Page 526 of 810 FirstFirst ... 26426476501516524525526527528536551576626 ... LastLast
Results 7,876 to 7,890 of 12136
    Chats

Default Re: What did you do to your jeep today?

Quote Originally Posted by NW99XJ View Post
    All of the above!

Congrats on the new acquisition!
    Lol, thanks Josh. You know as well as many others on here do that my wife has me on a monthly allowance for a jeep fund. That alone tells me that she has nothing in her mind other than me getting rid of this thing, or selling my xj because she won't let them both exist in my possession at the same time. She's out of town right now and when I texted her that we are now the proud owners of a YJ, her reply was "okie dokie then". I know you can't discern inflection in texts, but I know there was zero excitement in that text lol.

abebehrmann is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Brasscatz View Post
    Now it's a matter of deciding what to do with it. Sell as-is, spend a couple hundred bucks on a lift and such, or try to keep it lol.
    I think the safe thing would be to put as little money into it as possible and sell it for a nice profit. That way you could show your wife that buying more Jeeps is a GOOD thing.

The fun thing would be to keep em both and have a blast riding around topless with the wife.

If it were me and I already had a economical and reliable DD I would sell the XJ for more than I bought the YJ for and use the profits to build it up a bit. That way you can still show the wife that it wasn't a mistake AND you get the fun of cruising around in a Wrangler with no top.

Chats

Get it running right and let her drive it. She will be hooked. Then you will be like Tony and Timmy, you drive an XJ and she will drive the Wrangler
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by 4.3LXJ View Post
    Get it running right and let her drive it. She will be hooked. Then you will be like Tony and Timmy, you drive an XJ and she will drive the Wrangler
    I think Jim will have to relocate the seat his wife is short
    Trailer Queen Jeep Member (Hoping Bigjim350 will show me how to wheel since 2011)
    Now charging a shop fee!

Rocco83 is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Well I guess it is fair to say she wears the pants. I'd keep both, but that is just me. I'm completely envious of the way it looks in pictures. Up here it is RARE to see an older Wrangler that has a body that looks that nice.

If you do have to get rid of it, I'd just get it running good and flip it as is without dumping money in it. More you invest the more you'll want to keep it.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by msmoorenburg View Post
    Might not be a good idea to lift it too much then
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by abebehrmann View Post
    I think the safe thing would be to put as little money into it as possible and sell it for a nice profit. That way you could show your wife that buying more Jeeps is a GOOD thing.

The fun thing would be to keep em both and have a blast riding around topless with the wife.

If it were me and I already had a economical and reliable DD I would sell the XJ for more than I bought the YJ for and use the profits to build it up a bit. That way you can still show the wife that it wasn't a mistake AND you get the fun of cruising around in a Wrangler with no top.
    Yeah that would be awesome. I do have a good dd, but it's hard to even think about selling the xj.

Quote Originally Posted by 4.3LXJ View Post

Quote Originally Posted by msmoorenburg View Post

Lol Matt is right... she's 4'9"... I'd have to modify the seat and the steering column... as well as teach her to drive a standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco83 View Post
    Well I guess it is fair to say she wears the pants. I'd keep both, but that is just me. I'm completely envious of the way it looks in pictures. Up here it is RARE to see an older Wrangler that has a body that looks that nice.

If you do have to get rid of it, I'd just get it running good and flip it as is without dumping money in it. More you invest the more you'll want to keep it.
    I do wear the pants, but she tells me which to put on LOL. If momma ain't happy, nobody's happy. I already want to keep it though lol. IF I try to flip it I have to choose the right modifications to get the most profit.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

Chats

Now I need to see if I can convince her to let me keep it! This thing is fun! It's either that or make a decision whether or not to sell the xj....

Does this mean I need to join wranglertalk.com now?
    Hell yea, you got to talk her into letting you keep it and the XJ both!!... And yes you def need to join up @ WT!!! Heck I'm on there, and don't even have a Wrangler.... YET!! Looking at picking up a YJ myself when I get home from this deployment... Have a guy that I was deployed with last year, and again this year, and come to find out he has a YJ that he doesn't have the time or drive to take care of the few things it needs, mainly the brakes... so might have to help him out with that issue, and just add it to my driveway!!
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

denverd1 is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Not too shabby for 1500. The only way my wife let me buy it was to flip it...

Now I need to see if I can convince her to let me keep it! This thing is fun! It's either that or make a decision whether or not to sell the xj....

Does this mean I need to join wranglertalk.com now? Lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it
    put a big pink sticker on the door. problem solved

Edit: and a phone book on the seat
    sent from my Samsoon S5
    Last edited by denverd1; 06-25-2014 at 12:26 PM.
    Wheelin' East Texas in a RED XJ

RED 98 XJ with 4.5" lift, ZJ steering, front and rear locked on 33's
    cowl intake, Cobra CB, SYE, bumpers, 10K winch, lights
    ,___________
    //___l__,\____\,00_
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]|
    (o)_)--(o)_)--(o)_)

Chats

LOL alrighty. 1988 with a 4.2 Standard trans. 150k~ miles. I saw it on a Texas Jeep Parts page for 2500 and the guy had been trying to sell it for a while. It runs and drives but won't idle very well at all, plus it keeps popping out of 3rd and doesn't have a top. He had tons of calls on it, and numerous no-shows and tire kickers. He dropped his price to 2250 because he really needed the money. I asked him a few questions and talked to Matt about it. I offered the guy 1500 and he said if I'm serious about it, he'd take 1800. The wife agreed as long as I don't lose a single penny on the deal. I got the VIN and it came back crystal clear on the report too.

