Page 758 of 810 FirstFirst ... 258658708733748756757758759760768783808 ... LastLast
Results 11,356 to 11,370 of 12136
  1. #11356
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2
    Chats
    0

    Default What did you do to your Jeep today?




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by XjKingz; 01-18-2017 at 09:49 AM.

  2. #11357
    denverd1's Avatar
    denverd1 is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tyler, Texas
    Posts
    5,729
    Chats
    1261

    Default Re: What did you do to your Jeep today?

    Quote Originally Posted by 4.3LXJ View Post
    Hard to find a good counter person nowadays. All they know is a data base. Going through the same stuff with my D44 tie rod ends. Nobody knows what taper they are
    this. not too long ago a guy worked there that had a nova with a blown 468 in it. enjoyed catching up with him when I came in. he's been gone for 5 years at least. no more car guys working there.
    Wheelin' East Texas in a RED XJ

    RED 98 XJ with 4.5" lift, ZJ steering, front and rear locked on 33's
    cowl intake, Cobra CB, SYE, bumpers, 10K winch, lights
    ,___________
    //___l__,\____\,00_
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]|
    (o)_)--(o)_)--(o)_)

  3. #11358
    Pinkyman's Avatar
    Pinkyman is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Monticello, MN
    Posts
    1,376
    Chats
    71

    Default Re: What did you do to your Jeep today?

    Quote Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
    that looks fun!! love how wife documents pulling on your Jeep with her truck!!

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Yeah, she enjoys making me look like an ass when she can lol. Im thinking this may be a good excuse for lockers and more lift..... Its worth a try at least

  4. #11359
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Portland, Oregon.
    Posts
    774
    Chats
    0

    Default Re: What did you do to your Jeep today?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkyman View Post
    I took the Xj out last night, I wanted to see what she could handle.... I found her limit. Apparently bumper height snow is a no go with open diffs. Luckily my wife was around and used the F150 to haul me out lol.









    https://youtu.be/DFQwPtlGsUU
    We took ours put on the mountain and got stuck in an icy ditch. The radiator my wife didn't replace 8 years ago when the mechanic said it had a hole finally blew taking the head gasket with it.

    Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

  5. #11360
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Southeast texas
    Posts
    123
    Chats
    0

    Default Re: What did you do to your Jeep today?

    I installed the tuffy console insert I found on half off weekend at the jy. Thanks Jake for helping me line it up.

  6. #11361
    denverd1's Avatar
    denverd1 is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tyler, Texas
    Posts
    5,729
    Chats
    1261

    Default Re: What did you do to your Jeep today?


    Crunch time
    oops, dust cover off axis a bit


    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by denverd1; 01-19-2017 at 11:26 PM.
    Wheelin' East Texas in a RED XJ

    RED 98 XJ with 4.5" lift, ZJ steering, front and rear locked on 33's
    cowl intake, Cobra CB, SYE, bumpers, 10K winch, lights
    ,___________
    //___l__,\____\,00_
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]|
    (o)_)--(o)_)--(o)_)

  7. #11362
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    7,960
    Chats
    39048

    Default Re: What did you do to your Jeep today?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkyman View Post
    Yeah, she enjoys making me look like an ass when she can lol. Im thinking this may be a good excuse for lockers and more lift..... Its worth a try at least
    Sounds like a good plan to me... At least you can stop by IRO and get your upgrade parts far cheaper than I can... Heck I spend more in shipping costs than most people spend for a lift kit... lol.. XJ looks good... and I'm sure it is still more than capable in the snow... every vehicle has it's limits... AT least you can change those limits, with a little bit of work.... and open up all kinds of fun possibilities..
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

  8. #11363
    denverd1's Avatar
    denverd1 is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tyler, Texas
    Posts
    5,729
    Chats
    1261

    Default Re: What did you do to your Jeep today?

    Quote Originally Posted by MattybPDX View Post
    We took ours put on the mountain and got stuck in an icy ditch. The radiator my wife didn't replace 8 years ago when the mechanic said it had a hole finally blew taking the head gasket with it.

    Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    ouch. that got complicated quick!
    Wheelin' East Texas in a RED XJ

    RED 98 XJ with 4.5" lift, ZJ steering, front and rear locked on 33's
    cowl intake, Cobra CB, SYE, bumpers, 10K winch, lights
    ,___________
    //___l__,\____\,00_
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]|
    (o)_)--(o)_)--(o)_)

  9. #11364
    denverd1's Avatar
    denverd1 is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tyler, Texas
    Posts
    5,729
    Chats
    1261

    Default Re: What did you do to your Jeep today?


    well, I got it all together and left for Ft. Worth Friday night. stayed with a friend, then drove to Bridgeport early Saturday. Met up with the crew and got busy putting it to the test. We had 8 Jeeps IIRC, with 5 of us running the hard stuff.


    stopped for lunch

    Jeep impressed me once again. Having 2 lockers is just too damn fun. shot some vids, just gotta edit it all together. here's a quick one.
    https://youtu.be/25XDqOQ-voI

    of course, broke a few things. Tcase linkage went first, looks like I banged it on a rock. skids are moving up on the list.
    also nearly ripped my front bumper off winching myself over a big rock. made it up the toughest part of the trail and got lazy on the last obstacle. high centered on cross member, with front diff and control arm stuck. so much for the idiot I paid to do some welding on front stiffeners and bumper tie ins... I'll be calling him later today. And doing my own welding from now on.
    Last edited by denverd1; 01-24-2017 at 11:24 AM.
    Wheelin' East Texas in a RED XJ

    RED 98 XJ with 4.5" lift, ZJ steering, front and rear locked on 33's
    cowl intake, Cobra CB, SYE, bumpers, 10K winch, lights
    ,___________
    //___l__,\____\,00_
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]|
    (o)_)--(o)_)--(o)_)

  10. #11365
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Chico, CA
    Posts
    29,703
    Chats
    1838

    Default Re: What did you do to your Jeep today?

    I agree Denver, 2 lockers = 2 much fun
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

  11. #11366
    TeXJ's Avatar
    TeXJ is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Allen, TX
    Posts
    1,467
    Chats
    174

    Default Re: What did you do to your Jeep today?

    nice vid! Work has been crazy! But I am now being onboarded and so hopefully will be able to have some money and more importantly time to be able to do fun things and not have to study all the time.
    GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER

    1997 AW4 sport, 4.0L, 33's

  12. #11367
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    7,960
    Chats
    39048

    Default Re: What did you do to your Jeep today?

    Re-organized the pile of axle and re-gear stuff... so that I'll be able to have everything together to make sure I don't miss anything when I load it all up... Got all the stuff needed (ball joints, axle u-joints, hubs, Alloy USA tube seals) to rebuild both the front and rear axles, re-gear both, Solid diff covers for both axles along with lubelocker gaskets.. and diff fluid... only two things needed left to complete the axles will be the Lokkas... which should be here anytime now.. the plan is once I get into a job again, I'd like to oder up the rear disc conversion.. but for now, I got brand new brakes back there... so will be fine with the current brake setup for now.. Put my winch (which just came in today) and all the Factor 55 components for it's install together as well... so it'll all be together for loading up to take over to a friends place, to get his help to install it and a few more lights..
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

  13. #11368
    denverd1's Avatar
    denverd1 is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tyler, Texas
    Posts
    5,729
    Chats
    1261

    Default Re: What did you do to your Jeep today?

    Quote Originally Posted by bluedragon436 View Post
    Re-organized the pile of axle and re-gear stuff... so that I'll be able to have everything together to make sure I don't miss anything when I load it all up... Got all the stuff needed (ball joints, axle u-joints, hubs, Alloy USA tube seals) to rebuild both the front and rear axles, re-gear both, Solid diff covers for both axles along with lubelocker gaskets.. and diff fluid... only two things needed left to complete the axles will be the Lokkas... which should be here anytime now.. the plan is once I get into a job again, I'd like to oder up the rear disc conversion.. but for now, I got brand new brakes back there... so will be fine with the current brake setup for now.. Put my winch (which just came in today) and all the Factor 55 components for it's install together as well... so it'll all be together for loading up to take over to a friends place, to get his help to install it and a few more lights..
    dude, you gotta post a pic of your parts... area. Can't be in a pile, there's too many!
    Wheelin' East Texas in a RED XJ

    RED 98 XJ with 4.5" lift, ZJ steering, front and rear locked on 33's
    cowl intake, Cobra CB, SYE, bumpers, 10K winch, lights
    ,___________
    //___l__,\____\,00_
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]|
    (o)_)--(o)_)--(o)_)

  14. #11369
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    7,960
    Chats
    39048

    Default Re: What did you do to your Jeep today?

    Quote Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
    dude, you gotta post a pic of your parts... area. Can't be in a pile, there's too many!
    Luckily for me they're all still in the boxes they arrived to me in... Otherwise they'd be everywhere and I'd probably be missing something, or many somethings... So since they're all in boxes... my parts pile is not too awesome looking...
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

  15. #11370
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    S.E. Texas
    Posts
    29,251
    Chats
    1247

    Default Re: What did you do to your Jeep today?

    Quote Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post

    well, I got it all together and left for Ft. Worth Friday night. stayed with a friend, then drove to Bridgeport early Saturday. Met up with the crew and got busy putting it to the test. We had 8 Jeeps IIRC, with 5 of us running the hard stuff.


    stopped for lunch

    Jeep impressed me once again. Having 2 lockers is just too damn fun. shot some vids, just gotta edit it all together. here's a quick one.
    https://youtu.be/25XDqOQ-voI

    of course, broke a few things. Tcase linkage went first, looks like I banged it on a rock. skids are moving up on the list.
    also nearly ripped my front bumper off winching myself over a big rock. made it up the toughest part of the trail and got lazy on the last obstacle. high centered on cross member, with front diff and control arm stuck. so much for the idiot I paid to do some welding on front stiffeners and bumper tie ins... I'll be calling him later today. And doing my own welding from now on.
    That was fun to watch. Amazing what XJs can do, admittedly with a few parts...

    Sent via messenger pigeon. I talk, he types.

Page 758 of 810 FirstFirst ... 258658708733748756757758759760768783808 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What did you do to your NON Jeep today?
    By JeepFreak in forum General Talk
    Replies: 422
    Last Post: 09-07-2019, 10:59 PM
  2. What have you done to your Jeep today?
    By gthbryce in forum General Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-07-2011, 04:33 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •