Page 299 of 805 FirstFirst ... 199249274289297298299300301309324349399799 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,485 of 12070
    Chats

Default Re: What did you do to your jeep today?

Changed out blower motor resistor, liftgate struts, and lubed up the rear hatch lock mech because it was only locking about half the time and was gritty and bone dry.

Failed at changing headlights and rear wiper blade, the projects that were supposed to be easy. Wiper was the wrong size and could not get two of the screws out on the headlight that's really dim. Soaked it in breakfree, hopefully I'll have better luck in a few days.

Also determined that I was going to wait on the windshield washer pump until I have replacement clips to hold the inner fender splash guard thing on, and figure I should probably replace the rear pump while I'm at it.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by 4.3LXJ View Post
    That looks like too much fun
    Yeah. I bought a case of purolator filters, and a bunch of 15w40 Rotella and Marvel Mystery Oil to start cleaning things up. Plan to do 3 1000mi oil changes with the Rotella and MMO, then pull the VC back off as well as drop the oil pan (it leaks anyways) and clean it out along with the oil pickup. Depending on how things look at that point I will make my decision. I can pick up a remanned head for less than 300 minus rockers so I may go that route if things dont clean up.

I would like to do a more aggresive oil change/motor flush but I'm afraid of clogging an oil passage, there was A LOT of crud on the head. I scrapped off everything I could and shop vac'd it up before replacing the VC. Otherwise it runs great, and has great oil pressure!
    1989 Cherokee Limited (DD)
    4.5" RC Lift, 32x11.50x15, some other goodies

Chats

I did that once and threw a rod out the side of the block. Take it easy
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by 4.3LXJ View Post
    I did that once and threw a rod out the side of the block. Take it easy
    Yeah I'm keepin an eye on it. I've seen my dad pour 4qt 30w oil, 1qt ATF and 1qt kerosene and run it 300-400 miles lol.

Chats

I wouldnt drive it like that, but it seems to be widely accepted...
    I would let it idle for like half an hour and watch the oil pressure like a hawk. Let it sit for a while, start it back up and let it get to op temp and then drain the "oil"

Got my 8.8 brake parts today. Need to buy leaf spring bushings, brake lines, and shocks then Ill be ready for lift.
    Gonna be running around with no rear shocks for a while after I get the 8.8 in, I want to redo the mounts so Ill have to measure after I get it bolted in. Im having a hard time finding shock mounts for 3.5" tube too...

Think Im gonna work on pulling my vac disconnect lines out tomorrow.
    Last edited by 89Laredo; 11-16-2012 at 10:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CherokeeCountry
    I can't cook though. Unless you count the few seconds where I allowed Dylan to saute...

Chats

Put on my brush guard from my old jeep to the new one.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353209589.557773.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	20.3 KB 
ID:	879

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353209610.817521.jpg 
Size:	21.1 KB 
ID:	880

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353209627.934692.jpg 
Size:	22.1 KB 
ID:	881
    Guess you could say the rebirth of The Hardcore Legend

Sent from my bulletproof iPhone using the Flapmyjaws app
    Shot of Whiskey and a camp fire. Perfect night time

Chats

I washed it, and I did a good job. I take a wash rag, wet but rung out. The I wipe down all the seal, seats, dash, and the metal edges of the door and body. I get all the dirt off. My jeep is parked in the garage for the night.

Tomorrow I will wax with a spray on wax and armorall the seals on the entire car, like the doors.

I also washed under the hood to clean it up, its been a while since I have done that.

I also sprayed some pb blast into all the door locks and then put the key in and went back and forth for a bit to move things around.

I also put some pb blast into the little end part of the hood pull system. The hood wasn't closing on one corner. PB blast fixed it right up.

