Hope everyone has a safe Happy New Year.
Need some professional help on this one.
Basically, this is what I am attempting to do;

I would like to take my motor tranny and transfer case out of my vehicle which is a '98 jeep Cherokee 4.0 with 4WD and put it in a '99 jeep Cherokee Laredo which does not have a motor or transmission. The '99 Laredo did have the 4.0 in it though.

The '99 jeep Cherokee Laredo{VIN 1J4(Gor6)W58S5XC600435} is for sale for 600.00, I left the guy a deposit and told him that I needed to check a few things first to see what all I would have to do to do the swap.
The guy said he would let me have the transfer case that came out of the 99 jeep Cherokee Laredo also.

I noticed that the consoles are a little different in the two vehicles. On my '98 jeep Cherokee the handle for putting it in 4WD is off to side a little.

Can someone tell me what specifically I would need to do/adapt/change/get in order for my engine, transmission and transfer case to work in the newer vehicle.

The reason I am doing this is because the undercarriage of my Cherokee is ate up with rust. The newer vehicle is rust free, clean and garage kept. I am willing to go the extra yard if its worth doing the job.

I rebuilt the motor in my '98 a couple of years ago. It has about 100k on it. Swapping the motor and transmission in is cake just concerned about the wiring harness issue,etc.

I would appreciate all suggestions, specific procedures on how to do this.

Thanks,
Robert