Not new here but have been away for a while. Have had my ' 98 jeep Cherokee 4.0 for about 10 years. Received it from my dad as a gift with about 138K. It now has 431K. At the 300K mark I dropped the pan and pulled the head off. I replaced all the rod and main bearings and pistons. Honed out the cylinders with a tool rented from Auto Zone. All the valvetrain assembly was replaced also. Everything on the motor has pretty much been replaced
Unfortunately, nature has not been good to the undercarriage. Rust has taken its toll. I have located a 99 Jeep Cherokee Laredo with no motor or transmission that I want to put my motor an transmission, transfer case in. So, I am at asking for advice guidance and what has to be changed modified ,etc for me to make the change to get the new jeep turn key ready.

I do all the work on my vehicles to the extent possible. Recently, I rebuilt the motor in my El Camino and it actually started after getting all together. Look forward to learning as much as possible here as well as sharing what knowledge I have.