Page 2 of 781 FirstFirst 1234122752102502 ... LastLast
    Chats

Default Re: What did you do to your jeep today?

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysxj View Post
    oh you poor babies i wish it was 40 here i would be in shorts and short sleeve shirt.
    for sure I agree with that 40 would be kick ***
    =====_____
    /__l_l_,\____\,___
    l_---l_l__l---[o]llllll[o]
    _.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)

Chats

It's 42 right now here in Heppner and it's almost 5pm, I'm diggin it

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by flippedXJ View Post
    well I went throught the junkyard (mind you its like 20 here) and found another computer came home and hooked it up and the trail beast came to life and smoked out the neighborhood!!!
    Excellent!

cpttuna is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

I just completed installing my 4th headlight wiring harness. this one was on my son's 92. I also upgraded the battery cables. when I went to start it, nada. The problem turned out to be the starter, So I got a little practice in replacing a starter.

XJ4IV Guest

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysxj View Post
    i hope when you said it is too cold to work on the jeep was a example? you are in texas it is probably like 60 right now try coming to utah and do anything out side on the jeep right now. it is like -2 right now and that is warm.
    it was 18 degrees where I live but still when it's -2 you dont wanna work on the jeep do ya?
    anyhow today I had the wifey ask if she could take the coveted XJ to work cause of the snow an whopping 4 inches and I will say its dangerous for texans to drive in the snow cause TX DOT doesnt take the neccesary measures to ensure safety on the roads for motorists like sanding in a timely manner they wait til the snow is THERE THEN they hit the roads...idiots anyhow I opted to get my butt out of bed and drive her myself as I wanted a day to play in the snow before we move to houston where they dont get snow but once every few years.
    Ill post pics of the snow and my jeep later.

XJ4IV Guest

FYI just cause your area has lots of snow doesnt mean its always SOO much colder
    I lived in tahoe area for years but It STILL gets colder here before snow sticks I guess it has to do with the lattitude cause tahoe is closer to the beach than dallas is by about two hours
    AND also TRUST me I have seen cold try going through basic training in new jersey during a blizzard we had wind chills at 40 below... that means I was able to SPIT and it froze and bounced on the ground...

XJ4IV Guest

just a question for you alwaysXJ what do you deem as HOT in the summer heat, you ever seen this on your overhead console

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by XJ4IV View Post
    just a question for you alwaysXJ what do you deem as HOT in the summer heat, you ever seen this on your overhead console
    i live near houston about 30 miles north and we see that and hotter all summer long ive seen 150 on them

XJ4IV Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rguignard View Post
    i live near houston about 30 miles north and we see that and hotter all summer long ive seen 150 on them
    I lived in houston and never got that hot matter of fact Im moving there next week. I have come to realize you cannot trust XJ thermometers cause they always read hot mine was registering 50 degrees this morning when I took this picture

Chats

It hasn't been over 120 degrees in Houston since the meteor struck in the Gulf of Mexico 65 million years ago.

That's a phony car temp reading. I'm sure the thermometer thought it was 122.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by XJ4IV View Post
    I lived in houston and never got that hot matter of fact Im moving there next week. I have come to realize you cannot trust XJ thermometers cause they always read hot mine was registering 50 degrees this morning when I took this picture
    nope not 50 it was my 06 dodge that was the thermometer that i was talking about but its still not that right. when you get here all of us from the houston area need to go get the jeep dirty some time

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Mudderoy View Post
    It hasn't been over 120 degrees in Houston since the meteor struck in the Gulf of Mexico 65 million years ago.

in the car it does

Chats

I've noticed on my thermometer that if I am traveling at highway speeds it shows the correct temp, but just sitting there at an idle it will climb, and yes in the summer sitting at an idle I have seen mine reach 122 when its really only around 95-100 outside.

I have also seen mine reach -29

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa View Post
    I've noticed on my thermometer that if I am traveling at highway speeds it shows the correct temp, but just sitting there at an idle it will climb, and yes in the summer sitting at an idle I have seen mine reach 122 when its really only around 95-100 outside.

I have also seen mine reach -29
    nope no -29 here

XJ4IV Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mudderoy View Post

no THAT specific pic was taken this past summer in death valley california... I can attest that was the true heat of the day, street surface temperature registered at 167 degrees... melted tar and asphalt stuck to our rockers for weeks eventually had to use goo gone to remove it all.

Page 2 of 781 FirstFirst 1234122752102502 ... LastLast