Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Pinkyman is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Default Re: New House Project

Quote Originally Posted by bluedragon436 View Post
    Sounds like a whole lot going on.. but coming together nicely... Hurry up and get on that shop.. priorities are all wrong!! LOL.. It'll all come together in due time...
    Youre telling ME! I cant wait to get electrical and start working on finishing the shop, but right now the priority is getting finished inside so we can move in lol.

Chats

We didnt really get to the house over the weekend. They drywall guy was working on patching and doing the knockdown, and hes hoping to be done tonight, and Megans dad was busy with the new furnace and AC, and we should have cold air in the next few days.

We did go pick up a new stainless fridge to match the rest of our new stainless appliances, and picked out our big chunk of granite for the countertops.

My 25 year old Craftsman compressor took a dive too, so we went to home depot and i picked up a new husky 30 gallon twin cylinder, belt drive, oil-lubricated compressor, and some new hoses. Its pretty quiet, i like it alot so far! It was basically the biggest "portable" one i could find. Then i figure i can roll it from the shop to the garage without using the skidloader lol

Chats

Where's the fun in not using the skid loader for random tasks like that??!! LOL I'd still use the skid loader.. cause why the heck not?!! Get cold air just in time for the winter months.. well then again, probably need the cold air longer there than we do up here..
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Chats

Where's the fun in not using the skid loader for random tasks like that??!! LOL I'd still use the skid loader.. cause why the heck not?!! Get cold air just in time for the winter months.. well then again, probably need the cold air longer there than we do up here..
    It usually warms up enough here where well need it for a few weeks. But at least well have a brand new furnace for when winter hits, and then the AC will be ready to go next year when we need it. And Im hoping we will have the heater in the attached garage soon, just so i have a warm place to work on stuff this winter since i wont be working on the shop til spring.

Chats

I spent all afternoon there yesterday fishing wires through the walls and hanging TVs, and getting coax ran to a junction in the laundry room. The satellite installer will be there this afternoon, and i wanted to make sure i did everything myself, so that i didnt have to worry about them screwing anything up lol.

Oh and our new AC unit is ready to go, and the furnace will be ready as soon as the dampers for the zoning come in.

Last edited by Pinkyman; 08-23-2017 at 10:59 AM.

Chats

Got a lot done over the weekend. We finally have working AC! Its a little late in the season, but it works, and we got propane lines ran to the furnace and the stove and the dryer, so those should all be up and going soon. We also got the appliances in, and got most of the cabinet doors on (except for one that i need to re-do). And we got the center island in the kitchen to get prepared for the granite that is coming next week.

Im getting 22 tons of class V for the driveway delivered later this week, and hopefully i can get that all leveled with the skidloader before we go out of town friday. It rained, and the driveway was basically mud, so it definitely needs it.

The drywall guy will be there Thursday and over the weekend to finish the ceiling and patching some spots, and the floor guy is going to finish the stairs this week also. It should look like a whole new house when we get back from the weekend

The little man also got to chase the guinea hens around for a while. He sure loves those things.

Chats

Well we were on vacation all weekend, but Thursday i stopped by to mow the lawn, and my conbit showed up while I was there. 18 tons total. So when i was done with the lawn i jumped in the skidloader and got started. Its almost done, but i need to dig out a spot on the north side of the shop, and fill that with the rest of the conbit so that i have a nice spot to park the camper.

My father in law was there all weekend. He got the microwave in, and ran all the gas lines for the range, the drier, and the heater for the attached garage. He also got a bunch of other behind the scenes stuff done.

The ceilings should be done Thursday, and Wed and Thurs they will be ripping out the stairs and installing the new ones, and then Thursday the new granite countertops are being installed. Were hoping we may actually get to sleep there this weekend!!

Chats

They got the countertops done yesterday, and were super happy with how they turned out. Definetely the focal point of the house. The ceilings are coming along, although they are behind schedule, they should be done Saturday. And they were out yesterday to start on the stairs, and those should be done today.

This weekend i get to lay the conbit down and make a parking pad for the camper, paint and hopefully install the interior doors, maybe paint the inside of the garage, and move some stuff over there so we are ready to go as soon as the ceilings are done and we can clean up a bit. Ill probably mow the lawn again too.

Chats

Looks awesome Ryan, keep up the hard work!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Chats

Thanks! Its really starting to come together.

This weekend the guy was over working on the ceilings, and they "should be done tomorrow" I feel like ive heard that for weeks, but hopefully it happens soon. The bedrooms and bathroom are done, but he still has the entry way and living room yet to do. The guy is also coming today to finish the stairs.

I went over and dug out and made a parking pad for the camper on Saturday, I also got the interior doors all painted, so hopefully i can get those up this week.

My father in law is retiring, and his last day of work is on Thursday, so im sure he will be bored and go over there to tie up loose ends, and he said he will start working on getting power to the shop so I can at least get some outlets and lights in there, and a garage door opener.

I still cant get over how good the mechanical room looks. He sure is good at running lines and such. Its almost like art (or maybe im just a nerd) hahaha. Some of the wiring needs to be cleaned up yet, but it looks way better than when we started.

Chats

Well the knockdown on the ceiling and walls are done!! And they are coming to install the nose on the stairs today, then those will be done too. Then we can paint, and finally get moved in this weekend! WOOPWOOP!! Then hopefully I can hang the interior doors and start replacing the yellowed switches and outlets, and i can hang all our new fixtures.

The end is in sight!!! At least for the inside of the house. We still need to get to the shop electrical and heat/AC, and the landscaping, but that will happen soon enough.

This was before it was knocked down. Im sure he was sick of me being in there bugging him lol

More mechanical room stuff. Call me a nerd if you want, but this stuff always intrigues me. Weve got spare lines for the heat to both garages that need to be ran yet.

Chats

Yeah that is for sure a nice looking mechanical room... Still think your priorities are all wrong.. supposed to take care of the shop and get it all setup before anything else... not the last thing... sheesh.. lol.. JK.. The house progress is looking nice for sure..

Chats

Yeah that is for sure a nice looking mechanical room... Still think your priorities are all wrong.. supposed to take care of the shop and get it all setup before anything else... not the last thing... sheesh.. lol.. JK.. The house progress is looking nice for sure..
    I know i know lol. But the house needs to be livable first, then heat in the attached garage for the winter months. Im sure alot will get done since my father in law retired, now he has all sorts of stuff to keep him busy while im at work lol. Im sure it will be done sooner than later, Im hoping to at least have electricity down there before winter

Chats

We did get a lot done over the weekend. Got some furniture moved in, got all the interior doors installed, got the ceiling fan up in the bedroom, finished the plumbing, and assembled a bunch of chairs and an entertainment center. We also took the window AC unit out and put the window back in since we now have central air.

We also got the 4 wheeler and a bunch of stuff over, and my brother in law finished leveling the driveway, so thats finally done until spring when i may get another load delivered.

We ran into a snag with the new hardware and the old valve for the upstairs shower, so we need to figure that out in the next few days.

Tonight im going to load up the little mans bed and a bunch of boxes and haul that over there, so we can start getting all my car trailers and boat and camper and Jeep and all that out of my in-laws yard, and were hoping we can actually sleep there tonight

Last edited by Pinkyman; 09-18-2017 at 10:52 AM.

Chats

Well were finally moved in for the most part. We still have a few boxes left at the in laws, and the garage fridge and a few other misc things. Weve been busy replacing light fixtures and hanging stuff on the walls to make it more like home, along with towel racks and all that good stuff.

Weve still got some finishing touches to do to the house, like the trim, but its really coming along.

I also picked up a new toy for blowing all the leaves around, since they are overtaking our front porch and driveway. Ill probably get to that this weekend when its dry enough. I think were going to have a fire this weekend too. We have piles and piles of cardboard, and old cabinets, and misc construction wood and branches and stuff to go for a while.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast