Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eastern Oregon Pictures

I hope that you do it's a really nice place
    I love Oregon, but I really do want to see more. I have seen very little.

I was born in Seattle Wa, Moved to Oregon in 1988, but other than that I have only been to Idaho, California, Nevada, New Mexico, and Florida, oh and Washington DC.

ccccccccccccc
    Last edited by JG-Man; 05-09-2009 at 12:43 AM. Reason: reply in wrong place

Yea, I think you would be freaked out by living here. Also, i live less than 20 miles from work (the closest of my 4 team mates) but during rush hour it can take 1.2 to 1.6 hours to drive that! The most it took one day was 3.5 hours! and the least it took to go home after midnight was 35 mins. Big difference -- its all how much traffic there is that day.

Yeah I'll stick to where I live. I have been in the Seattle, Wa and Portland, OR rush hour traffic and the drivers there scare me to death, darting in and out of the lanes, cutting people off, tail gating, If I have to go to either of those places, I make sure I do not arrive during rush hour.

So what did you think about the air force one plane flying over NY?

Major bone-head move by someone (now formerly) in Obama's administration who obviously was not a New Yorker. He ordered it to be kept a secret and it wasn't even a real Air Force One plane, just a mock-up! (althout technically any plane that the President flys in becomes "Air Force One" in flight.)

I didn't see it so I'm not sure how I would have reacted now. (We did just have a plane LAND IN THE HUDSON RIVER recently -- "Miracle on the Hudson") But I remember weeks after 9/11 when I was driving over the GW Bridge into Manhattan and heard a plane passing overhead and I thought my heart was gonna beat right out of my chest! (like I had just run a flight of stairs or something) so I can see why some people reacted the way they did (and evacuated buildings). After the weapons grade Anthrax was sent to NBC in NYC, people would call about "a white powdery substance" after finishing a box of powdered dounuts! Though I think some other people just want an excuse to be outraged. I have nerve damage to one ear from 9/11 and I don't cry about it - life goes on.

The joy of having Dish Network is that I get to see the news from all over the US, but not whats going on right here in my area.

I remember watching the news about pilot Sullenberger landing that plane and heard him talking into his radio, I remember thinking how can he be so calm when he is about ready to crash into the water.

Too much going on in the big cities, I'd have a heart attack in under a week if I lived in one.

How did you get nerve damage from 9/11?

Am I asking to many questions?
    Tell me to zip it if I am, I won't be offended.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12