I showed up in the pouring rain and found a few things that weren't disclosed before hand. The rear driver's side corner had been hit, not bad, but crumpled a bit and had some rust. Easy enough fix really. The driver's floor pan is pretty rusted and needs to be replaced big time though.

Well, the jeep belonged to his father who just passed away and he doesn't have a job but has some court fees to pay (he's also in college). I knew his situation and didn't feel right offering him such a low offer and told him this and that he needs to take the 2800 offer from another guy. He appreciated it, but said that those are just offers that probably won't be followed through and he needed the money now and that he'd let me have it for 1500. After talking with Matt and figuring out the condition of the title, we made the deal.

I still feel guilty, but with the few issues it has and him insisting that deal was ok and that it would help him out immensely, I feel better about it. He thanked me so many times for helping him out. He was a really cool guy, he even offered to have his AAA membership tow it up to Matt's house free of charge.

We got it up there and checked it out and it seems one of the jets on the carb is clogged and that hopefully all it needs is a good cleaning and adjustment. We took it around Matt's subdivision a few times and MAN!!!!! Wranglers are FUN!!

Now it's a matter of deciding what to do with it. Sell as-is, spend a couple hundred bucks on a lift and such, or try to keep it lol.
    I have to agree, she may love it. Lots of women do from the groups i'm a member of.

But Jim, one thing to consider and one that has probably kept me away from wranglers a bit. They are much more expensive. There are none to get parts from in the yards. All the yards i've been to and not one ever had a wrangler. Some things are cheaper though, like bumpers. I have been thinking about flipping for a while and actually that have the reason i bought my bronco 2. If you can get a cheap 2-3" lift, some used 31-33s, clean it up, some corner guards for that damage, a light bar with some used lights if you can find a deal, and a few little touches will add up to a great re-sell. As you know wranglers typically sell well, and not cheap. And if you can make some parts that brings up the price but only costs the price of material... Like the light bar. But in my mind i don't see why you couldn't double or triple your money.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

Chats

Well, I was right. Got a big "NO" when I asked to keep both. I've got a lot of thinking to do. A lot of thinking.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by XJ Wheeler View Post
    I have to agree, she may love it. Lots of women do from the groups i'm a member of.

But Jim, one thing to consider and one that has probably kept me away from wranglers a bit. They are much more expensive. There are none to get parts from in the yards. All the yards i've been to and not one ever had a wrangler. Some things are cheaper though, like bumpers. I have been thinking about flipping for a while and actually that have the reason i bought my bronco 2. If you can get a cheap 2-3" lift, some used 31-33s, clean it up, some corner guards for that damage, a light bar with some used lights if you can find a deal, and a few little touches will add up to a great re-sell. As you know wranglers typically sell well, and not cheap. And if you can make some parts that brings up the price but only costs the price of material... Like the light bar. But in my mind i don't see why you couldn't double or triple your money.

Good points, Jake. Bumpers are definitely cheaper, which I don't understand why because there's more demand for wrangler stuff than XJ stuff. Being a yj and not having coils, the lifts are pretty cheap too. Heck, I could probably even bastard pack some s10 leafs and get 4" for way cheap.

Where I'm at now is having all the parts needed to lift my XJ higher, then possibly be able to sell it for 4500 or so. That's 3k profit off what I bought this yj for. I probably won't find another wrangler in this condition for 1500 again, yet cherokees are plentiful and regularly around 2k here in Houston.

I've put a lot of work into this xj and I love it. I regret selling the last car I loved and the other one I loved got stolen. But the potential to love this YJ the same or even better is still there.

I'll have to spend money on the YJ for tax title and registration/inspection to even get it in my name.

Geez, I don't know.

Chats

Well, I was right. Got a big "NO" when I asked to keep both. I've got a lot of thinking to do. A lot of thinking.
    Well, let me know if you plan on modifying and i'll keep an eye out for parts that you might want.

Chats

More chocolates,
    More flowers,

... and help with the dishes now & then ...

I hate watching simplicity and reliability being ruined by bureaucracy and technology.

Quote Originally Posted by MattybPDX
    If my jeep is going to be a grocery getter it's at least going to be a friggin awesome one.

denverd1 is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Good points, Jake. Bumpers are definitely cheaper, which I don't understand why because there's more demand for wrangler stuff than XJ stuff. Being a yj and not having coils, the lifts are pretty cheap too. Heck, I could probably even bastard pack some s10 leafs and get 4" for way cheap.

Where I'm at now is having all the parts needed to lift my XJ higher, then possibly be able to sell it for 4500 or so. That's 3k profit off what I bought this yj for. I probably won't find another wrangler in this condition for 1500 again, yet cherokees are plentiful and regularly around 2k here in Houston.

I've put a lot of work into this xj and I love it. I regret selling the last car I loved and the other one I loved got stolen. But the potential to love this YJ the same or even better is still there.

I'll have to spend money on the YJ for tax title and registration/inspection to even get it in my name.

Geez, I don't know.
    You're going to have to title it to your name anyway, unless you know a dealer who will transfer it for you.

I had a thought that may work, depending on how you position this deal. Every woman should know how to drive a standard. Agree to sell it. Then start teaching her how to drive a stick. Go wheeling together. She may end up liking it. Best I've come up with.
    Wheelin' East Texas in a RED XJ

RED 98 XJ with 4.5" lift, ZJ steering, front and rear locked on 33's
    cowl intake, Cobra CB, SYE, bumpers, 10K winch, lights
    ,___________
    //___l__,\____\,00_
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]|
    (o)_)--(o)_)--(o)_)

Page 526 of 810 FirstFirst ... 26426476501516524525526527528536551576626 ... LastLast