Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Chats

Default Re: what religion are you?

Quote Originally Posted by 4.3LXJ View Post
    No I have not. What is it about?
    It is a fictional book about a man who's daughter was abducted and murdered. If I remember right she was never found, but evidence was found in this shack somewhere out in the sticks.

He was unable to deal with his grief, and returned to the shack years later and finds it was now a beautiful place with gardens, etc... He goes inside and finds this black woman cooking, and begins talking to her. He discovers "she" is God. She explains to him about life and it's problems. There are a couple of other "people there, one is Jesus, can't recall who the others were. He is shown things, and taken places around the shack, and actually is shown his daughter "on the other side" and is in fact ok. He is taken to the place where she was murdered to show him she is no longer there. All this helps him to work thru his grief. This is the Readers Digest Condensed Version. I might have missed/forgot some things.

I won't go into the ending if you decide to read the book. I guess it is a good story, an example of what I have been saying. Would it be so hard for a God who claims to love us to "talk" to us? For some of us, I guess it is. What was taken from me BECAUSE of His refusal to "talk" to me, I can NEVER forgive.
    2000 Cherokee Sport 4.0L/AW4/NP242....

" the ONLY reason you're still conscious is I DON'T want to have to carry you!"
    ......Jack Bauer

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
    It is a fictional book about a man who's daughter was abducted and murdered. If I remember right she was never found, but evidence was found in this shack somewhere out in the sticks.

He was unable to deal with his grief, and returned to the shack years later and finds it was now a beautiful place with gardens, etc... He goes inside and finds this black woman cooking, and begins talking to her. He discovers "she" is God. She explains to him about life and it's problems. There are a couple of other "people there, one is Jesus, can't recall who the others were. He is shown things, and taken places around the shack, and actually is shown his daughter "on the other side" and is in fact ok. He is taken to the place where she was murdered to show him she is no longer there. All this helps him to work thru his grief. This is the Readers Digest Condensed Version. I might have missed/forgot some things.

I won't go into the ending if you decide to read the book. I guess it is a good story, an example of what I have been saying. Would it be so hard for a God who claims to love us to "talk" to us? For some of us, I guess it is. What was taken from me BECAUSE of His refusal to "talk" to me, I can NEVER forgive.
    Oh I think it would be wonderful to have a direct conversation with God, kind of boring for him though I suspect.

It would be much simpler if it worked that way I guess, I mean God meeting with us every so often and reviewing our progress. Like at work. It would be good to know him directly instead of the various stories, or cultures that have writings that represent him. I guess this is why I had a hard time for years with people saying you should love God. I mean how do you love someone you don't even know. I've always thought that if you LOVED someone that you didn't know that was an infatuation.

I guess it was after the birth of my children that I started to get a better idea of how I could love God.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Mudderoy View Post
    Oh I think it would be wonderful to have a direct conversation with God, kind of boring for him though I suspect.

It would be much simpler if it worked that way I guess, I mean God meeting with us every so often and reviewing our progress. Like at work. It would be good to know him directly instead of the various stories, or cultures that have writings that represent him. I guess this is why I had a hard time for years with people saying you should love God. I mean how do you love someone you don't even know. I've always thought that if you LOVED someone that you didn't know that was an infatuation.

I guess it was after the birth of my children that I started to get a better idea of how I could love God.

But how can a human "love" someone/something that does not serve a purpose? Could you love your wife if she NEVER responded to you, if she was never there? Love is a two way street, you give it, and it is returned. God asks, no actually DEMANDS for you to worship/love Him, but get's away with doing nothing FOR you in return.

Honestly, can anyone "love" God when He does nothing for you, or is never there to comfort/help you? People will say, well...."God is there you just don't know it, or God is speaking to you, you just aren't listening." As a human, as we ALL are, if I/you can't sense someone's presence, or cannot "hear" them it does not matter, it's a pointless arguement.

