Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Pinkyman is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Default New House Project

So my wife and i recently sold our house, and closed on our new house last Friday. We needed more land, and room for the dog to run, and i wanted a shop, and i was tired of being able to see the neighbors out my front window when we were trying to eat dinner or do anything lol.

We ended up a few miles in the other direction of my work, on just under 2 acres. The house is about 200 sq/ft smaller than our last house, but it has a shop, and you cant see a single house from anywhere on the property.

The house was built in 79, and had no furnace or AC, and has electric baseboard heat, and has really never been updated. So Saturday we got to work basically gutting it other than sheetrock. We have the HVAC guy coming next week to install the ducting and the furnace and AC, the flooring guy is coming tonight, and the guys are coming to do knockdown on the ceiling next week. Other than that, we are removing a wall, painting, adding a deck off the dining room, and installing propane and all new appliances. Were also tearing down a few cabinets in the kitchen, and painting the rest of them white, and removing the "L" portion of the counter tops, and adding the kitchen island that im picking up tonight.

As far as the shop, its just an empty shell as of now. Im going to take the skidloader and dig a trench to run electric and gas (for the heat and AC) in the shop, and eventually ill get to insulating and sheet rocking once the electrical is all done, but that may be a next spring project, we will see. But as of now it gives me a place to store toys, and to work on stuff.

Last edited by Pinkyman; 08-23-2017 at 09:40 AM.

Chats

Default Re: New House Project

We get to pick up our new appliances later this week once the natural gas to propane conversion is done.

Chats

And of course with a larger yard and more land, i had to pick up a few toys for myself to make life easier...........

abebehrmann is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Looks like the house is gonna look nice with a little bit of updating, not to mention that shop!

Quick question from a non-homeowner, why are you converting from natural gas to propane?

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by abebehrmann View Post
    Looks like the house is gonna look nice with a little bit of updating, not to mention that shop!

Quick question from a non-homeowner, why are you converting from natural gas to propane?
    We dont have access to natural gas from the city there, so we are getting a large propane tank delivered to run our furnace and all our gas appliances. We have to convert them all since most of the population runs on natural gas, so thats what they are sold as

Chats

Lots of shade, I like it. Nothing like country living
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

abebehrmann is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkyman View Post
    We dont have access to natural gas from the city there, so we are getting a large propane tank delivered to run our furnace and all our gas appliances. We have to convert them all since most of the population runs on natural gas, so thats what they are sold as
    Oh ok, that makes sense. I grew up way out in the country so I definitely understand that.

I was thinking the house was already set up for natural gas and you were converting to propane and I thought that it was weird to convert since I thought natural gas was a bit cheaper and you don't have to really worry about running out or setting up delivery.

Chats

Lookin good. You've got quite a project on your hands. Interested to see it done

Chats

Well im picking up the new fridge tonight, and last night i picked up our new center island, and this afternoon the dumpster was delivered. Time to get to cleaning up the mess!

Tomorrow i might test out the new John Deere and mow the lawn for the first time.

Last edited by Pinkyman; 08-23-2017 at 09:40 AM.

Chats

Oh the joys of a new/used house
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

denverd1 is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

how's the insulation on the house? first thing I'd do is blow foam insulation all over the attic before i started any duct work. Up there, you're trying to keep heat IN as opposed to Texas summers, keeping it out. but with 1979 construction, you energy bills will definitely be lighter. just an idea.

great property! I'm getting tired of suburbia.
    Wheelin' East Texas in a RED XJ

RED 98 XJ with 4.5" lift, ZJ steering, front and rear locked on 33's
    Cobra CB, SYE, bumpers, 10K winch, lights
    ,___________
    //___l__,\____\,00_
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]|
    (o)_)--(o)_)--(o)_)

Chats

Definitely envious of that place! My neighborhood has been going downhill for a few years now and it's crammed to the max with big city people. So, since you've obviously won the lottery with the new place and toys, send me some money so I can leave this behind! Looks like a good project and nice way to make it your own (meaning HER own).

Sent via messenger pigeon. I talk, he types.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by XJ Wheeler View Post
    Definitely envious of that place! My neighborhood has been going downhill for a few years now and it's crammed to the max with big city people. So, since you've obviously won the lottery with the new place and toys, send me some money so I can leave this behind! Looks like a good project and nice way to make it your own (meaning HER own).

Sent via messenger pigeon. I talk, he types.
    Lol thats about it hahaha. I got land and a shop, and told her she can pick out whatever she wants for the house lol. She still runs it past me, but she has pretty good taste, so im not worried.

Chats

Well i took yesterday off to get some things done. Went to the DMV to transfer ownership on the 4 wheeler and the new trailer, and to change my address. We also went to Menards and ordered the new patio door, and all new interior doors.

I also found time to break in the new John Deere! The lawn sure needed it!

Chats

Looks like a pretty good deal you got there... and certainly a nice start.. Can't wait to find a place with a little bit of property and privacy to finally setup as my own... and especially hopefully with a half way decent size outbuilding I can turn into a shop.. (have one in mind right now if a job I recently applied for comes through (only one I've gotten a call back for out of all of the resumes I've sent out, and a career I'd love (and have always wanted) to get into)... it'll be an overtime fixer upper for sure, but will work for me nicely..
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast