Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chats

Default Flag disrespect and desecration.

Does anyone else get mad or irritated everytime someone disrespects our flag?
    Had a good argument with a Liberal Hippie Douchebag who claims he can burn or stomp ANY US flag he choses because of the fact some are made overseas. As a service member, I believe it's STILL our flag and it's not about where it was made but rather what it stands for. Needed to vent before I get the urge to punch "him" (not much of a man in my eyes) in his throat for wasting precious oxygen.
    Last edited by Outlaw star; 06-03-2016 at 04:07 PM.

Chats

Default Re: Flag disrespect and desecration.

Where it is made is irrelevant. Though as a matter of principle they should all be made here. It is just another excuse to bend or break the rules of society
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

Chats

Yeah, no I don't care where they're made.. they're still a US flag, and still stand for all of those that have served... and even more so those that made the ultimate sacrifice in defense of our country... I would certainly prefer they all be made here in the US... but either way makes my blood boil when I see these ungrateful ****s stepping all over and burning our flag... I was telling a friend of mine, that hopefully I never see someone doing it when I'm passing by in my Jeep.. or I may be putting my steel bumper to the test...
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Chats

I do enjoy the videos of them catching fire while burning a flag. I didn't serve in the military but stupid people doing stupid things with flags doesn't offend me. When I shoot my guns, eat tastey bacon or turn the key on my XJ to take a trip down a road that I don't know where it goes and find something cool is when I appreciate the sacrifices those who serve make for me. The flag is just a symbol of the ideals this country is supposed to stand for. But its a hydra. You buy one to burn the flag makers make more to replace it and I think that is more of a symbol for this country than the flag its self. It shows you can screw with us but we will rise from the fire stronger. That's just how I feel.
    There are no rocks, log trails or public land here so Iím building a mall crawler... Dawn of the Dead style!!!

Chats

I have a views on this.
    1. Its the American flag there are rules for it use them.
    2. Its is the person's write to do with the flag. He/she
    Payed for it.
    3. Don't go crying the media when some vet stomps
    A mud hole in ya.
    4. Me and my brothers and sisters have fought and died for the American flag.
    Every accomplishment starts with a decision to try.

Chats

You don't sound dead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chats

I am not dead. I have lost brothers and sisters.
    Is what I meant to say.
    Every accomplishment starts with a decision to try.

Chats

Outlaw star

Flag disrespect and desecration.

Does anyone else get mad or irritated everytime someone disrespects our flag?
    Had a good argument with a Liberal Hippie Douchebag who claims he can burn or stomp ANY US flag he choses because of the fact some are made overseas. As a service member, I believe it's STILL our flag and it's not about where it was made but rather what it stands for. Needed to vent before I get the urge to punch "him" (not much of a man in my eyes) in his throat for wasting precious oxygen.
    Yes, it upsets me when folks disrespect our flag.

Arguing with "Liberal Hippie Douchebag" is a waste of your precious time. Its kind of like wrestling with pigs - you both get dirty & the swine love it.

Manufacturing country of origin is irrelevant for the purposes of this discussion. Ownership may be relevant as to the concept of destruction of personal property, but is irrelevant as to the concept of disrespect.

Desecrating the flag's basic intent is to incite a violent response. Its a childlike dare to onlookers. Its a 'Look at me!' stunt that provokes so that the protester can also claim victim status.

We don't get much of that where I live. It is a very rural area where most families have kin who have served or are on active duty. One of the nearby communities has a commemorative park with a plaque that has over 900 names of residents who have died in combat over the years. The town's population is less than 200. No flag burning there.

I'm not sure that there is an easy way to clean this mess up. Its to late to impress upon these folks basic goodness of our country. If we truly believe in the first amendment, we have to allow these folks the opportunity to express themselves. We don't have to pay for it. We shouldn't ignore it. We have a right to disagree with the protestor. We have a right to defend ourselves from any real aggression from these folks.

Thanks to those who have answered the call of their nation. Uniformed service to our country is often misunderstood and undervalued. Please treat returning vets with the respect they have earned.
    Charlie Foxtrot's line up
    gone but not forgotten:
    94 yj
    91 xj
    76 j10
    74 j10

on the line:
    00 wj
    98 zj
    95 zj

new to the zoo:
    89 mj
    46 willys jeep 10kw generator

shop trucks (plows & haulers):
    99 ram 1500 4x4 (plow)
    97 ram 2500 (gas hauler)
    95 ram 2500 (HD diesel hauler)

Chats

Because of who has been put in our Supreme Court, The act of burning or desecrating our flag has been considered a 1rst amendment right... I feel that those who decided that dishonoured our country. A citizen having the right to disrespect our country is one thing. But disrespecting the symbols that represent what we stand for as a nation is not a freedom of speech, it is an act of rebellion and a direct attack on our Country! Therefore it is not an act of a citizen. At least in the way I see it. The important part of this type of conversation is, We as Americans, STAND UP for those symbols, make their abuse unacceptable. Making them illegal to abuse only makes them more potent a tool against us, but how we feel about it, how we respond to it in public, will make a difference. Don't walk away, Don't say "What ever ass hole" Tell them how you feel, tell them they are out of line, tell them they are abusing their right for an invalid cause. God Bless America, God Keep America and I vow to do the same.

Let us take our pride and love for our Country in strength into the new year!

It may be a bumpy road, But hey, That's why we drive Jeeps, Right?
    Bob, KJ5XJ
    1992 XJ
    4.0L, AW4, NP231, Bridgestone All terrain LT 32"
    Safari Rack, Bushwacker flairs, Bed-liner for paint
    Yup! That's my Beautiful baby!
    If you're not on ...

cpttuna is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

sooner or later, someone will burn a flag and someone will walk up a put a bullet in them. Unfortunate, but I see it happening(first amendment right or not)

Chats

Nobody has rights, they're called privileges and they can be revoked and/or modified whether we like it or not.. Flag burning is what it is.. Either we like it or not it's going to happen, if someone wants to pop one in someone's head for doing so then I think that person should be evaluated.. People that get too emotional and let it control their actions should be evaluated.. Put the feet in the other shoes and try to understand and let them also understand where you stand.. I think it's a beautiful process.. Yet people get too emotional and let it override their actions..

America, **** yeah!

masterdebater
    Last edited by 98xjguy; 12-27-2016 at 09:22 PM.

Chats

in re: cpttuna
    "sooner or later, someone will burn a flag and someone will walk up a put a bullet in them."

http://fox2now.com/2017/01/30/fedex-...american-flag/

No bullet, just a blast from a fire extinguisher.
    gone but not forgotten:
    94 yj
    91 xj
    76 j10
    74 j10

on the line:
    00 wj
    98 zj
    95 zj

new to the zoo:
    89 mj
    46 willys jeep 10kw generator

shop trucks (plows & haulers):
    99 ram 1500 4x4 (plow)
    97 ram 2500 (gas hauler)
    95 ram 2500 (HD diesel hauler)

denverd1 is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

^ solid dude right there. I'd like to shake his hand. personally, would have been tough fighting off the urge of bashing a millennial boob in the head with it.
    Wheelin' East Texas in a RED XJ

RED 98 XJ with 4.5" lift, ZJ steering, front and rear locked on 33's
    cowl intake, Cobra CB, SYE, bumpers, 10K winch, lights
    ,___________
    //___l__,\____\,00_
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]|
    (o)_)--(o)_)--(o)_)

Chats

It's currently covered under free speech but I don't get the point. The flag represents us as a people, not the system that you (the burner) has a problem with. To me it seems like empty shock value.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Chats

I sometimes wonder if the burner is just some dufus trying to impress some girl. Or impress his other dufus buddies.
    gone but not forgotten:
    94 yj
    91 xj
    76 j10
    74 j10

on the line:
    00 wj
    98 zj
    95 zj

new to the zoo:
    89 mj