Page 788 of 797 FirstFirst ... 288688738763778786787788789790 ... LastLast
Results 11,806 to 11,820 of 11947
    abebehrmann is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Default Re: What did you do to your Jeep today?

Welders Warehouse in Dallas. It was 42 to exchange my empty 80 cf for a full one. Never had them say anything at Airgas even though they also have a sign up that says they won't load into an enclosed vehicle, but Airgas by me didn't have any 80cf cylinders to exchange and I'd rather give my business to a locally owned business anyway.

Chats

I'm about to go buy a tank how long does an 80 last you and what psi do you run
    91 aw4 Dana 30 and 8.8 with 4.56s, 6in rough country long arm kit, hd offroad shackle relocation, 33s, Va fan full width front bumper, brown dog poly motor mount to go with a fresh long block.

abebehrmann is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

My first one lasted a little over a month, but my resolution for March was to TIG weld every single day for at least a half an hour, if not more, and I accidentally had the post-flow turned up way too high for the first few weeks so I was wasting a ton of argon until I noticed. I'd estimate that an 80cf will last me around 3 months with normal use. I have a flow-meter, not a regulator, so I'm not sure about PSI but I'm running 20cfh with a standard #7 cup.

At least in my area, I found that cyberweld dot com was a lot cheaper to buy the cylinder from than any of the welding supply stores I called. Got a full 80cf from them for 240 with free shipping. The UPS guy seemed pretty pissed lugging that heavy ass box up to my door though, lol.

Chats

Rofl, I love it! Nice job Abe! I know it's an annoyance but to be honest it's for the best. You definitely don't want a leak inside and something set it off. Like leaving a soda can in the freezer too long...

Chats

I finally got the new msd coil installed and put the jy demon coil back in my spares. I still have the cap and rotor to do but that's small stuff so it'll be quickly done.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P3050899-1.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	202.4 KB 
ID:	14444

Name:	P3050906.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	149.2 KB 
ID:	14442

Name:	P3050928-1.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	258.5 KB 
ID:	14443

TeXJ is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Quote Originally Posted by XJ Wheeler View Post
    I finally got the new msd coil installed and put the jy demon coil back in my spares. I still have the cap and rotor to do but that's small stuff so it'll be quickly done.
    links to cap, rotor, plug wires, and coil? I found the MSD coil but summit was sayin it wouldn't fit my 97...weird
    GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER

1997 AW4 sport, 4.0L, 33's

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by TeXJ View Post
    links to cap, rotor, plug wires, and coil? I found the MSD coil but summit was sayin it wouldn't fit my 97...weird
    Not sure why but I guess with a big site like that there's bound to be oversights. Thsee same coils are used on jeep 4, 6, and 8 cylinders, as well as dodge trucks, etc.

This is the ignition kit I'm running. http://performancedistributors.com/product/jeep/

I've had it for about 8 years now and I just had to replace the coil and in my recent troubleshooting I found a small crack in the cap. So I decided to try the msd coil, plus it's cheaper than the Screamin demon part. You can also piece together the wires, cap, and rotor on that site I linked if you want to do the msd coil as well. The coil is msd pn8228 so I'd just search for the best price.

Chats

Got her registered again after months of not driving it... and been driving it as much as I can...
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

TeXJ is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Quote Originally Posted by XJ Wheeler View Post
    Not sure why but I guess with a big site like that there's bound to be oversights. Thsee same coils are used on jeep 4, 6, and 8 cylinders, as well as dodge trucks, etc.

This is the ignition kit I'm running. http://performancedistributors.com/product/jeep/

I've had it for about 8 years now and I just had to replace the coil and in my recent troubleshooting I found a small crack in the cap. So I decided to try the msd coil, plus it's cheaper than the Screamin demon part. You can also piece together the wires, cap, and rotor on that site I linked if you want to do the msd coil as well. The coil is msd pn8228 so I'd just search for the best price.

Thanks for the info!
    GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER

1997 AW4 sport, 4.0L, 33's

denverd1 is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Rear bumpstops, rear extended brake line.
    Got front exhaust pipe ready to replace. Oreillys didn't order like they said they did.

Got a hood/fender mount for cb antenna but not sure where I'm gonna put it. It's supposed to mount between the two but may put it somewhere else.

oderdene is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

replaced air & fuel filter, MAP sensor, intake air temperature sensor, spark plug wires, distributor cap and rotor
    '91 XJ Limited | 4.0 H.O. I6 | AW-4 | NP242J | D30 | C8.25 | BFG KM2 33x10.50x15 | front winch bumper ...

Chats

Running better Od?
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

oderdene is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

idling better, power is almost same, smoke smell remains same, will see mpg soon ;-)

have a spongy brake issue, will inspect brakes on weekend , maybe dragging
    '91 XJ Limited | 4.0 H.O. I6 | AW-4 | NP242J | D30 | C8.25 | BFG KM2 33x10.50x15 | front winch bumper ...

Chats

Priced the replacement of my shattered rear hatch glass, that has been needing to be done for over a year now... I just replaced the hatch right after it happened with one from the JY, just to seal everything up until I could get the original hatch glass replaced... I'm going to call them and see if I can get them to swap the good glass out of the JY hatch, and into my original hatch, and just replace the seal.. Hopefully they will, and that'll hopefully save me some money. because I definitely don't have the cheddar they want for the new window... and would really like to one get the proper hatch on so it'll be correct color again, and also because the current hatch doesn't latch correctly, nor does it have matching locks or the power lock actuator..
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

denverd1 is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

what a weekend. drove to Hidden Falls (NW of Austin) for a NAXJA Red River chapter annual event. Lost crank sensor on Friday, put new one in Saturday morning. Blew water pump on first trail we hit after CPS. new water pump installed saturday afternoon, new coolant about 5:30pm on wet RTV gasket and hit some easy stuff. Finally found some guys who knew how to wheel AND knew their way around the park Saturday night, they agree to stay a few hours Sunday morning and show us around. Alternator s the bed on 5-rated trail Loose Rock at 9am as Jeep is kicking ass going up the climb. borrowed a battery and got it back to camp and put it on the trailer. was silly fun and can't wait to do it all again.

Made some new friends and hung out with some already great friends who kept me out of the pit of despair as we wrenched on it. Jeep life is good.
    Last edited by denverd1; 04-30-2018 at 11:31 AM.
    Wheelin' East Texas in a RED XJ

RED 98 XJ with 4.5" lift, ZJ steering, front and rear locked on 33's
    cowl intake, Cobra CB, SYE, bumpers, 10K winch, lights
    ,___________
    //___l__,\____\,00_
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]|
    (o)_)--(o)_)--(o)_)

Page 788 of 797 FirstFirst ... 288688738763778786787788789790 ... LastLast