Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Pinkyman is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Default Re: New House Project

Well i got home last night to (4) new LED shop lights in the garage, and a 100' extension cord. My wife is pretty awesome

So now i have at least temporary lighting in the shop, and man those things are bright! I got them all wired up to a surge protector, so thats my "on/off" switch for the time being, and i have an extension cord running to the shop from the house. Its not ideal, but at least I can go out there and work on stuff now! And it says they light instantly down to 0*F, so hopefully they will work alright this winter. If its that cold i wont be out there working on stuff anyways lol.

Last edited by Pinkyman; 09-28-2017 at 09:19 AM.

abebehrmann is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Heck yeah! I just installed my 3rd LED Shop Light in my garage and man do I love the amount of light those things put out. Makes working out there a lot more fun, not having to drag a smaller shop light from place to place to actually be able to see things clearly.

Chats

are those four tube or two tube lights? Nice and bright
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by 4.3LXJ View Post
    are those four tube or two tube lights? Nice and bright
    I believe they are 2 tube? But they are LED, so I guess they dont really have tubes... They are super bright though. I thought 6 would be good, but 4 seems to be plenty

These are the ones:

https://www.menards.com/main/lightin...0080852477.htm

Chats

I finally got the hardware for the upstairs shower, so thats up and going now, and i put all the outlet and light switch covers on. I still need to replace all of the outlets and switches, since they are old and yellow/brown. But that may be a winter project.

Chats

Coming along nicely... Seems like an early winter project would be getting heat in the shop... Can't have the "Baby" freezing.. not to mention can't not be able to work on the Jeep when things come up during the winter.. lol.. The house is coming along nicely...

Can't wait to get a place of my own, so I can pickup some of those LED shop lights like that for mine..
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by bluedragon436 View Post
    Coming along nicely... Seems like an early winter project would be getting heat in the shop... Can't have the "Baby" freezing.. not to mention can't not be able to work on the Jeep when things come up during the winter.. lol.. The house is coming along nicely...

Can't wait to get a place of my own, so I can pickup some of those LED shop lights like that for mine..
    We will have heat in the attached garage before winter. We are going to run power and gas lines to the shop, but it doesnt make sense to heat it until its at least insulated, and that wont happen before winter lol.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkyman View Post
    We will have heat in the attached garage before winter. We are going to run power and gas lines to the shop, but it doesnt make sense to heat it until its at least insulated, and that wont happen before winter lol.
    Going back to my original statement... priorities are all wrong... LOL... I kid I kid.. that does make sense to take care of the insulation first.. and at least you do have somewhere to do work if need be that will be heated.. And a great house that is done up just the way you want, to enjoy when there isn't any vehicle jobs that need to be done..
    Last edited by bluedragon436; 10-04-2017 at 07:48 PM.
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Chats

We got a ton done this weekend. Were almost ready to have everyone over for the little mans birthday party on Saturday.

I got a bunch or brush cleared up and stacked, and we finally got the railing done, and a bunch of painting, and i hung the rest of the light fixtures. I also swapped out a bunch of bulbs for LEDs. Ive got a bunch to go, but man i like how they look!

We also finally fixed the spot above the microwave where the fan vent goes. Her dad routed a piece of wood and we painted it white, and magneted it on so we can still have access.

Chats

Last night I pressure washed the whole outside of the house, and the shop, and the sidewalk/patio and the stairs. I think its safe to say that it hasnt been done in a good 20 years or so. I would like to get a brush and a bucket of soapy water and scrub the shop off, but ill probably worry about that in the spring.

Chats

Last night I pressure washed the whole outside of the house, and the shop, and the sidewalk/patio and the stairs. I think its safe to say that it hasnt been done in a good 20 years or so. I would like to get a brush and a bucket of soapy water and scrub the shop off, but ill probably worry about that in the spring. The shop cleaned up good enough for now.

Chats

I havent done much here lately. Other than tying up some odds and ends. I did manage to upgrade the attached garage to all LED lights the other day. I snagged the same lights I have in the shop on a black Friday deal.

We also finally squared the back wall on the shop since it was bowed out from all the crap the previous owners had piled in it.

Chats

Looks great... I love the light output from LED... every bulb in my house right now are those spiral florescent bulbs.. But can't wait to have a place of our own, and they'll all be LED... Are those two big bulbs in the center of the garage, LED as well?? haven't ever seen those large style bulbs in LED (then again haven't really looked for those (yet))...

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by bluedragon436 View Post
    Looks great... I love the light output from LED... every bulb in my house right now are those spiral florescent bulbs.. But can't wait to have a place of our own, and they'll all be LED... Are those two big bulbs in the center of the garage, LED as well?? haven't ever seen those large style bulbs in LED (then again haven't really looked for those (yet))...
    Yup, those are LED floodlights that i picked up at Menards when i bought the rest of them

We also had the spiral (compact fluorescent) or whatever they were called. I couldnt stand how long it would take them to "warm up." So i went to home depot, and got a few packs of (4) LED Phillips bulbs for like 9.99, and they were worth every penny!

denverd1 is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Well i got home last night to (4) new LED shop lights in the garage, and a 100' extension cord. My wife is pretty awesome

So now i have at least temporary lighting in the shop, and man those things are bright! I got them all wired up to a surge protector, so thats my "on/off" switch for the time being, and i have an extension cord running to the shop from the house. Its not ideal, but at least I can go out there and work on stuff now! And it says they light instantly down to 0*F, so hopefully they will work alright this winter. If its that cold i wont be out there working on stuff anyways lol.

Looks great. I put 2 5' LEDs in my garage. PLENTY of light!!
    Wheelin' East Texas in a RED XJ

RED 98 XJ with 4.5" lift, ZJ steering, front and rear locked on 33's
    Cobra CB, SYE, bumpers, 10K winch, lights
    ,___________
    //___l__,\____\,00_
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]|
    (o)_)--(o)_)--(o)_)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast