Thread: I've been there...

Pookapotamus is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen

Default I've been there...

Mrs. Pook and I had an idea a few years ago to get a large map of Alberta, mount it on cork, and put pins in it for all the places we travel to in the province. Unfortunately I still have not been able to locate a decent sized map that could work for this purpose.

Was wondering if anyone else has done this, or if there is software or an app that can do this? Would also be cool to see a map of where all the xj talk members are, and have been.

Just thinking out loud...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: I've been there...

Tow suggestions Pook. Do google "image alberta map" Lots of sites to go to there on Visit Page. Second, how about cutting up a large coffee table book that has maps of Canada. Probably available really cheap somewhere on Amazon or a book store
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

One other suggestion. I download maps for wheeling purposes. One map never does it, so I use a desk top publishing program to make one image of several maps. Always bigger than one sheet of paper, generally at least 4 sheets. My printer, which is common now does edge to edge printing. Then you can tile them together afterwards
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

Check out national geographic, the make many kinds of maps, our local court house has a wall sized map of the united states from them. I also have the entire tahoe and el Dorado national forest on topographical map on a wall at my house, has every highway, road way, forest service road, dirt road, 4 by 4 trail, hiking path and horse trail on it. Even has every body of water named from lakes to irrigation ditches.

Another option, I am a AAA member and get free road maps, pm me your address and I will send you a map from them. They have all towns, highways freeways and interstates. Even has estimated travel times between major cities.

After this Summer I will have traveled all 48 continental United States. I think a road trip to Alaska is next. Then maybee all the provinces Canada, I decide when the time comes. So no problem picking up any maps for you, I need some anyway. Just let me know.
    Project Hum Wee
    Project TJ Resurrection
    Project Little Brother

Pookapotamus is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen

I actually wort for AAA up here, get all the maps I need, I guess I could just piece together a few maps. Was hoping there would be a good software option, I'll keep looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When my work took me down trails, farm roads and I had to find creeks, steams, & other landmarks, I used to buy a DeLorme Gazatteer for the state I was working. The detail was amazing. I see that Garmin has bought them, but I think they still sell large paper sat maps.
    Charlie Foxtrot's line up
    gone but not forgotten:
    94 yj
    91 xj
    76 j10
    74 j10

on the line:
    00 wj
    98 zj
    95 zj

new to the zoo:
    89 mj