Page 793 of 796 FirstFirst ... 293693743768783791792793794795 ... LastLast
Results 11,881 to 11,895 of 11930
    Chats

Default Re: What did you do to your Jeep today?

no you have to make a trackbar... but it lets you get your angles close

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by 4.3LXJ View Post
    Not sure on that one. He wants to rebuild the 4 banger that was in it, I want to put a turbocharged Subaru in it Or we have a good 2.8L that could be shoe horned in
    As the now owner of a turbo charged Subaru.. I'd definitely say go with that option... Have some awesome power, not to mention great support for parts for any further upgrading... and that sweet boxer engine sound!!
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by bluedragon436 View Post
    As the now owner of a turbo charged Subaru.. I'd definitely say go with that option... Have some awesome power, not to mention great support for parts for any further upgrading... and that sweet boxer engine sound!!
    If you have the 2.5L, that engine comes normally at 260 hp. However Subaru rates them with a potential of 320 hp. Put a 1 atmosphere waste gate on it and get that for about 100. Cheapest horsepower out there
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

Chats

Noticed the XJs a/c was not blowing as cold the last couple weeks and last Sunday it stopped cooling so I figured I'd charge it. Of course ANYTHING I work on has to have its additional problems. So I fight with the king valve for an hour before giving up because the little square end is almost perfectly round by now. Time for more tools! Next day I go buy a 10" pipe wrench and another, flatter mouth set of visegrips. Turns out I chose wisely because the pipe wrench got it loose in 3.7 seconds and the visegrips cinched it down nicely. So, to bring this rather pointless story to an end I'd like to thank the engineers at Jeep for being so intellegent and gracious by putting the low pressure king valve on the bottom of the rear of the compressor with the shaft pointing toward the cylinder head...

Chats

Not sure why they ever used king valves in the first place. Tradition I guess
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers

Chats

Right! I think they just ran it like that for 3 years too, with them on the back anyway.

Chats

Changed the head, the oil, the radiator, and flushed the coolant out of the block and heater core, added new antifreeze. No more misfire and seems to not be overheating anymore haven't pushed it to hard though.
    Project Hum Wee
    Project TJ Resurrection
    Project Little Brother

Chats

That is good to hear
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers

Chats

Parked it, until I have time to figure out what is going on in the front axle, or rather with the front axle. It seems anytime I make a right turn now I end up with almost like a binding then a pop sound... I think it would seem that my TC is sort of still slightly in 4WD if that's possible, and with the Lokka in the front, it is causing the front axle to be "driving" and locks up what I think is my right side U-joint, but might be my left... I only think this is what is going on, due to my front tires are wearing far faster than they should, and far faster than they used to prior to me having the Lokka put in. I mean when I first had it all installed it worked great, and had no issues, I mean heck I drove it all the way down to NC no issues, no noises... and lately it seems as if this has started getting worse...
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Chats

From past experience with my son's xj we had a spartan locker in the front. It did the exact same thing. "Lunch box lockers" don't work well in the front axle for DD. You need a select able locker in the front to keep this from happening.
    91 Cherokee RC 4.5 long arm lift ECTED locker in the front Lock Rite locker in the rear Warn front and rear bumpers with 8000lb Warn winch sliders Skyjacker shocks and disconects exterior paint orange/black Rinoline. Roof rack with KC lights. SADLY GONE BUT WON'T BE FORGETEN But hay there is still a XJ in the family

97 TJ 6" Super Lift lift 2" body lift 37x13.5 tires front and rear OX lockers full roll cage custom made f/r bumpers and sliders made by AAE Customs 8000# Ramsey winch with Kevlar rope and a sound system that can make you ears bleed

oderdene is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Replaced front brake calipers rotors and brake pads. Feeling smooth ride without drag and pull, but pedal is lil spongy.Brake start working around half past of pedal travel. Did a lots of bleeding, from longest to shortest, I mean passenger side rear, driver side rear then front right and left. Are there any way to bleed master cylinder on the vehicle? Long ago I installed wj brake booster with master cylinder without bench bleeding.
    '91 XJ Limited | 4.0 H.O. I6 | AW-4 | NP242J | D30 | C8.25 | BFG KM2 33x10.50x15 | front winch bumper ...

Chats

Happy independence day Od, a little late. I was going to remember that but slipped my mind. The best way to bleed a master cylinder I have found is to take a front brake caliper off and pump it up. Then push the cylinder back in with the hose attachment on the up side. This moves enough fluid to take the air with it. Doing it with all one motion is best. C clamp or disc brake tool is best
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers

Chats

I bought a battery and drove my grand cherokee I've had for a month for the first time today. Never even test drove the thing.
    Project Hum Wee
    Project TJ Resurrection
    Project Little Brother

oderdene is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Happy independence day Od, a little late. I was going to remember that but slipped my mind. The best way to bleed a master cylinder I have found is to take a front brake caliper off and pump it up. Then push the cylinder back in with the hose attachment on the up side. This moves enough fluid to take the air with it. Doing it with all one motion is best. C clamp or disc brake tool is best

Thanks a lot bro, will do this this weekend
    '91 XJ Limited | 4.0 H.O. I6 | AW-4 | NP242J | D30 | C8.25 | BFG KM2 33x10.50x15 | front winch bumper ...

Chats

If you have the 2.5L, that engine comes normally at 260 hp. However Subaru rates them with a potential of 320 hp. Put a 1 atmosphere waste gate on it and get that for about 100. Cheapest horsepower out there
    Not real sure how I missed this reply... I wish I had the 2.5L, especially cause it has the nice boxer rumble when you put an exhaust on it... I have the slightly better on gas mileage (depending on how you handle the skinny pedal)... and has even exhaust manifold, so it unfortunately doesn't have the nice rumble... but is still a blast so far, and will be even better wiht a little bit of massaging...

Page 793 of 796 FirstFirst ... 293693743768783791792793794795 ... LastLast