8.25 | BFG KM2 33x10.50x15 | front winch bumper ...

Chats

Well that does look like what I was finding on line.
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers

Chats

Saturday, Matt and I installed my new Durango Steering gear box to try and cure the death wobble. After install, I got it up to 70 and was starting to feel a little (NOT DW) shake in the steering wheel. Other than that, WOW that gear box made a difference in my steering! I didn't realize how bad my old box was! It's EASY to turn the wheels again!

Today, I decided to remove the VERY choppy duratracs for a set of 31" street tires off a Grand Cherokee. Did a circle around the neighborhood just to get a feel for the new altitude and tires. Felt different, but the real test is when I get it on the highway.

Hopefully the tires will be the fix. Next step will be ball joints if it's still present. Everything else in the steering is tight as a duck's butt
    Last edited by Brasscatz; 05-29-2017 at 09:50 PM.

Pinkyman is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

I found a new use for the winch yesterday..... The dogs found some mud on their walk, so it held them while i hosed them down lol

nickyg is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Alaskan dog team in the summer?
    One more part and I'll have a new Jeep

nickyg is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Brasscatz View Post
    Saturday, Matt and I installed my new Durango Steering gear box to try and cure the death wobble.
    What year and kind of Durango box did you use? Do you Have a part number?

I have thought about this swap for a long time but I read so many myths of which one to get. One for a snow plow? not one for snow plow? get this year not that year. buy one made on a Tuesday. and so on so on.
    One more part and I'll have a new Jeep

TeXJ is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Saturday, Matt and I installed my new Durango Steering gear box to try and cure the death wobble. After install, I got it up to 70 and was starting to feel a little (NOT DW) shake in the steering wheel. Other than that, WOW that gear box made a difference in my steering! I didn't realize how bad my old box was! It's EASY to turn the wheels again!

Today, I decided to remove the VERY choppy duratracs for a set of 31" street tires off a Grand Cherokee. Did a circle around the neighborhood just to get a feel for the new altitude and tires. Felt different, but the real test is when I get it on the highway.

Hopefully the tires will be the fix. Next step will be ball joints if it's still present. Everything else in the steering is tight as a duck's butt

Make sure you get an alignment. I had the shimmy issue for years, replaced parts, and finally got an alignment from a shop. I was doing the driveway alignment. After that my wobble went away.
    GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER

1997 AW4 sport, 4.0L, 33's

Chats

Got up to 65 and boom, death wobble. kept it at 55 and boom, death wobble.

Got back home, made sure everything is tight, and it most certainly is. I'm at a loss. I can't get anything in my steering to wiggle even a little.

After the second DW, I noticed a LOT of popping noises when I turn the wheel while driving. Looks like I have a lot of ironing out to do. Inspected ball joints, and seem fine. Possible that my upper control arm bushings are a bit worn out.

Quote Originally Posted by nickyg View Post
    What year and kind of Durango box did you use? Do you Have a part number?

I have thought about this swap for a long time but I read so many myths of which one to get. One for a snow plow? not one for snow plow? get this year not that year. buy one made on a Tuesday. and so on so on.
    I think it was a 99 w/o snow plow. 5.9 ltr Here's a link to the exact box I got (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) Direct bolt in.
    Last edited by Brasscatz; 05-30-2017 at 06:59 PM.

Chats

I installed a lock rite in my 8.8 yesterday. Thanks Jake for assisting, I hope you learnt how to install one in yours when the time comes.

Chats

I think it was a 99 w/o snow plow. 5.9 ltr Here's a link to the exact box I got (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) Direct bolt in.
    Yeah, I went to Napa, and asked for a 99 Durango 5.9L w/out the snow plow... of course he wanted to know all kinds of other information about the vehicle I needed the part for... but I told him what he needed to know to give me the part I wanted for my not 99 Durango.. lol
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Page 774 of 808 FirstFirst ... 274674724749764772773774775776784799 ... LastLast