Page 291 of 808 FirstFirst ... 191241266281289290291292293301316341391791 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,365 of 12107
  1. #4351
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    142
    Chats
    0

    Default Re: What did you do to your jeep today?

    Quote Originally Posted by bigjim350 View Post
    Oh wow. There is something VERY wrong with those wheels. They seem to turn your jeep red
    Lol, funny that, check my avatar though....

    The white one will be going to the scrap yard soon, once it has donated all of its goodies....

    JJ
    Do it once, do it right....

    95 Xj Sport
    2" Old Man Emu / IRO lift
    IRO SYE
    Airflow Snorkel
    Full limited interior

  2. #4352
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    15,968
    Chats
    3154

    Default Re: What did you do to your jeep today?

    Quote Originally Posted by bigjim350 View Post
    Oh wow. There is something VERY wrong with those wheels. They seem to turn your jeep red
    Very wrong, yet sooooo right at the same time!!

  3. #4353
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    15,968
    Chats
    3154

    Default Re: What did you do to your jeep today?

    Ok, so here's a 2 parter.

    TODAY, I drained my coolant system and flushed it out with water because I only had straight water in there anyways, but it was starting to get rusty again. I then put the flush chemical in and I'll drive it for the week and flush it out next saturday and add actual antifreeze.

    YESTERDAY, was motor mount/oil change day.



    I cannot thank TimmyTXJ enough for coming over and helping me with this... I never would've been able to do it myself, for the couple hour job turned into a 7+ hour job. My motor mounts were trash, especially my driver's side mount. OH! A special shout-out to bigjim350 for his advice on the phone while he was at work




    We started on the passenger side mount and the problems we ran into started almost right away. With the jack and 2x4 under the oil pan, we simply could not raise the motor and maneuver it the way we needed to. My engine was pretty far off to begin with. We ended up having to support the transmission and remove the crossmember and trans mount as well as using a spare jack handle as a makeshift bottle jack up under the passenger side to raise the motor enough to get the mount situated properly. Passenger side done. (We actually did not end up having to remove the oil filter adapter to do this side)



    Now the driver's side appeared to be the easy side because there was far more clearance with the air box removed.... wrong. We ended up having to turn the transmission mount around the other way because when we put the mount in, my whole drive train was out of place. Once that was done and the crossmember back in place, we simply could NOT get the motor to move into place easily enough. So, with using an old mount as a fulcrum, we pried the motor up into what we thought was the perfect position, (the makeshift bottle jack wouldn't work on this side either).... Well, to make a very loooong story short, we noticed that the bushings on the new mount was hitting a small protrusion on the mounting bracket preventing the hole to line up perfectly to get the bolt through the bracket and mount. Bracket protrusion shown here:



    We went back and loosened the passenger side mount, tried prying the motor, EVERYTHING... My buddy Tim working hard as I rested my shoulder for a few (old "motorcycle" injury)



    We took a quick pizza break, which turned into a Jack in the Box break instead, and got back to it. We ended up having to trim the bushings by millimeters with my dremel to get the mount to fit past those ridges on the brackets.



    SUCCESS!!!! After 7+ hours of working on this thing, I couldn't be happier with the results. After Tim left, I put oil back in her and cleaned up. I went for a short test drive and my binding issue is gone!!! I do feel the vibrations more because of the stronger bushings, but I LOVE IT! I cannot express how happy I am with these mounts from ironman4x4fab.com, and the extraordinary assistance from Tim!



    With these new mounts, I can come to a stop without it binding and having to pop it into neutral. I can also drive over the curb of my driveway without issue!!!! I'm almost ready to go wheelin... now I need to get that lift and the zj tie rods on

  4. #4354
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    La Vergne Tennessee
    Posts
    127
    Chats
    12

    Default Re: What did you do to your jeep today?

    I installed a snorkel kit Did a write up and more pics
    http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=12269

    .,=====o000o
    //___l__,\____\,___
    l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
    _(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)

    88' XJ = BAMF

    1988 Jeep Cherokee Pioneer
    31" Rocky Mountains
    3 inch Rough Country lift
    Trimmed out Fenders
    Detours A-pillar mounts
    Snorkel
    Custom LED lighting
    4.0 HO
    AX-15 5 speed
    NP-231 Transfer Case
    Sun-Pro Gauges

  5. #4355
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Moore, SC
    Posts
    2,046
    Chats
    414

    Default Re: What did you do to your jeep today?

    Well, as it always seems with me and Jeeps, I started on one project, and ended up working on another. And that ended up in a run to the Pull-A-Part for various stuff.

    The power windows only work from the driver side master switch, so I dug into the passenger door to see what I could figure out. After finding out most of the plastic fasteners were already broke by the "yank until it gives" methods used by the former owner, I removed the screws on the inside and removed the panel, disconnecting the switch and lock handle. The door liner fell out, from where the PO installed the speakers and did not tape or glue anything back....

    I cleaned the inner panel and replaced the plastic fasteners with what I had.



    And I checked the switch, and installed a spare, but the windows would still only operate from the driver side. I think the driver side "Lock" for the power windows is not working, gonna have to break out the meter and trace it down. And scratch my head over the Haynes manual wiring diagrams.


    So I made a quick run to the Pull-A-Part and got a few more plastic fasteners, another driver side master switch, and various screws. And ran outta daylight.

    Oh well. I need to locate a source for the plastic fasteners, because I know I will be in these door panels a lot. And I need a good method for attaching the door liner between repairs....tape?
    2003 WJ Daily Adventuremobile
    1985 MF 250 Tractor (Fixed!!!)
    1999 XJ (in pieces in the driveway)
    1991 Explorer (Cracked Heads)(Stock, for now )
    1989 F150 (In progress-Blown freeze plugs)
    2003 Explorer 1.5" body lift, F150 towhooks, rare OEM skidplates, 265/70-16 Cooper Discoverer AT3's
    1979 K20, (in pieces in the yard) 350, NP465, NP205, Custom Rust Patches
    1970 C30 (tires tore open by bushhog)

  6. #4356
    cpttuna's Avatar
    cpttuna is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    napoleon ohio
    Posts
    1,351
    Chats
    0

    Default Re: What did you do to your jeep today?

    try the help section at Oreilly's

  7. #4357
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Moore, SC
    Posts
    2,046
    Chats
    414

    Default Re: What did you do to your jeep today?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpttuna View Post
    try the help section at Oreilly's
    Good idea, the guys at Advance tell me the corp. office is cutting back on "Help" stuff, but I keep finding things I need at O'reilly's (like clutch cover bolts) that nobody seems to have anymore. The local NAPA is gone too.
    2003 WJ Daily Adventuremobile
    1985 MF 250 Tractor (Fixed!!!)
    1999 XJ (in pieces in the driveway)
    1991 Explorer (Cracked Heads)(Stock, for now )
    1989 F150 (In progress-Blown freeze plugs)
    2003 Explorer 1.5" body lift, F150 towhooks, rare OEM skidplates, 265/70-16 Cooper Discoverer AT3's
    1979 K20, (in pieces in the yard) 350, NP465, NP205, Custom Rust Patches
    1970 C30 (tires tore open by bushhog)

  8. #4358
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Conroe
    Posts
    2,527
    Chats
    13382

    Default Re: What did you do to your jeep today?

    Game on

    Fuel line installed and the Jeep is back on the lift to finish up the long arm install
    Trailer Queen Jeep Member (Hoping Bigjim350 will show me how to wheel since 2011)
    Now charging a shop fee!

  9. #4359
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    5,210
    Chats
    3129

    Default Re: What did you do to your jeep today?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dredwolf View Post
    ........... And scratch my head over the Haynes manual wiring diagrams.

    Personally ... I'd be looking for a .PDF FSM for your year model.

    Good luck with the switches ... Ive been into mine about three times now ..


    Quote Originally Posted by Dredwolf View Post
    ............ Oh well. I need to locate a source for the plastic fasteners, because I know I will be in these door panels a lot. And I need a good method for attaching the door liner between repairs....tape?
    The fasteners must be reasonably common to a variety of vehicle brands/models ... I bought a bag of 100 fasteners from, a supplier to panel & paint shops, down here ...

    Was better value all up ... than buying the 10pc DIY packs from aussie version, NAPA/AutoZone style shops .... Im hoping it lasts me a while ...

    ,,, and Im gunna use sticky back velcro - on that white door liner - instead of the sikaflex/silastic goo, the factory used.




    Postie dropped off a new, trailer brake controller, and some other bits & pieces today ...
    Ssooooo ... it looks like Im wearing an auto leccies hat tomorrow ... instead of gardening gloves ..
    I hate watching simplicity and reliability being ruined by bureaucracy and technology.

    Quote Originally Posted by MattybPDX
    If my jeep is going to be a grocery getter it's at least going to be a friggin awesome one.

  10. #4360
    nickxj94's Avatar
    nickxj94 is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    1,250
    Chats
    1

    Default

    Went riding yesterday, broke my mirror off got some body damage, slid it over on a tree climbing a steep hill
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1351524143209.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	71.7 KB 
ID:	765
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1351524155669.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	84.4 KB 
ID:	766
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1351524167507.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	767
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1351524181117.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	768
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1351524195881.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	117.3 KB 
ID:	769
    Last edited by nickxj94; 10-29-2012 at 10:25 AM.
    --______......
    . /__| _ | _\ / / \,____.
    |/ \ \_ | _/_/ \|EIIIIIIEI
    '( o ))-=--) ( o ))--=--)).Just another GREEN XJ lifted on 33's

  11. #4361
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Moore, SC
    Posts
    2,046
    Chats
    414

    Default Re: What did you do to your jeep today?

    Quote Originally Posted by Carves View Post
    Personally ... I'd be looking for a .PDF FSM for your year model.

    Good luck with the switches ... Ive been into mine about three times now ..

    The fasteners must be reasonably common to a variety of vehicle brands/models ... I bought a bag of 100 fasteners from, a supplier to panel & paint shops, down here ...

    Was better value all up ... than buying the 10pc DIY packs from aussie version, NAPA/AutoZone style shops .... Im hoping it lasts me a while ...

    ,,, and Im gunna use sticky back velcro - on that white door liner - instead of the sikaflex/silastic goo, the factory used.
    I swapped the driver side master switch tonight, no joy...not having luck with factory owners manual, got to locate a FSM. Is there a fuse or breaker for the child window lock switch? I may try to bypass it if I can clearly read the diagrams.

    Good idea on the bulk buy of the fasteners, and the velcro makes sense, but all of my attempts with velcro end up with the adhesive giving up before the velcro.
    2003 WJ Daily Adventuremobile
    1985 MF 250 Tractor (Fixed!!!)
    1999 XJ (in pieces in the driveway)
    1991 Explorer (Cracked Heads)(Stock, for now )
    1989 F150 (In progress-Blown freeze plugs)
    2003 Explorer 1.5" body lift, F150 towhooks, rare OEM skidplates, 265/70-16 Cooper Discoverer AT3's
    1979 K20, (in pieces in the yard) 350, NP465, NP205, Custom Rust Patches
    1970 C30 (tires tore open by bushhog)

  12. #4362
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    15,968
    Chats
    3154

    Default Re: What did you do to your jeep today?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dredwolf View Post

    Good idea on the bulk buy of the fasteners, and the velcro makes sense, but all of my attempts with velcro end up with the adhesive giving up before the velcro.
    Super Glue does wonders on the back of velcro

  13. #4363
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Fresno, Ca
    Posts
    56
    Chats
    0

    Default Re: What did you do to your jeep today?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dakom View Post
    I installed a snorkel kit Did a write up and more pics
    http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=12269

    I love the fact you only cleaned enough area to get the job done

  14. #4364
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    142
    Chats
    0

    Default Re: What did you do to your jeep today?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brasscatz View Post
    Ok, so here's a 2 parter.

    TODAY, I drained my coolant system and flushed it out with water because I only had straight water in there anyways, but it was starting to get rusty again. I then put the flush chemical in and I'll drive it for the week and flush it out next saturday and add actual antifreeze.

    YESTERDAY, was motor mount/oil change day.



    I cannot thank TimmyTXJ enough for coming over and helping me with this... I never would've been able to do it myself, for the couple hour job turned into a 7+ hour job. My motor mounts were trash, especially my driver's side mount. OH! A special shout-out to bigjim350 for his advice on the phone while he was at work




    We started on the passenger side mount and the problems we ran into started almost right away. With the jack and 2x4 under the oil pan, we simply could not raise the motor and maneuver it the way we needed to. My engine was pretty far off to begin with. We ended up having to support the transmission and remove the crossmember and trans mount as well as using a spare jack handle as a makeshift bottle jack up under the passenger side to raise the motor enough to get the mount situated properly. Passenger side done. (We actually did not end up having to remove the oil filter adapter to do this side)



    Now the driver's side appeared to be the easy side because there was far more clearance with the air box removed.... wrong. We ended up having to turn the transmission mount around the other way because when we put the mount in, my whole drive train was out of place. Once that was done and the crossmember back in place, we simply could NOT get the motor to move into place easily enough. So, with using an old mount as a fulcrum, we pried the motor up into what we thought was the perfect position, (the makeshift bottle jack wouldn't work on this side either).... Well, to make a very loooong story short, we noticed that the bushings on the new mount was hitting a small protrusion on the mounting bracket preventing the hole to line up perfectly to get the bolt through the bracket and mount. Bracket protrusion shown here:



    We went back and loosened the passenger side mount, tried prying the motor, EVERYTHING... My buddy Tim working hard as I rested my shoulder for a few (old "motorcycle" injury)



    We took a quick pizza break, which turned into a Jack in the Box break instead, and got back to it. We ended up having to trim the bushings by millimeters with my dremel to get the mount to fit past those ridges on the brackets.



    SUCCESS!!!! After 7+ hours of working on this thing, I couldn't be happier with the results. After Tim left, I put oil back in her and cleaned up. I went for a short test drive and my binding issue is gone!!! I do feel the vibrations more because of the stronger bushings, but I LOVE IT! I cannot express how happy I am with these mounts from ironman4x4fab.com, and the extraordinary assistance from Tim!



    With these new mounts, I can come to a stop without it binding and having to pop it into neutral. I can also drive over the curb of my driveway without issue!!!! I'm almost ready to go wheelin... now I need to get that lift and the zj tie rods on
    How do you find the vibration and noise transmission into the vehicle with these mounts fitted?

    JJ
    Do it once, do it right....

    95 Xj Sport
    2" Old Man Emu / IRO lift
    IRO SYE
    Airflow Snorkel
    Full limited interior

  15. #4365
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Katy, Texas
    Posts
    27,270
    Chats
    30792

    Default Re: What did you do to your jeep today?

    Parked next to an H3 to make them feel bad.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20121029_095959.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	2.66 MB 
ID:	770

Page 291 of 808 FirstFirst ... 191241266281289290291292293301316341391791 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What did you do to your NON Jeep today?
    By JeepFreak in forum General Talk
    Replies: 418
    Last Post: 08-28-2017, 08:59 AM
  2. What have you done to your Jeep today?
    By gthbryce in forum General Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-07-2011, 03:33 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •