Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Chats

Default Re: New House Project

Quote Originally Posted by 4.3LXJ View Post
    Nothing like a little warmth in the shop. I used to live where it got cold and hot. I had a heat pump in mine I got for free. A guy has to have a nice work environment
    Hell, I just want a garage to store my tools and be able to actually access and use them... even more so if it's big enough for me to get a vehicle inside and work on... At this point, I don't care if it's heated/cooled or not... LOL But would like for it to be climate controlled if I had the choice!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkyman View Post
    Well with the help of my father in law and brother in law (Or I should say I helped them, lol) we did some damage last weekend. Got the lines ran to the shop, got one of the 2 big trees down, and demo'd the front patio to get it ready for some crushed concrete. Next on the list is getting the power and water actually hooked up in the shop, and then taking down the other huge tree in the front yard. Then we can go on to the new patio for the fire pit, and another 18ton load delivery of crushed concrete.

Oh and i got my deer back!!

House looks like it's coming along very nice.... Can't wait to get a place of my own to start making ours... wish I had the folks close by that could help with stuff like this... instead I'll be trying to take on what I can... and as funds allow, pay someone to do the rest...
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Pinkyman is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Well i got some temporary heat in the shop. I put some poly in the ceiling to try to hold it in a bit since its not insulated yet. Im also going to be putting in a garage door opener in the next week or so, so I finally dont have to keep lifting the door by hand lol.

Chats

50 Man we think we are freezing in CA when it is that cold
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

Chats

Ca.... humf
    50 is tee shirt weather

looks great
    I have a old oil furnace in my shop I got to plastic the ceiling in mine too would make it stay warmer
    I have installed gas before
    not a bad job if you have the equipment..looks like ya do
    and that skid steer that will make a big job go quick
    but your shop is too clean ( definitely a sign of a sick mind )

more land is always better
    94 four banger 5 speed 4.11 in a 8.25

"Wherever we want to go, we go. That's what a Jeep is, you know. It's not just a steering wheel and a body and motor; that's what a Jeep needs. Not what a Jeep is. What Jeep really is, is freedom." Paraphrased from-Jack Sparrow in The Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl.

Chats

You should look into doing one of the 55 gallon wood stove/heater kits... from what I've seen online they get amazing reviews, and don't really take up all that much room.. That's what I'm thinking about doing for my garage... if/when I ever manage to actually get one...
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Chats

Is the yellow/orange tubing your water line? Around here, we need to bury our water lines a minimum of 6 feet under ground to keep them from freezing.
    1996 XJ, 5 speed manual, 4.0, 265,000 miles and no rust

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Firefighter View Post
    Is the yellow/orange tubing your water line? Around here, we need to bury our water lines a minimum of 6 feet under ground to keep them from freezing.
    The orange is a water line. I just want to have a spigot out there for filling the camper, washing cars and the mower etc. It will be blown out in the winter, as it’s only about 3 feet down, and not below the frost line.

Chats

I HAVE POWER!!!!! We finally got the power all hooked up in the shop, and ive been working on running all of my outlets, outside lighting, light switches etc.... I think i may have gone a little overkill on the 18 outlets, but better to have them and not need them... lol

I still need to hook them in and install the outlets, and put outlets in the ceiling and wire them. But its getting there, and one more solid weekend/day and it should be ready for insulation

I also put in a garage door opener with some help of a good friend, and man that is nice to have!

Last edited by Pinkyman; 01-15-2019 at 08:26 AM.

Chats

Looks good... you can never go overkill or have too many outlets.. so long as they are setup properly on breakers, and not everything off of one breaker (and most likely the wrong rated breaker at that).. lol

Chats

Well I got all the outlets hooked in, every 6 feet, and a bunch of double gang boxes right at my workbench area. I also have a few spares in the ceiling for a fan once i get permanent heat in there. I also picked up 15 - 40' rolls of insulation the other day, so hopefully the shop will be insulated and ready for heat in the upcoming weeks I also added some dusk to dawn lights outside so i can keep a better eye out for critters of the night...

Ive also been working on the basement bathroom quite a bit. Had to frame around all the new HVAC ducting, and then fix the walls that were nowhere near straight, and then get a fan (which it didnt have before) and new lights above the shower all wired up and new romex ran. I got all the sheetrock hung yesterday, and now i get to learn how to mud and tape lol. We also picked up the new flooring, vanity, toilet, and paint the other day, so hopefully it will start coming together soon.

Chats

Well ive been busy working on the downstairs bathroom, and the shop, and the jeep lol. But I did manage to get some of the insulation up in the shop. I got almost a full wall done last saturday night. I may finish it up this weekend if its not too cold and crappy out. But at least now it will hopefully hold my heat in a little bit better.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456