On a side note. Since I'm proud of myself I wanted to say this. I have sent in 1400 dollars to pay off a credit card over the last 3 months. 89 dollars will pay off the final amount on Nov 25th. Then I will be back on the cash system. Then I will be paying off another credit card within two month and my camper will be paid for in 6 months. IT's nice to get this stuff paid off. Just wanted to brag a bit.

cantab27 is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

water-blaster inside and out....heaps quicker....
    keeping it red........

I DRIVE A BARBIE JEEP

Quote Originally Posted by XJ4IV
    .... lol Im a jerk tonight!
    Originally Posted by bigjim350 View Post
    Think I would go that crazy too if my Jeep turned white

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGg0C...eature=related

Chats

Always something. Pressure washed the engine bay today trying to get rid of all the crud and then had to replace the TPS. Instantly fried. DOH!

Chats

I disconnected the battery so the lights would not stay on as it served as a tool bench for putting the front drive shaft in my son's F150 and installing a Rough Country leveling lift today. New lifted coils made that '89 F150 look a LOT better, looks like a 4x4 now.

But my son looked at the XJ on 33's (his is on 31's) and asked "How much lift would I need, Dad, to run 35's".

Oh well, like father, like son.

I'll start pricing lifts....
    2003 WJ Daily Adventuremobile
    1985 MF 250 Tractor (Fixed!!!)
    1999 XJ (in pieces in the driveway)
    1991 Explorer (Cracked Heads)(Stock, for now )
    1989 F150 (In progress-Blown freeze plugs)
    2003 Explorer 1.5" body lift, F150 towhooks, rare OEM skidplates, 265/70-16 Cooper Discoverer AT3's
    1979 K20, (in pieces in the yard) 350, NP465, NP205, Custom Rust Patches
    1970 C30 (tires tore open by bushhog)

Chats

Ive been exceptionally lazy lately since its cold out now... Didnt do anything to the jeep this weekend but I just ordered some parts for it.
    Daystar KJ02027BK greasable leaf bushing kit
    and
    2013 JK Rubicon shocks, all 4 for 100 bucks shipped seller claims 20-50 miles on them. Theyre in MI too so theyll get here quick.

Sent my brother a message, hoping to get the jeep in his garage to do the lift on the 30th. All I have left to buy now is a rear brake line.
    Last edited by 89Laredo; 11-19-2012 at 02:22 AM.
    I can't cook though. Unless you count the few seconds where I allowed Dylan to saute...

Chats

New plugs, runs MUCH better!

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

Chats

I ned to do mine too.
    Think I'm going to do ngk this time instead of champion. Never ran right with the champions.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by 89Laredo View Post
    I ned to do mine too.
    Think I'm going to do ngk this time instead of champion. Never ran right with the champions.
    Mine had Champions in it, who knows how long ago they were changed, the PO didn't like to do maintenance

Advanced didn't have Champions so I went with Bosch copper cores, but after getting home I noticed they were not true copper cores, they had some yrittium something or another but the Jeep seems to like them so far! They were relatively cheap too @ 2.29/ea

Chats

Changed my headlights today. Was still unable to get one of the screws out, but I carefully bent the ring out enough to get the headlight out and the new one in. Much better, my driver side was incredibly dim.

Also replaced both windshield washer pumps. Got all the plastic inner fender clips out without breaking any, but I'd bought 3 spares just in case I did. The old pumps were pretty haggard and non functional, and I managed to push on of the rubber seals into the tank. It was tough to get it out, but I eventually got it out with a bent coat hanger style piece of wire. Had to dump a full tank of washer fluid, which kinda sucked.

Replaced the paper air filter with a Spectre K&N style. Was going to get a K&N, but the Spectre was half the price and I'm sure will work just a well. The paper filter wasn't even that bad, but oh well.

My windshield weatherstripping was pretty dry and curling up, so I coated it with silicon grease. Hopefully it will make it better, but I kind of see myself needing to replace it before too long. I don't want it to hold water in there and start rusting and leaking.

Page 299 of 805 FirstFirst ... 199249274289297298299300301309324349399799 ... LastLast