In that case you might as well love/worship your XJ at least it serves a purpose to you. It takes you where you want to go, etc... If you compare the two, God-XJ it would be like you buying the XJ, but never getting to see it, use it, but had to pay for it and someone preaching to you telling you how "good" it is.

I just don't get it. I'm happy for the one's who apparently do.

......Jack Bauer

Chats

i do love my xj!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hey bubba get your hand off my ass,

Some days it is just not worth it to gnaw through the leather restraints.

R.I.P. Brian 96_XJ Perrine 1990-2011

Chats

me too!!!!

......Jack Bauer

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by BlueXJ View Post
    i do love my xj!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    me too!!!!
    Why do you love my XJ??????????????
    Hey bubba get your hand off my ass,

Some days it is just not worth it to gnaw through the leather restraints.

R.I.P. Brian 96_XJ Perrine 1990-2011

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by BlueXJ View Post
    Why do you love my XJ??????????????
    Not YOUR'S My XJ! I'm just "good friends" with your XJ. Guess I should have been more specific.

......Jack Bauer

Chats

But how can a human "love" someone/something that does not serve a purpose? Could you love your wife if she NEVER responded to you, if she was never there? Love is a two way street, you give it, and it is returned. God asks, no actually DEMANDS for you to worship/love Him, but get's away with doing nothing FOR you in return.

Honestly, can anyone "love" God when He does nothing for you, or is never there to comfort/help you? People will say, well...."God is there you just don't know it, or God is speaking to you, you just aren't listening." As a human, as we ALL are, if I/you can't sense someone's presence, or cannot "hear" them it does not matter, it's a pointless argument.

In that case you might as well love/worship your XJ at least it serves a purpose to you. It takes you where you want to go, etc... If you compare the two, God-XJ it would be like you buying the XJ, but never getting to see it, use it, but had to pay for it and someone preaching to you telling you how "good" it is.

I just don't get it. I'm happy for the one's who apparently do.
    Oh I thought it was obvious. Everything I mean everything around us God brought into existence. Even the things I do myself and sometimes define me are all things that are possible because of God. I would say my love is more of appreciation, not really out of knowing God. I like astronomy as well, and it is sheer jaw dropping awe that there are so many things in the universe. So big, so small and so far away. It is obvious that this universe wasn't made for me, or even the small number of people on this planet. I think as we know more and more about the universe we live in the more it will demand the existence is some over lying force, some incredible over seer, some God that is responsible for it all.

In fact it may be that God does speak with each and every one of us, only in a time frame that seems reasonable to him and incredible long, and in some cases unreasonable to us.

I suspect that some day we will know and understand the truth of it all. When we do it will be immensely easy to understand, and incredibly detailed at the same time.

Chats

Chats

No relegion, But the JEEP takes me to see Gods work every weekend.
    SeXJeep, so what if a TJ can go topless...

Chats

I was born and raised and Baptiste as a catholic, However, I do really believe, I'll never go to church. Here in The Netherlands I have not so good experiences with the church as an institute. ( I only visit a church as an part of my culture nosiness)
    I have been an member of the CMA (Cristian motor association)

Chats

My family and I go to Hillsboro Church of Chirst.
    I really love seeing a Religion page on this site and now it s the best jeep site yet!!!

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by jugbutt View Post
    My family and I go to Hillsboro Church of Chirst.
    I really love seeing a Religion page on this site and now it s the best jeep site yet!!!
    Well they always say stay away from politics and religion, but I've never listened to anyone.

I thought we were all more than mature enough to have decent respectful conversations (at least on the site) about both.

TeXJ is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

I really enjoy talking about religion. Point counter point....
    GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER

1997 AW4 sport, 4.0L, 33's

Chats

Calvary Chapel... Christian. (Recovering Catholic)
    [SIZE="2"]97 XJ SPORT
    3" Budget lift (ZJ coils and track bar, spacers shackles)
    MSD ignition (box, coil) Accel 6mm wires
    Ford 19# injectors, 60mm TB, turbo city air tube
    Cherry bomb cat back
    oversized battery,

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast