Thread: New Member

Default New Member

Hello All
    Well Im a new member to the forum. I have a 2001 XJ four door 4.0 4x4 aw4 np231 basicly stock besides neon injector upgrade, h4 headlight conversion, and a rear disc brake conversion on a Chrysler 8.25.
    But my new project as of about three weeks is a 95 XJ two door 4.0 4x4 Im not sure of the transfer case guessing a np231 about 3 inches of lift 31x10.50s with 188000 miles on it. That i bought for a 180 bucks. Thinking I should have left it where it was. Lots of issuse. Blown head gasket(fixed), no power to fuel pump without direct power using a toggle switch(fixed) bad blower motor, bad upper and lower ball joints guessing tie rods as well. Trans fliud pump seal leaking, trans lines leaking, vaccuum lines plugged cracked and missing, exhaust falling off, interior is nasty dirty, front bolts on drivers seat broke off, power steering pump bad, and the drivers door top hinge is pulling away from the door jam and the bottom hinge needs the pin to be replaced. I guess I got what I paid for looks like a winter project.

Default Re: New Member

Glad you joined Joseph
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

to from Delaware!! Got a nice sounding rig in your 01, and does sound like the 95 is certainly starting off as a rough project, what are your ultimate plans with it, other than to get the currently known items taken care of??
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Well bluedragon my goal is to get it up and going and fix all the current problems, and replace all things that are missing. I need to find a vacuum disgram and get the lines that are missing,cracked and plugged back to the place they need to be. Then just fix it up. Maybe a little bigger lift like a rough county 4.5 x series, light bars, lockers etc. I dont do any rock crawling or anything like that maybe a little trail riding to get a good fishing spot. Thinking of doing the exterior in bed liner, do some upgrades. But Im on a budget see what happens over time. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciate. But

That sounds like a good solid plan for the build... I hear ya on the budget part... It's definitely not an easy process doing any build on a budget, especially when you don't get to spend the money on the fun stuff for a while... Look forward to seeing pics of the XJ's, as well as the progress on them...
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Welcome from WV, I always tell the new guy's building xj's that are rough and need everything is "At least you get to touch every bolt here in the warm dry garage, with all the resources you need. Not breaking bolts out on the trail when you need to depend on it... Use alot of Anti-seeze when it goes back together....Good luck

Welcome to xjtalk! Sounds like a headache on the 95 but that is a heck of a steal so I guess it's worth the savings. Sometimes it's best to go through some of the systems anyways just so you know it's settled right.

Feel free to post up any questions or new dents from that ball peen when the vacuum system just wants to screw with you.

Sent via messenger pigeon. I talk, he types.