Page 808 of 808 FirstFirst ... 308708758783798806807808
Results 12,106 to 12,119 of 12119
    Chats

Default Re: What did you do to your Jeep today?

Replaced all the steering linkage plus a Monroe steering damper that had less than 15k miles on it but was leaking all over and had a dead spot, used a Drag link from a 30,000 mile TJ but the guy who gave me the linkage bashed the still good TREs out with a hammer so the threads were all mushroomed and deformed on the tie rod.

So since I needed the rod ends same day and NAPA was closed I bit the bullet and went to Autozone which had one Duralast Gold TRE but not the other side so I went to Orileys and got their only avaliable one for the other side which was their house brand. We'll see how long they last. The steering damper I had picked up already before starting the job and just grabbed it from Napa.
    1995 XJ / 4.0L / AW4 / D30 w/No-Slip Locker / C8.25 / UPCOUNTRY spec suspension / 235/75R15

denverd1 is online now Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Quote Originally Posted by downsy View Post
    Replaced all the steering linkage plus a Monroe steering damper that had less than 15k miles on it but was leaking all over and had a dead spot, used a Drag link from a 30,000 mile TJ but the guy who gave me the linkage bashed the still good TREs out with a hammer so the threads were all mushroomed and deformed on the tie rod.

So since I needed the rod ends same day and NAPA was closed I bit the bullet and went to Autozone which had one Duralast Gold TRE but not the other side so I went to Orileys and got their only avaliable one for the other side which was their house brand. We'll see how long they last. The steering damper I had picked up already before starting the job and just grabbed it from Napa.
    always fun trying to get the right TRE!
    Wheelin' East Texas in a RED XJ

RED 98 XJ with 4.5" lift, ZJ steering, front and rear locked on 33's
    cowl intake, Cobra CB, SYE, bumpers, 10K winch, lights
    ,___________
    //___l__,\____\,00_
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]|
    (o)_)--(o)_)--(o)_)

Chats

Dropped in a salvaged efan from a 2000 into my 95, the one in my 95 had a broken frame. Replaced the old pin style front wiper arms with 97+ j hook style wiper arms and replaced all 3 wipers at the same time. Also went ahead and adjusted my driver's side door pin in just a hair so the door would fully seal in the rear.

1995 XJ / 4.0L / AW4 / D30 w/No-Slip Locker / C8.25 / UPCOUNTRY spec suspension / 235/75R15

oderdene is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

rear disc brake conversion is done, donor was ZJ and feels much better braking. MC and brake booster previously upgraded with WJ ones. and replaced leaky steering gear pinion shaft seals.
    '91 XJ Limited | 4.0 H.O. I6 | AW-4 | NP242J | D30 | C8.25 | BFG KM2 33x10.50x15 | front winch bumper ...

Chats

Good job Od. Our XJs shoiuld have come from the factory with rear discs
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by oderdene View Post
    rear disc brake conversion is done, donor was ZJ and feels much better braking. MC and brake booster previously upgraded with WJ ones. and replaced leaky steering gear pinion shaft seals.
    I can't wait to complete a read disc conversion... whether it be a ZJ conversion or a full new parts kit... Also wouldn't mind doing the larger front discs from a WJ..
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Chats

Ordered and received Genuine Mopar Harness Assembly - Vacuum MAP & CCV To intake 53030726 from eBay

Replaced and hoping to stabilize/improve my rough idle, improve gas mileage. Just after replacement, smoke smells much better, I guess there were not so much unburnt(?) gasoline.
    '91 XJ Limited | 4.0 H.O. I6 | AW-4 | NP242J | D30 | C8.25 | BFG KM2 33x10.50x15 | front winch bumper ...

Chats

It ought to at least idle better Od
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by 4.3LXJ View Post
    It ought to at least idle better Od
    no change of idling at all, after installing of new vacum tubes PCV MAP .

Had an issue with blower motor since last winter. 25A fuse, thermal fuse and longest resistor of blower resistor frequently blown. After that I rewired relay and switch directly to blower motor, blowing high speed only.

replaced everything related to blower, blower motor, blower resistor, blower speed switch and mode selector etc, still got fuse blown. in weekend, checked all components by replacing them one by one and later wiggling wires, found that, a green wire at blower resistor short somewhere behind dash panel/glove box. Have to remove dash and check all wires, but it will took whole day, based on youtube videos. Are there any easy way to reveal those wires without removing dash panel?

Chats

I have never found the design for the blower circuit to be satisfactory. Draws too much power for the resistor and blows fuses, burns up switches and connections. I would be happier with something else, like a real three speed motor instead of resistors
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers

Chats

Pulled my old xj driver's seat down From the attic and swapped the old passenger seat base foam into it for temporary reinstallation so i can pull my WJ seat out of the XJ to have it refoamed at the local upholstery place.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Pookapotamus is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Od, you might have a bad injector, factory only have one hole and if they get dirty they spray funny or poorly. Cheep to toss a bottle of injector cleaner in and see if it helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by oderdene View Post
    no change of idling at all, after installing of new vacum tubes PCV MAP . Had an issue with blower motor since last winter. 25A fuse, thermal fuse and longest resistor of blower resistor frequently blown. After that I rewired relay and switch directly to blower motor, blowing high speed only. replaced everything related to blower, blower motor, blower resistor, blower speed switch and mode selector etc, still got fuse blown. in weekend, checked all components by replacing them one by one and later wiggling wires, found that, a green wire at blower resistor short somewhere behind dash panel/glove box. Have to remove dash and check all wires, but it will took whole day, based on youtube videos. Are there any easy way to reveal those wires without removing dash panel?
    Partially dismantled dash panel and revealed those wires from blower motor resistor to climate control. Both green wire insulation damaged and one was definitely shorted in place of insulation damage. Used a shrink tube and insulation tape, problem solved. No more blown fuse, now we have a 4 speed blower

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Pookapotamus View Post
    Od, you might have a bad injector, factory only have one hole and if they get dirty they spray funny or poorly. Cheep to toss a bottle of injector cleaner in and see if it helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks bro, will add some injector cleaner and see.

in 2011, oem injectors were replaced by 4 hole injectors Bosch 280150943. wish I have a seafoam here

having a plan to make a diy smoke generator and find a vacuum leak, if there any. on off trick gave OBD 51 code always. A long ago, there was a snake in my fuel tank and hissing when engine is running. Last 3 or 4 years I didn't heard hissing and XJ's appetite increased a lot

Page 808 of 808 FirstFirst ... 308708758783798806807808