Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    denverd1 is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Default Re: Flag disrespect and desecration.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Foxtrot View Post
    I sometimes wonder if the burner is just some dufus trying to impress some girl. Or impress his other dufus buddies.
    when I think about the men and women who gave the ultimate sacrifice so these pricks can have the privilege and freedom to do something so immature... it really pisses me off.

They should be arrested and give minimum 6 months military service in the toughest environment we can find. night watch at our base in Siberia or some . doubtful, but they might have a different perspective when they get back.

Should be illegal on American soil for sure.
    Wheelin' East Texas in a RED XJ

RED 98 XJ with 4.5" lift, ZJ steering, front and rear locked on 33's
    cowl intake, Cobra CB, SYE, bumpers, 10K winch, lights
    ,___________
    //___l__,\____\,00_
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]|
    (o)_)--(o)_)--(o)_)

Chats

Perhaps they would like to burn the Iranian flag in Iran, or Chinese flag in China? You know what I mean
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

abebehrmann is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Quote Originally Posted by 4.3LXJ View Post
    Perhaps they would like to burn the Iranian flag in Iran, or Chinese flag in China? You know what I mean
    I see this as proof why flag burning should be kept legal. You burn another country's flag in that country and they might put you to death or throw you in jail.

I think you should have the right in America to do whatever you want unless it infringes on another person's rights. You should be able to burn whatever the hell you want on your own property and nobody, especially the government should be able to say anything about it unless it infringes on someone else's rights.

You want to burn a pic of Obama or Trump? Go right ahead as long as it doesn't infringe on my rights.

Want to put a big block V8 in your MG? Go right ahead (and send me pics and video of the burnout)!

Want to burn a Mexican Flag, Canadian Flag, American Flag, Iranian Flag, and whatever else flag you want to throw in there? I wouldn't do it, but go right ahead!

Want to proudly fly a Nazi Flag on your property? Well I don't agree with that and you're probably somebody I wouldn't want to touch with a 10 foot pole, but go right ahead!

We live in the greatest country in the world and it's that way because we're free to do and say as we want as long as it doesn't infringe upon another person's right to do and say as they want, even if it offends the hell out of you.

Chats

That wasn't my point. Yes they have the "right". But one of the best things you can do for your kids as teenagers is to send them, without you, to some third world country without power or cell towers to work for a couple of weeks helping these people while sleeping on a dirt floor and eating what they eat. The come back different kids and really appreciate what they have. Same needs to be done to these people that lack common sense enough to know where rights come from and why they have them
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers

abebehrmann is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Quote Originally Posted by 4.3LXJ View Post
    That wasn't my point. Yes they have the "right". But one of the best things you can do for your kids as teenagers is to send them, without you, to some third world country without power or cell towers to work for a couple of weeks helping these people while sleeping on a dirt floor and eating what they eat. The come back different kids and really appreciate what they have. Same needs to be done to these people that lack common sense enough to know where rights come from and why they have them
    My mistake, I misunderstood you. That's a good point, a lot of people don't realize what they have until they're made to live without it for a while.

It is pretty ironic that the rights that the flag symbolizes also gives them the right to destroy it.

Chats

Denver D 1
    They should be arrested and give minimum 6 months military service in the toughest environment we can find. night watch at our base in Siberia or some . doubtful, but they might have a different perspective when they get back.
    I really don't want them in my unit. I wouldn't wish them on any unit. The military isn't punishment. It's an honorable calling. Over the years well meaning souls tried using the choice of serving time or 'volunteering' for active duty as a form of redemptive punishment. I don't recall any success stories, just F ups that made it tougher for everyone else. When you are in a trick bag you need to depend on your battle buddy. It just doesn't work if you have to deal with some F-up rando on your flank. Stuff like that gets folks killed. When I signed up there was a draft and the service was sometimes used as a 'get out of jail' tactic. It didn't work too well. One of the best things that happened in my lifetime was the all volunteer military. It isn't perfect, but I don't want it tainted. As a civilian, I now work with careerists (we used to call them lifers) and "first term-rs" as well (aka the E-4 mafia). Lots of these young guys and gals are fresh from SW Asia, some are headed back. Their life has enough challenges without having to deal with the type of jerks that burn flags.
    Last edited by Charlie Foxtrot; 02-01-2017 at 09:26 PM.
    Charlie Foxtrot's line up
    gone but not forgotten:
    94 yj
    91 xj
    76 j10
    74 j10

on the line:
    00 wj
    98 zj
    95 zj

new to the zoo:
    89 mj
    46 willys jeep 10kw generator

shop trucks (plows & haulers):
    99 ram 1500 4x4 (plow)
    97 ram 2500 (gas hauler)
    95 ram 2500 (HD diesel hauler)

denverd1 is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Foxtrot View Post
    I really don't want them in my unit. I wouldn't wish them on any unit. The military isn't punishment. It's an honorable calling. Over the years well meaning souls tried using the choice of serving time or 'volunteering' for active duty as a form of redemptive punishment. I don't recall any success stories, just F ups that made it tougher for everyone else. When you are in a trick bag you need to depend on your battle buddy. It just doesn't work if you have to deal with some F-up rando on your flank. Stuff like that gets folks killed. When I signed up there was a draft and the service was sometimes used as a 'get out of jail' tactic. It didn't work too well. One of the best things that happened in my lifetime was the all volunteer military. It isn't perfect, but I don't want it tainted. As a civilian, I now work with careerists (we used to call them lifers) and "first term-rs" as well (aka the E-4 mafia). Lots of these young guys and gals are fresh from SW Asia, some are headed back. Their life has enough challenges without having to deal with the type of jerks that burn flags.
    didn't think before I posted. definitely didn't intend to imply that defending our country was anything other than an honorable calling. you're right though, I wouldn't want to be around them either.
    Wheelin' East Texas in a RED XJ

RED 98 XJ with 4.5" lift, ZJ steering, front and rear locked on 33's
    cowl intake, Cobra CB, SYE, bumpers, 10K winch, lights
    ,___________
    //___l__,\____\,00_
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]|
    (o)_)--(o)_)--(o)_)

Chats

I know what you meant Denver. Something like boot camp for screw ups. Had a cousin in law once that was a chronic criminal. Finally they put him in the Youth Conservation Corps here in CA. Basically it was hard labor every day clearing brush and fighting wild fires. Made him go straight. Didn't want any more of that, and very vocal about it
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12